The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Senators, Canucks Could Be Teams To Watch On Trade Market

RWJC

32 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I am so glad Alvin and Co. seen through his BS too. To think about us keeping him and trading Miller would have taken us so far back, we would be probably looking at a full rebuild by now. 

He was way overrated and didn't possess the leadership qualities that was needed to take this team into battle. 

You can tell us that for free.

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

As depth, Myers is still incredibly important to this club. People disregard that because of cap hit, but good luck in finding a viable replacement for him if absolutely necessary. Best play right now is to move Garland for straight cap relief. Go through the season to see where Beau fits in as and when needed and depending on position, keep him as a cheap “freebie” for a playoff run. Utilize the Garland cap savings to purchase expiring UFA depth at TDL. If not in the hunt, we’ve established two decent trade targets for any contenders. 
it’s the safest bet at the moment. 

once we see how the season progresses perhaps there’s a few more “hockey trade” options presented from and through other teams’ fate, but for now if we’re serious to try and make the cut, we will need allllllll the depth with NHL experience that we currently have. Move Garland and GM the sh!t out of how we best utilize any excess F or call ups. 

Mik, BB6, Pearson are all still question marks. Kuz may hit the sophomore slump. Better to be safe than sorry I’m expecting things to simply run smoothly, because that is not the pedigree when it comes to this club unfortunately 

It's pointless to trade Myers now as we have no replacement for him.  We are still weak on the right side as is.  Also, makes no sense to trade him at the deadline to weaken our team for a playoff run.  We need to keep him for the whole year and hope he produces on the 3rd pairing playing sheltered minutes with no PK time...

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's pointless to trade Myers now as we have no replacement for him.  We are still weak on the right side as is.  Also, makes no sense to trade him at the deadline to weaken our team for a playoff run.  We need to keep him for the whole year and hope he produces on the 3rd pairing playing sheltered minutes with no PK time...

Depends on when Bear is ready right?

But seriously, Myers is here still because of the reason you suggest, they just don't have anybody better.  It's a question of availability and cap hit.  Allvin said himself that Myers was going to play.  Allvin also said that they like Juulson so likely they have Hronek, Myers and Juulson on the right barring some very fortunate circumstance.

Bear looked like a good fit but of course, they have to play the odds and based on his injury and likely rehab, they can't count on Baer even though they like him.  Hard call but you have to like Allvin's pragmatism.

On the left, the have Hughes, Soucy and Cole which will be just fine.

Over all, the D is much better than last year

This is a short term solution and the D will be much better.  They're going step-wise and that is ok by me.  Next year will be another step.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Could contain: Bag, Hockey, Ice Hockey, Ice Hockey Stick, Rink, Skating, Sport, E-scooter, Transportation, Vehicle

If i have to watch his stupid hockey plays and lame efforts at stopping forwards for another season i'm gonna puke! :sick:

Here’s a solution - just watch the Duncan Keith hit on repeat. It might make you feel somewhat better. 

If not, too bad. I’d rather the team have the requisite depth until we can replace him. I’ll send you a barf bag.

18 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

But seriously, Myers is here still because of the reason you suggest, they just don't have anybody better.  It's a question of availability and cap hit.  Allvin said himself that Myers was going to play.  Allvin also said that they like Juulson so likely they have Hronek, Myers and Juulson on the right barring some very fortunate circumstance.

Bear looked like a good fit but of course, they have to play the odds and based on his injury and likely rehab, they can't count on Baer even though they like him.  Hard call but you have to like Allvin's pragmatism.

This is a short term solution and the D will be much better.  They're going step-wise and that is ok by me.  Next year will be another step.

I think Juulsen is the wild card.  If he can play with Hughes, then we are set up pretty well.  Here's hoping...

• There it is 1

Would be nice to hurry it up, training camp is around the corner. The cap situation is tricky but Mikheyev could be thrown on LTIR to free up space for Pearson so you never know.

We look really set though, don't think we need anymore forwards, with Suter and Blueger as well as hopefully Podz and Hogs we're really full up, unless we somehow move Beau or Garland, and of course a Myers trade would be nice but these are all big contracts to move and I fear we'll end up paying for it somehow.

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nope. Myers needs to go. Juulsson and Woo are better. Cleanse the Benning :picard: from this club. 

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think Juulsen is the wild card.  If he can play with Hughes, then we are set up pretty well.  Here's hoping...

This. I don't think people appreciate just how well Juulsen seems to fit with Hughes. It's one of those things that shouldn't work, but somehow does (kind of like Burr with the Sedins). Physical and quick dman that seems to thrive alongside a PMD like Quinn. It's worth another extended look, especially with Bear being out for 4 more months.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

I think it's a pretty safe bet that one of Cole/Soucy ends up playing right side with Hughes. The other with Hronek. Myers on the third pair (likely with Irwin/Wolanin).

Juulsen, if he makes the club, is likely #7/8 D (along with Irwin/Wolanin). And there for injuries/replace Myers should a trade develop. Though I'd imagine at some point if we move Myers/have injuries, we'll also sign Bear when he's healthy.