The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] VAN - NSH

2 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I don't like losing Karlsson plus a 4th, but this seems like the type of deal we might have to make. A deal that looks like a loss initially, but gets us under the cap and has some benefit long term. 

Yeah, I started with a 1 for 1 trade, but thought we'd need to add.  This seems painful enough to be realistic.

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Ted Lasso said:

Yeah, I started with a 1 for 1 trade, but thought we'd need to add.  This seems painful enough to be realistic.

This is a solid trade, Ted.  Trenin reminds me of Frederic (Boston), but doesn't have the offensive

potential.  He would be an awesome addition to our team's bottom 6.

Peeps need to remember that the Canucks also get the remainder of Beau's cap space (2.4m), so

it really is a sweet deal.  Nashville can use Beau's offensive game, as well as his routinely healthy

season.  It's hard to say where the Preds are going with this team, but Beau would benefit

from being on their top line.  Forsberg - Novak - Beau

Nashville get Beau + Karlsson + 4th    Nucks are awash with top RWs; Karlsson is yet another RW,

who is only waiver exempt for this season.  NJ 4th will likely be at the late end of the round.

Canucks get Trenin + $2.m cap savings. 

Good job Ted.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

@Ted Lasso He was good enough to attract my attention and draft him into my fantasy pool.

Could contain: Scoreboard, Adult, Male, Man, Person, People, Text, Electronics, Screen

Thanks @Bob.Loblaw - 99% on the PK looks promising (admittedly, I'm still learning how to interpret these cards).  Anything else stand out to you?

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

This is a solid trade, Ted.  Trenin reminds me of Frederic (Boston), but doesn't have the offensive

potential.  He would be an awesome addition to our team's bottom 6.

Peeps need to remember that the Canucks also get the remainder of Beau's cap space (2.4m), so

it really is a sweet deal.  Nashville can use Beau's offensive game, as well as his routinely healthy

season.  It's hard to say where the Preds are going with this team, but Beau would benefit

from being on their top line.  Forsberg - Novak - Beau

Nashville get Beau + Karlsson + 4th    Nucks are awash with top RWs; Karlsson is yet another RW,

who is only waiver exempt for this season.  NJ 4th will likely be at the late end of the round.

Canucks get Trenin + $2.m cap savings. 

Good job Ted.

Cheers Higgy

5 hours ago, Ted Lasso said:

To Nashville: Anthony Beauvillier, 2024 4th (NJD), Linus Karlsson

Predators were bottom six in offense last season (before trading Johanssen and Duchene), averaging 2.7 goals per game.

They receive the best player in the trade, at the cost of ~$2.4M (of their remaining $7.9M) cap space. He’s young enough to re-sign and support the rebuild if he fits well. If not, he can return a higher pick at the TDL, as a proven playoff performer, to support the rebuild.

They receive a mid-round pick and a near-NHL-ready prospect, to balance the value of cap space.

To Vancouver: Yakov Trenin

Canucks swap a middle six, skilled winger for a grittier, bottom 6 player PK'er , and $2.4M in cap space. Trenin adds size (6’2” 201 lbs) and toughness we’re missing and is the same age as Beau (26). He’s signed for one more year at $1.7M.

SCOUTING REPORT

The Russian forward is as tough as nails and will drop the gloves with anyone. More than just a fourth-line scrapper, he has patience, vision and good playmaking skills. Plays well without the puck. Is still learning when to pass and when to take the shot himself. Can play either wing or center and is a solid penalty killer.

Long Range Potential: Big, tough two-way forward.

“One player on the Nashville Predators who doesn’t get nearly the amount of praise that he deserves for how important he is to the team is Yakov TreninBeing primarily a depth role player who plays hard minutes on the penalty kill, Trenin can sometimes be easily overlooked in the box score. However, if you watch the games closely, you’ll quickly discover just how vital Trenin is to this team and how it operates.

Trenin is the prototypical high-motor player that makes the most of every second he logs on the ice. He only gets an average of 14:08 of ice time per game, but still manages a lot of shots. He is sixth on the Predators in shots on goal with 80. He is on pace to set a career high in that category. The biggest attribute from Trenin is obviously his role on the penalty kill. A part of the team that has become a strength and calling card for the team. They commit a lot of penalties, but more and more they’re showing that they can be called upon to kill off some big penalties in critical moments. Trenin is never shy about laying out a big hit, either. He’s sixth on the team in hits with 97. He uses his power forward abilities to pressure puck handlers and often times creates scoring rushes of his own by powering his way up the ice like a bull in a china shop.”

Would Nashville entertain this?

Would you be happy with this for the Canucks?

@Bob.Loblaw appreciate any insight on his advanced stats - especially the PK

I like this if we couldn't get Cole Smith, Trenin would be a great target. I think they win this trade but we get the capspace we need and a more balanced roster. 

thumbs up from me. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ted Lasso said:

To Nashville: Anthony Beauvillier, 2024 4th (NJD), Linus Karlsson

Predators were bottom six in offense last season (before trading Johanssen and Duchene), averaging 2.7 goals per game.

They receive the best player in the trade, at the cost of ~$2.4M (of their remaining $7.9M) cap space. He’s young enough to re-sign and support the rebuild if he fits well. If not, he can return a higher pick at the TDL, as a proven playoff performer, to support the rebuild.

They receive a mid-round pick and a near-NHL-ready prospect, to balance the value of cap space.

To Vancouver: Yakov Trenin

Canucks swap a middle six, skilled winger for a grittier, bottom 6 player PK'er , and $2.4M in cap space. Trenin adds size (6’2” 201 lbs) and toughness we’re missing and is the same age as Beau (26). He’s signed for one more year at $1.7M.

SCOUTING REPORT

The Russian forward is as tough as nails and will drop the gloves with anyone. More than just a fourth-line scrapper, he has patience, vision and good playmaking skills. Plays well without the puck. Is still learning when to pass and when to take the shot himself. Can play either wing or center and is a solid penalty killer.

Long Range Potential: Big, tough two-way forward.

“One player on the Nashville Predators who doesn’t get nearly the amount of praise that he deserves for how important he is to the team is Yakov TreninBeing primarily a depth role player who plays hard minutes on the penalty kill, Trenin can sometimes be easily overlooked in the box score. However, if you watch the games closely, you’ll quickly discover just how vital Trenin is to this team and how it operates.

Trenin is the prototypical high-motor player that makes the most of every second he logs on the ice. He only gets an average of 14:08 of ice time per game, but still manages a lot of shots. He is sixth on the Predators in shots on goal with 80. He is on pace to set a career high in that category. The biggest attribute from Trenin is obviously his role on the penalty kill. A part of the team that has become a strength and calling card for the team. They commit a lot of penalties, but more and more they’re showing that they can be called upon to kill off some big penalties in critical moments. Trenin is never shy about laying out a big hit, either. He’s sixth on the team in hits with 97. He uses his power forward abilities to pressure puck handlers and often times creates scoring rushes of his own by powering his way up the ice like a bull in a china shop.”

Would Nashville entertain this?

Would you be happy with this for the Canucks?

@Bob.Loblaw appreciate any insight on his advanced stats - especially the PK

I could go for this.

• Cheers 1

Good proposal. I think the value is fair and I like it from VAN perspective. Hard to get a handle on exactly what NSH are looking for, seem to be doing a mini rebuild, but I think adding some futures helps them go ahead with this deal. Trenin might be off their roster by next season anyway.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Lines would probably look like

Kuz - Pete - Mikheyev 

Pearson/Hogs - Miller - Boeser 

Podz/Trenin - Suter - Garland 

Joshua - Blueger - Trenin/Podz

Trenin would definitely make us a grittier team for sure. 

I like those lines with three bigger bodies in the bottom six. Maybe Trenin can mentor Podz how to PK, and hit / stick up for himself.

PK1 - win the draw, clear the zone, deny the next entry

Blueger - Mikheyev 

Cole - Hronek

PK2 - change after a clear, check the opponents second PP unit 

Suter - Trenin

Soucy - Juulsen/Myers

PK3 - last 20 s 

Miller - Petey

Hughes - Hronek