The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks name Quinn Hughes as captain

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

He just makes the most sense for so many reasons.  Idk how to say this without offending someone so I'll just say it. QH hasn't (to my knowledge) slowly sulked his way off the ice and then turned around later and freaked out at the backup goalie when they didn't get off the ice fast enough (due to confusion not attitude)

In JT Miller, I see similar qualities as Jovo and Bieksa.  Were they not also leaders? This team absolutely made the right call!

I couldn't see Kesler as a "C" (though he never took a night off even when a playoff spot was already clinched).  Bieksa I think had the right temperament to be a "C".  But that is just my opinion.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, tas said:

it's in fact the least human and most animal thing about us. it's simian. reducing ourselves to chimps. 

It's evolution is team sports, a form of tribalism, safer battles than wars to wage against each other. 

You know, not all fighters are the insults you use...meatheads, chimps.

Just like, not all none fighters are ...pansies, wussies.

I am sure you can make your points without using insults. 

However, in my opinion, being compared to chimps isn't a reduction to me. We are just naked apes ourselves. Evil, hating, smart apes, that are filled with conflict and are killing the planet we walk on. We should hope we could be as gentle as those chimps. 

I suppose you are against body checks too? legal bodychecks are the leading cause of concussions.

I have seen body checks break backs, necks, legs, you name it...they even end careers. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • There it is 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It's evolution is team sports, a form of tribalism, safer battles than wars to wage against each other. 

You know, not all fighters are the insults you use...meatheads, chimps.

Just like, not all none fighters are ...pansies, wussies.

I am sure you can make your points without using insults. 

However, in my opinion, being compared to chimps isn't a reduction to me. We are just naked apes ourselves. Evil, hating, smart apes, that are filled with conflict and are killing the planet we walk on. We should hope we could be as gentle as those chimps. 

I suppose you are against body checks too? legal bodychecks are the leading cause of concussions.

I have seen body checks break backs, necks, legs, you name it...they even end careers. 

I see no reason to bring Alflives into this discussion.:mad:

:ph34r:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

The blatant disrespect. How could you ever trust a player that would disrespect his fans so intensely by showing respect to the opposition or enjoying the game of hockey. The gall of it all, this is a job, not something that they are to enjoy.

It gets worse...

I am so sorry to inform everyone but I did some research and...damn, I dont want to even tell you.

Ok, I have seen Demko talk with the other team goalies, at the redline before the game is even started!

Right out in the open, stretching away, yapping to the enemy.

Our Demko! maybe the most important position on the team. 

My god we're screwed with all these turncoats. 

• Haha 3
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It gets worse...

I am so sorry to inform everyone but I did some research and...damn, I dont want to even tell you.

Ok, I have seen Demko talk with the other team goalies, at the redline before the game is even started!

Oh you didn’t know…?

Fin and Gritty have been heavily involved together in a summer romance! Let’s just hope that ends before puck drop. Unless they’re truly happy of course 

Edited by RWJC
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Oh you didn’t know…?

Fin and Gritty have been heavily involved together in a summer romance! Let’s just hope that ends before puck drop. Unless they’re truly happy of course 

Oh man, no!

Fin is gonna catch gonorrhea from that slob.

I mean if their happy then they have my blessing but come on Fin, you could do better. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

No, you turn other heads into meat. Get it right.

Fighting is our oldest form of competition. It's very human. 

It will one day be removed from nhl hockey but no need for you to be calling all pugilists names. But if you do, make sure you keep it to the internet for health reasons. 

Yes, of course. Kevin Bieksa, highly educated meathead seems to have done alright for himself.

Perhaps the poster you are responding to feels that if players go to the sit for 2 or 5 minutes in your safe place space would be a better way to setlle a testosterone fuelled  score.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

As you know, you stole my bff Miller.

Your honour, I present to you exhibit A when Ms. Deb & Mr. Miller became bff's on the day of his arrival:

377787353_10160502887615549_324699210937

376754526_10160502873340549_504574676268

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Wait.

Quinn once smiled at a friend on the ice?

Strip him! bastard. Useless...how could we make such a mistake...we'll never win!

Now, my other bff, don't make me drop the gloves here and fight you.

It's ok to smile at a friend:

1. during warm ups

2. after your team kicks his team's ass and their bus is pulling out of the parkade

3. when you're both retired and you're sitting back talking about the time you kicked his ass

It's NOT ok to smile at a friend:

1. when your team is engaged in a heated scrum and he plays for the opposition

It is mandatory that you punch him in the face in that situation. Then smile at him.

Cheers 

PS (I also love Huggy...but my captain will always be Miller)

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It gets worse...

Season 5 What GIF by The Office

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

He just makes the most sense for so many reasons.  Idk how to say this without offending someone so I'll just say it. QH hasn't (to my knowledge) slowly sulked his way off the ice and then turned around later and freaked out at the backup goalie when they didn't get off the ice fast enough (due to confusion not attitude)

In JT Miller, I see similar qualities as Jovo and Bieksa.  Were they not also leaders? This team absolutely made the right call!

JT is noting like Jovo or Bieksa.  Those guys would never have thrown their teammates under the bus or given up on any play, ever.  

I like JT, but lets stop pretending like hes some kind of top dog alpha just because hes cranky and moody.  

• Wat 1

24 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It gets worse...

Me too.

That's within the bylaws and not when the game is in progress.

3 hours ago, Playoff Beered said:

Like them or not the Tkachuk's and Hughes"s all grew up together and are all good friends, I've heard they all have a no fighting amongst themselves agreement.

That's ridiculous if it's true.

If one of them spears Petey in the groin...I expect a fight. From whoever's in the vicinity.

Pinky swears don't belong in hockey.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1