The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] forum closure

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

Got an e-mail saying my 5 log in attempts failed, and asking if I want to change my password for greater security. How can I change my password if it doesn't recognize my current password? :unsure: 

I still have to set my roster for the CDCGFL by the end of the month. I guess I better do that in the CDC thread before it closes?

13 minutes ago, Nucker 67 said:

Got an e-mail saying my 5 log in attempts failed, and asking if I want to change my password for greater security. How can I change my password if it doesn't recognize my current password? :unsure: 

I still have to set my roster for the CDCGFL by the end of the month. I guess I better do that in the CDC thread before it closes?

Check your email :)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

Damn, can't access the new URL up at work.. my company has it blocked as being unsafe.

Guess I won't be on there half the time.

Sorry about that - the domain is secured so hopefully it passes whatever ridiculous criteria they have soon.

• Like 1

Wow! 

It’s like standing around watching someone with a match in hand ready to set fire to a stack of my letters, diaries & journals.,

My/our best rants, protestations & debates are here…but there are also tributes & love letters to my favorite all-time Canucks & farewells to those who have departed. 

Maybe it’s being shut down for things like: our anti-Messier stance, in stating it’s such a travesty that he’s become the poster-captain for the NHL, in that farcical modern-day Mark Messier Leadership Award. He he virtually ghosted Vancouver fans while here. That unrepentant league-enabled headhunter regularly deployed elbows on the 

league’s top-stars, and they ALL went apparently unpunished. This was his most notorious claim to fame & he should have been vilified for it - like in any other major-league professional sport in the world. 

Sure, we’ve embraced some harsh opinions & criticized the actions, ethics & possible motivations of players like Hodgson, Keith, Lucic, Marchand, (Steve) Moore, Virtanen & others, and to this day, I will still call to task with scorn NHL figures like:  Bettman, (Jeremy) Jacobs, (Colin) Campbell, (Brian) Burke & former/current referees like: Auger, Devorski, O’Halloran, Sutherland & O’Rourke. 

^These folks, at one time or another, have crapped upon their professional reputations via entitlements. vindictive power-mongerings or a lack of integrity… which caused this long-suffering Vancouver Canucks franchise & their loyal fan-base staggering hardships. When something smells & gets presented to you upon a platter…you call it out!  You make the effort to prevent that-meal from being devoured! It threatens every participant of this grand ‘ol party, by hurting the quality, integrity & veracity of the product on the ice & the spectacle we all love!  

Free speech in society has never been more fiery or unbridled…& the political consequences of that are now very palatable & real. 

With Rupert Murdoch & the Fox News media empire paying out billions in settlements to wronged entities affected by their unsubstantiated claims & lies, circulated & held up by hosts as truth,..well, perhaps we shouldn’t be all that surprised at the pendulum swinging in the other direction & more towards additional censorship, by what’s left of these team-managed platforms. 

I have no regrets, standing by all of my opinionated & researched statements. It’s been a pleasure sharing news & my thoughts with fellow-members on this forum,  Our discussion circles or spheres of influence may grow smaller,…but waiting 50+ years to witness this team hoist the SCup & having defended them & their interests with our words for 20+ years … I’m sure few of us will be easily dispersed or silenced. 

See ya out there in restaurants & bars, on the streets, lining up outside of hockey venues, in parking lots, airports or while settling into the cheap seats at Roger’s arena with a burger & fries! See ya on the other side,..on a forum they cannot silence or close down!  

We’re still here, there & everywhere! We are ALL Canucks!

Cheers & skal!! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

Having the new Fan Forum is still a win for the Canucks owner with this site being closed, they still have their fans, going to games, buying food and merchandise and keeping interest in the Canucks on the new forum (even though they stated 500 regular posters, many have posted they just came to visit and not post) I think Canucks will be pleased Ribs and SN stepped up as much as we are,

Good Bye CDC, it was entertaining while it was here, instead of being mad of its closing, I will appreciate that i had a place to come too and will now just go in a different door to do the same at https://www.forumcanucks.com

Hope to see you exchange ideas over there