The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFF members leaving CDC behind like

Rate this topic

Coconuts

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I like the new forum well enough, but I have to say, I don't like the crassness and language there.  Not that I'm a saint because I can cuss with the best of them, but I find it's a little more hostile there

Could be that it'll smooth over idk, sometimes people get testy about opinions and they don't have to filter themselves as much I suppose 

I haven't noticed it as much, just a bit more butting of heads, I saw Stealth step in and say no personal attacks the other day but that'd happen here sometimes too

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I like the new forum well enough, but I have to say, I don't like the crassness and language there.  Not that I'm a saint because I can cuss with the best of them, but I find it's a little more hostile there

It is a phase of rebellion. The shackles are off and know we don't have to make nice with ownership. So its rather liberating. Once the pain is gone. It will settle down.

I feel like I'm on a damage control party on a stricken warship and I'm on board looking for survivors before she finally sinks. You were a good ship HMCS CDC.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • elephant 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It is a phase of rebellion. The shackles are off and know we don't have to make nice with ownership. So its rather liberating. Once the pain is gone. It will settle down.

I feel like I'm on a damage control party on a stricken warship and I'm on board looking for survivors before she finally sinks. You were a good ship HMCS CDC.

I agree and it also is partly because all the people I had on ignore here are over there and I haven't started ignoring en masse

• elephant 1

15 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

It's exactly this, I fit this description to a "t", and I think it's pretty obvious that I've now settled down.  :ph34r:

At this stage, it's not even the survivors on the ship, it's the people who are adrift in the debris with the ship long since submerged.  Seems like many of the comments of "new" old users at CFF are people who found out either by word of mouth or on the news, and then came over here to validate, followed by a migration there (sometimes with some guidance by us, sometimes through trial and error).

Leonardo Dicaprio Love GIF by Michael Bublé

On 10/7/2023 at 9:40 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

The thing is, without CDC, I have very little reason to look at the official Canucks website.  Once they realize that their traffic is way down, they'll probably keep CDC.  That's what my crystal ball says.  They make a certain amount of money from website traffic I'm sure.  Why throw a revenue stream away unnecessarily?  However small it may be.   Advertisers won't want to pay as much if traffic falls off significantly.  CDC is essentially volunteer fan operated and costs them very little to run.

My 2 cents

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Only 2 reasons I'm on here.

- I can log on here at work.

- To try to see if Vintage will leave the bridge.

I'm just here to shitpost, but I guess I'm also kinda here so Vintage isn't alone in an empty forum