The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

So how about some posts with favorite albums guys?  So I am 8 or ten as life hits the mid 70's. My best friend James has older brothers who had great music. I received this album for Christmas one year.  

Carlos had an almost mystical ability, yoga like, to twist your mind and body in different directions. Melt into delirium, excite your soul, calm your thoughts. Brilliant!  

Invest 45 minutes and listen to this. It will make your day!

• Like 1
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:56 AM, RWMc1 said:

Used to be my favourite from that album. First time I heard this album I got so drunk that I ended up crawling up my driveway because I couldn't walk straight. My mom and dad were not impressed. I blame my brother-in-law who bought the album and fed me the booze as we listened to it for the first time. I remember being amazed by the guitar playing.

Here we go! Automatic for the People was like that Van Halen one album for me RWC.  A day of three after it came out, I'm due for a Whistler weekend bonus from my company. I'm supposed to work Friday. My boss Sean pulls up in is Toyota Fore runner. Says trucjk work, dyu have your stuff for Whistler? I was packed to leave at the end of the day anyway. Dyu got any music he says?

I jump in & we headed up Highway 99. We got so high, and so drunk on the way.  I have no idea how we made it? And the trips down the hill when we did?  Whoah, we snuck in without a pass. Got caught out at the second lift and made a break down the hill to avoid getting kicked out.  The tumbles and falls saw us back at the Longhorn saloon when we hit the bottom anyway. And the skiing, oh my head, the next day was terror!

But we listened to AMFP pin to pin probably 4 times on the way up. My prized new CD. I love it to this day! 

19 minutes ago, gurn said: