The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Bingo - noticed since BXA has been back from his injury - that the Canucks have been on the skids. BXA is a cancer to this team and will get put on a barge and floated out to sea with Raymond, Mr. Dump & Run (Mahotra) and Lou - this summer. That will save us 16.314 Million next year. Imagine what we could do with that ????

Bingo - noticed since BXA has been back from his injury - that the Canucks have been on the skids. BXA is a cancer to this team and will get put on a barge and floated out to sea with Raymond, Mr. Dump & Run (Mahotra) and Lou - this summer. That will save us 16.314 Million next year. Imagine what we could do with that ????

RU STOOPID

ballard/hamhuis/malhotra and luuu were beasting in that ot pk. wow. i'm so pumped for this season even after the loss.

Finally seeing some hits from this season. Teams better keep their heads up or they are going to get run over.

Hamhuis is the only consistent thing the Canucks have.

Bieksa has always been one of our worst defensive players, if he didn't play with Hamhuis he'd probably be the worst minus player on the team. If he's not scoring big goals or making the PP work he better stop stuffing around in his own zone.

This guy has been caught with terrible positioning in the LA series already, often gliding either towards an already-defended forward leaving his man wide open or caught in no-man's land.

Bxa looks like he has been working out with the National swim team in the off season, you play the way you practise. ::D

I still support Bieksa I like the guy a lot, he has a lot of heart for this team, but yes he looked like he was swimming on that play, he does need to step up his game tonight, as does EVERY PLAYER ON THIS TEAM!

I still support Bieksa I like the guy a lot, he has a lot of heart for this team, but yes he looked like he was swimming on that play, he does need to step up his game tonight, as does EVERY PLAYER ON THIS TEAM!

The point is your highest paid D man should be playing like it.

Canucks make Bieksa their highest-paid defenceman

Postmedia News Jun 27, 2011 – 4:00 PM ET | Last Updated: Jun 27, 2011 9:32 PM ET

0519bieksa.jpg?w=620

Harry How/Getty Images

Kevin Bieksa of the Vancouver Canucks prepares to throw a punch at Patrick Marleau of the San Jose Sharks.

By Jason Botchford

VANCOUVER — When Kevin Bieksa is paired with Dan Hamhuis, it creates one of the best all-purpose pairing the Vancouver Canucks have had in a long time.

As much as possible, the Canucks need these two together. They’re going to get it.

Bieksa agreed to a five-year, US$23-million extension that pays him US$4.6-million a year, and has a no-trade clause which will finally take him off the trade block he was so often rumoured to be on.

His salary is slightly north of the of US$4.5-million annual cap hit on Hamhuis’ contract. Not bad, if you consider the Canucks will be lopping off a reasonable cut of US$9.1-million off their cap room for two players who didn’t look out of place when compared to the league’s foremost defensive pairings during the post-season.

The point is your highest paid D man should be playing like it.

Canucks make Bieksa their highest-paid defenceman

Postmedia News Jun 27, 2011 – 4:00 PM ET | Last Updated: Jun 27, 2011 9:32 PM ET

0519bieksa.jpg?w=620

Harry How/Getty Images

Kevin Bieksa of the Vancouver Canucks prepares to throw a punch at Patrick Marleau of the San Jose Sharks.

By Jason Botchford

VANCOUVER — When Kevin Bieksa is paired with Dan Hamhuis, it creates one of the best all-purpose pairing the Vancouver Canucks have had in a long time.

As much as possible, the Canucks need these two together. They’re going to get it.

Bieksa agreed to a five-year, US$23-million extension that pays him US$4.6-million a year, and has a no-trade clause which will finally take him off the trade block he was so often rumoured to be on.

His salary is slightly north of the of US$4.5-million annual cap hit on Hamhuis’ contract. Not bad, if you consider the Canucks will be lopping off a reasonable cut of US$9.1-million off their cap room for two players who didn’t look out of place when compared to the league’s foremost defensive pairings during the post-season.

Not only the biggest cap hit among the D, but he takes home the most dough on the team this year at SEVEN million dollars in his front loaded, 5 yr 4.6 cap hit, contract.

But I don't begrudge him the money, IMO. It's his 5 yr NTC that is insane.

Hmm, No Bxa at practice today.

Is Bxa off due to an upper body injury? I heard he was suffering from brain fart itis.

I must say I appreciated his goal in game 4. Some say it was a fluke. I think it was divine hockey god intervention. Did you notice how he shot it pretty much from a kneeling position, I suspect he was praying while shooting, great job of multi tasking.

:towel:Go Nucks Go

We'll see how far the Canucks go this year without Ehrhoff. Guaranteed they don't make it past the second round unless they add another defenseman on the team.

Guaranteed?

Just making sure we're seriously serious about this guarantee.

Guess that guarantee worked out :)

Archived