The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Further proof of poor character.

You have proof of his character? He just might have his reasons for being happy to get out of this debacle. I'm waiting to see, just how much this management team puts back into high calibre players when the dust is settled. If NOT, the sooner that Lenarduzzi is gone, the better. They must think the fans of this city are blind to see what's going on.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

You have proof of his character? He just might have his reasons for being happy to get out of this debacle. I'm waiting to see, just how much this management team puts back into high calibre players when the dust is settled. If NOT, the sooner that Lenarduzzi is gone, the better. They must think the fans of this city are blind to see what's going on.

The huge amount of stupid yellow and red cards this jerk got while playing is a indicator of poor character/over ego and clearly showed he put himself before the team on way too many occasions.

The whining after Robbo was fired, the trade demand, and his twit after being traded show this man to be more of a  child than an adult.

No big loss, despite his on field play.

• Cheers 1

I don't see how you can not lay this mess at the feet of Lenarduzzi. Are we to believe that Waston was upset with ownership? Robinson? Robbo's gone, so that can't be it.

It narrows it down quite a bit for me and I can't help remembering how Lenarduzzi treated Dominic Mobilio years ago....

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't see how you can not lay this mess at the feet of Lenarduzzi. Are we to believe that Waston was upset with ownership? Robinson? Robbo's gone, so that can't be it.

It narrows it down quite a bit for me and I can't help remembering how Lenarduzzi treated Dominic Mobilio years ago....

Team has been going down hill since the waterfront stadium got turned down.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, gurn said:

Team has been going down hill since the waterfront stadium got turned down.

This exactly.  It's almost like the owner wants to relocate?

That waterfront stadium was going to be a grass pitch too.  Maybe top end talent doesn't want to play on turf?  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Explain please.  

27 minutes ago, gurn said:

The huge amount of stupid yellow and red cards this jerk got while playing is a indicator of poor character/over ego and clearly showed he put himself before the team on way too many occasions.

The whining after Robbo was fired, the trade demand, and his twit after being traded show this man to be more of a  child than an adult.

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2018 at 12:41 PM, Alflives said:

This exactly.  It's almost like the owner wants to relocate?

That waterfront stadium was going to be a grass pitch too.  Maybe top end talent doesn't want to play on turf?  

This right here! Doesn’t matter if the owners will actually fork out the dough for more talented players but you can’t do that when nobody wants to ruin their knees on the turf we have. We are essentially stuck with this situation unless they can bring in grass to BC place. Sure it would be a headache to maintain but I look at what the Arizona Cardinals do with their grass is they roll it out whenever they have a game and have a place to put it when it’s done so the grass doesn’t get killed by the Arizona heat and sun. But yes that waterfront stadium would fix many of our problems if it went through. It would be a gem of the league with the water looking out to the north shore mountains. But we went with a hole in the roof renovation of the stadium that expo 86 built instead. And we never ever use the upper bowl.

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 12:17 PM, gurn said:

Are you serious?  He just happens to have a bad rep from his first couple of seasons, thus the refs are more willing to card him for plays other defenders make without repercussion.  

His is sticking up for his former coach, some would say that is true loyalty.  The way Robbo was booted with a few games left was definitely a poor decision no matter the situation.  It would be like firing Travis Green with 10 games left on the schedule.... like seriously?

I do agree that he should have kept more internally, but considering that the Whitecaps are a tire fire right now, I'm surprised anyone would want to stay within the organization.  

14 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Are you serious?  He just happens to have a bad rep from his first couple of seasons, thus the refs are more willing to card him for plays other defenders make without repercussion.  

His is sticking up for his former coach, some would say that is true loyalty.  The way Robbo was booted with a few games left was definitely a poor decision no matter the situation.  It would be like firing Travis Green with 10 games left on the schedule.... like seriously?

I do agree that he should have kept more internally, but considering that the Whitecaps are a tire fire right now, I'm surprised anyone would want to stay within the organization.  

I agree with a lot of this. I do believe that KW rarely got the benefit of the doubt, partially because of his size and partially because of reputation and I too thought the firing of Robbo was poorly done. It's fine to change things up, but I think the timing was poorly thought out and had the opposite of the desired effect. I was left shaking my head at Dalrymple's decision making almost every game.

Part of the GM's job is to know when the coach has "lost the room" and I feel the reactions of the players suggests that it wasn't the case with Robinson. He needed more talent to work with. The back end sucked ever since Parker left and the most consistent scoring threats were a kid and an old man. Robbo signs the players, but he has to have the resources to sign a competitive roster and that falls on management, IMO.

This team will never go anywhere until Lenarduzzi is kicked to the curb and an ownership group that actually cares about winning takes over.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

I find it funny that people are criticizing Bobby. He isn't the problem. You could have Gissuepe Marotta as the the CEO and they still wouldn't win because ownership won't invest in the team.

He's not the only problem, he's one of many. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

I find it funny that people are criticizing Bobby. He isn't the problem. You could have Gissuepe Marotta as the the CEO and they still wouldn't win because ownership won't invest in the team.

He's part of the problem, and I think one of the reasons why this team flounders like it does. Thankfully, and hopefully the South American experiment is over. When the League is critical of VWFC and their spending habits, that's all on ownership and management. Right now, they can do diddly squat about the turf and the stadium.