The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

3 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Not that it's going to matter to Whitecaps' fans any time soon.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Not that it's going to matter to Whitecaps' fans any time soon.....

The Caps may not have many fans left if they don't improve the team though?  I wonder if the owner would consider building a proper pitch (20 to 30 thousand seats) in a different spot than downtown?  

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Caps may not have many fans left if they don't improve the team though?  I wonder if the owner would consider building a proper pitch (20 to 30 thousand seats) in a different spot than downtown?  

TBH, Alf, I stopped paying attention after the NIMBYs scuttled the Waterfront Stadium plan.

I don't know much about the current ownership (other than Steve Nash) but if I was them, I'd be looking into a new stadium with a grass pitch, ASAP.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 3:12 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

TBH, Alf, I stopped paying attention after the NIMBYs scuttled the Waterfront Stadium plan.

I don't know much about the current ownership (other than Steve Nash) but if I was them, I'd be looking into a new stadium with a grass pitch, ASAP.

Nash is a minnow in the ownership compared to the other guys. Alex Kerfoot's dad is the majority owner and all he cares about is $$$ coming in. He couldn't care less about attendance or fan happiness or how the team performs. With the TV rights and expansion fees and all that, he's raking it in. 

28 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Nash is a minnow in the ownership compared to the other guys. Alex Kerfoot's dad is the majority owner and all he cares about is $$$ coming in. He couldn't care less about attendance or fan happiness or how the team performs. With the TV rights and expansion fees and all that, he's raking it in. 

I thought Kerfoot sold the team. Wiki shows the owners as Stephen Luczo, Jeff Mallet and Nash.

42 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I thought Kerfoot sold the team. Wiki shows the owners as Stephen Luczo, Jeff Mallet and Nash.

Ownership[edit]

Vancouver Whitecaps FC is owned by a group of four investors; Greg Kerfoot, Steve Luczo, Jeff Mallett, and Steve Nash.[67] The group has a collective net worth over $2 billion.[68] Kerfoot has been the majority owner of the Whitecaps since 2002, when he saved the club from contraction after previous owner David Stadnyk left the club, selling it to United Soccer Leagues.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

Stumbled across this image of the Caps 2019 Retro Kit to celebrate their 10th anniversary in MLS.  I love it.

God I hope the pants are blue.

DwXgM0bVAAAb-Vd.jpg

Looks sharp and a hell of a lot better then what management is mustering up our roster on the pitch... 3 weeks until they get ready for training camp and haven’t heard of any signings,trades nada! 

19 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Looks sharp and a hell of a lot better then what management is mustering up our roster on the pitch... 3 weeks until they get ready for training camp and haven’t heard of any signings,trades nada! 

Since we're on CDC, the Whitecaps are in a rebuild...or is that a retool. 

Whatever. At least the players they'll trot out to resemble an MLS team will look good out there this season.

• Cheers 1

Alphonso Davies has started his Bayern career  with an appearance in an exhibition game:

https://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2019/01/13/alphonso-davies-shows-attacking-flair-bayern-munich-debut

Also, Sports Illustrated has a piece on his new start:

https://tinyurl.com/y7zhv8uz

Bayern plays tomorrow (Friday) against Hoffenheim.  The game is on Sportsnet at 11:30 am.  No guarantee that Davies will make an appearance but I think I might give it a look.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:29 PM, coastal.view said:

it is not worth investing in this team's players

since none will be here for any notable period of time anymore

Heh, our cheap owners themselves won’t invest in the team.  Whatever one thinks of the Canucks owners, at least they’re willing to pour money back into the team.  I figure the Whitecaps owners must be related to the Sens owner (Melnyk)

On 1/17/2019 at 8:21 PM, UnkNuk said:

Bayern plays tomorrow (Friday) against Hoffenheim.  The game is on Sportsnet at 11:30 am.  No guarantee that Davies will make an appearance but I think I might give it a look.

False alarm.  Davies dressed but didn't get off the bench.

They should have held on to Davies for an extra year... give the fans a star player for an extra year... 

they could have sold him for even more. 30 million... or at least that's what I did in Fifa 19 career mode lol...

Honestly I think the team is being run poorly and on a budget... they aren't spending properly. Why is Toronto buying big ticket stars and Vancouver isn't?

The true Whitecaps kit and one of the BEST sports uniforms in Vancouver and North American sports history is back. Keep it permanently with little updates every now and then. Not crazy about the red numbers because they were bad playoff luck from '80 to '84 but nevertheless, the kits look great. Keep the hoop permanently.

Great job Whitecaps! Now go sign players worthy of wearing the kit.

DxxJRjGV4AA51AU.jpeg.jpg