The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Robinson is different than Rennie,,he is strictly youth..OBrien, Reo-Coker and Miller will have to fight for minutes which means there will be alot more losses in the future, but I guess you have to play the kids.

That might pay a lot of dividends later in the season, and next year too.

I can't wait to see Steven Beitashour play. He is a really good player, great job Whitecaps for acquiring him. Steven will also play for Iran's National soccer team in the World cup and his experience at the international level in the world cup stage could be really valuable when comes back to the White Caps. I can really see him being a great impact player for the team.

Kenny Miller and the Whitecaps have matually terminated the remainder of his contract. Too bad.

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=451231

Kind of strange timing with Mattocks going down with that hamstring. (at least that's what it looked like) KM must not have been happy coming off the bench and Robinson likely decided to stick with the youth movement...

I think the Caps really need a veteran striker. Fernandez, Mezquida, Mattocks and Manneh are all under 24. Inexperienced strikers could be the downfall of the team this year.

And if the Caps could get a veteran striker who's really dangerous, they could be a scoring machine with the potential that inheres in those young strikers.

Pretty good showing by a group of young and inexperienced guys against a Toronto squad that fielded all 3 of their DP's. I really liked Bryce Alderson out there. Salgado after shaking off some initial rust really showed some good play on the attacking end of thing. That away goal is really important.

• Upvote 1

Don't know if many people here watched tonight's game but they fielded a squad with an average age of 21.7 yrs old.. which was strongly increased by reo Coker.

somehow managed a 2-1 loss, but it was the most impressive loss I've ever seen.