The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

wouldn't mind it at all if MG drafted some quick, FEISTY smaller guys (e.g. the Brian Gionta's, Martin St. Louis', David Desharnais', Mike Cammalleri's, Nathan Gerbe's and Tyler Ennis') who have definitely have talent, speed to burn, and most important the aggression, desire and ability to drive hard to the net and score. It's guys like these who should go well with the big players who were drafted recently (given that they develop). In the end, it's mostly guys with skills AND grit/ toughness that can go far.

EDIT: I'm not sure if there are those types of guys in this draft, the heart, talent, wheels and desire to compete at high levels and win. Who would be similar guys in this year's draft?

Dalton Thrower recently ranked 30th in CSS final rankings for North American players. Which means, overall he is probably ranked as an early 2nd round player if you add in the European players into the Draft, or Henrik Samuleson. Apparently compared to the skill set of Cory Perry. If not I will be happy with Dalton Thrower. No one else really impresses me. Bunch of hit or miss guys. Thrower looks like a safe bet even if he does not live up to expectation, his toughness and grit can still help him make the NHL as a bottom six guy.

Galchenyuk is out the question unless he falls, which he wont. He probably be a top 3 pick if he wasn't injured.

Through some dark wizardry Filip Forsberg has dropped in the rankings to 7th or 8th overall. Tampa is picking one after that. If we could get Forsberg with Tampas pick then that would just be insane. Having Filip play with the Sedins and Kesler to learn from them would cause his development to explode. :D

Would love some more gritty type players and this draft is full of them

Colton Sissons RW Kelowna Rockets and Dalton Thrower D Saskatoon are up for my approval. Both very physical, play both ends of the ice, both display quality leadership skills and are character type players that you want on ur team.

Plus bonus both are from North Vancouver.

The Wolves beat the Oklahoma City Barons 3-0 on Saturday night. Bill Sweatt scored 2 goals, Darren Haydar the other. Eddie Lack was in net and made 29 saves for the shutout.

As mentioned, Nicklas Jensen skated in this game for the Wolves. He had no points and was even on the night.

Just an update. TSN has central scouting's final numbers.

http://www.tsn.ca/dr...ature/?id=62970

Sissons' has jumped to #14.

Thrower is #26th.

Scott Laughton #28th

Henrik Samuelsson is #75th (Meaning 2nd round possibly?)

There seems to be either centres or US d-men around the 30th spot.

Sleeper late round pick: Justin Hamonic, (D) Tri Cities, Had low point totals but good size and seems defensively responsible.

Good development choice long term. 140th or late 3rd round possibly 4th or 5th.

Am I correct that the Canucks have as picks?

1st Round

2nd Round

5th Round

6th Round

7th Round

I'm liking what I see in Henrik Samuelsson. He goes to the dirty areas to score.

Seems like he's got his Dad's fiestiness and worse yet his dirty habits.

I really want the Canucks to get Matia Marcantuoni in the second round. He was originally slated in the top 10, but fell due to injuries. He has unreal speed, drives the net hard and is good at both ends of the ice.

Bystrom/Thrower in the 1st

Marcantuoni in the 2nd

Ebert in the 3rd

Those are my picks

Does anyone know what the hell happened to Ryan Parent again...this guy like disappeared right off the face of the earth

all i remember was in december he was named to team Canada's spengler cup roster but since than i haven't heard a word of him in Chicago...did he even report back or is he just hurt again?

I think I remember hearing something about an injury, but that may not still be a factor in his playing time. It was worth a shot since he was a free player in return for another we didn't want, but it would have been nice to see him develop into at least a reliable 3rd pairing guy.

Archived