Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
b3.

Ludwig Blomstrand Talk

257 posts in this topic

The Allsvenskan is to the SEL what the AHL is to the NHL, so since the the SEL is a level down from the NHL, I'd say the Allsvenskan league is a bit of a step down from the AHL. I'm not sure how it would compare to the NCAA. College hockey is just a different beast altogether.

if only crap NHL teams could get relegated, then we'd be set :lol:

nationality doesn't matter. he plays physical. or so you can understand he plays "canadian".

Noooooooo, Please not another Swede. More Canadians!!!

This guy plays a more Canadian game than our good ol' Albertan fella Mason Raymond does.

Noooooooo, Please not another Swede. More Canadians!!!

So you're saying you wouldn't want another player that plays like Hansen on the team? :huh:

Team 1040 things this guy is a undrafted free agent. Lol

ahh 1040 the station I once listened to long long ago lol

ahh 1040 the station I once listened to long long ago lol

Apparently CKNW > Team 1040 now I'm hearing.

Signing official today:

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=660397

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks President & General Manager Michael D. Gillis announced today that the Canucks have signed forward Ludwig Blomstrand to an entry-level contract.

The 6’1”, 198 lbs. forward has played 44 games in the Allsevenkan league in Sweden in the 2012.13 season. He collected eight penalty minutes in 14 games with Djurgardens and19 points (13-6-19) in 30 games with Almtuna, ranking third in goals (13) scored for Almtuna.

The Uppsala, Sweden, native spent the 2011.12 season with Djurgardens JR. of the SuperElit J20 league, collecting 31 points (16-15-31) in 41 games, and Djurgarden of the Swedish Elite League, collecting one assist in 18 games.

Blomstrand was originally selected by Vancouver in the fourth round, 120th overall, in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

Vancouver Canucks President & General Manager Michael D. Gillis announced today that the Canucks have signed forward Ludwig Blomstrand to an entry-level contract.

<_<

So I guess he's going with Michael D. Gillis now. I would have gone with the GM formerly known as Mike Gillis, but I guess this works.

<_<

So I guess he's going with Michael D. Gillis now. I would have gone with the GM formerly known as Mike Gillis, but I guess this works.

hahah - that stuck out to me as well.

every prospect signing, the same thing, everyone loves him and hes going to pan out and be the next steal from a draft.

every prospect signing, the same thing, everyone loves him and hes going to pan out and be the next steal from a draft.

well that is the hope, they are just kids and signing a pro-contract is the first realization of their dream starting to come true. Everyone should hope that a kid can reach his potential and do what he loves to the best of his abilities. Not sure why anyone would debbie downer that but to each their own.

Any word on where Blomstrand is being assigned?

Any word on where Blomstrand is being assigned?

No official word - his ELC starts next season.

I *believe* he is going to sign a ATO with Chicago for the remainder of the season

He looks really, really good.

4:10 was swag

also, for the first 35 seconds he's #21

he got traded and is #23 for the rest of the vid.

he ended playing top line

Edited by Tom Sestito

I remember reading that he out-scored Filip Forsberg.....

Obviously Forsberg is 17 months younger and the Allsvenskan - but not something to ignore

Edited by Squeak

So the plan is for him to finish the season in North America?

Man, if that's true the Wolves are getting some serious reinforcements in the last little while. Jensen, Lain, Price and Blomstrand will make them much tougher to play against. If we can add Tommernes to the mix, it would be awesome.