Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

(Rumor) Mason Raymond drawing interest

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
94 replies to this topic

#61 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

:picard: Subban is only in his 2nd season, and has gotten 38 and 36 points in his first two seasons, much better than Edler's first two. Subban is already better than Edler defensively, and will be better offensively than Edler, at Edler's age. Edler is also a ufa next year. It's an underpayment from us.

Posted Image

Subban's 2nd season isn't much better than Edler's 2nd. They are similar defensively.

I always lol when people think potential>the real thing.

Montreal would not trade Subban for Edler. But we would not trade Edler for Subban.

If you ask other teams, believe it or not, there are some that would rather have Edler. His lack of on ice antics, and already being an established #1 (or at the worst, #2) make him a desirable asset. Whereas Subban's RFA status, age, and potential (although if you ask me, Edler still has room to grow) make him a desirable asset.

That trade is not worthy of a facepalm, and even though Montreal would probably not do it, it's not because Subban>Edler.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#62 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,536 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

Posted Image

Subban's 2nd season isn't much better than Edler's 2nd. They are similar defensively.

Montreal would not trade Subban for Edler. But we would not trade Edler for Subban.

If you ask other teams, believe it or not, there are some that would rather have Edler. His lack of on ice antics, and already being an established #1 (or at the worst, #2) make him a desirable asset. Whereas Subban's RFA status, age, and potential (although if you ask me, Edler still has room to grow) make him a desirable asset.

That trade is not worthy of a facepalm, and even though Montreal would probably not do it, it's not because Subban>Edler.

Posted Image

Edler is not anywhere near a #1 D, we don't have one on this team. Until he improves his defensive side of the game he is a #2 AT VERY BEST.
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#63 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Raymond won'r fetch you Subban, but just maybe, Raymond plus our first would fetch Tinordi....

i take that deal any day. lol.

tinordi will be as valuable as subban if his development continues the way it has. he has potential to be better than chara
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#64 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,048 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

Edler is not anywhere near a #1 D, we don't have one on this team. Until he improves his defensive side of the game he is a #2 AT VERY BEST.

I consider Hamhuis to quietly be a damn good #1 defenseman.
I wish everyone would stop trying to trade Edler. The Canucks would regret that. I take comfort in the doubt that Gillis would.
Why wouldn't there be interest in Raymond - Chiarelli is no idiot. CDC has this grass-is-always-greener way of perceiving Canucks players - other teams and their fans for the most part likely look at the roster and see a whole lot of talent they would love to poach. I find it laughable that people on here complain about our blueline, but are pining to add a pair of Leafs... Careful what you wish for.

#65 CIaude Giroux

CIaude Giroux

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:40 PM

Lol at all the views because of "Rayond drawing intrest"

i9o36Pr.jpg

#66 Grape

Grape

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

I can't see them giving up more than a 5th or a 4th.

Canuck fans don't value their players as much as other teams do, CDC could propose something like Raymond for a cond. 7th round pick, while other teams might be throwing in their superstars.

mj761l.jpg0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif  

Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#67 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

Raymond ballard first for malkin
Posted Image

#68 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

Raymond ballard first for malkin

throw in crosby and rights to lemieux if he ever returns again and it's a deal
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#69 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

I like Mason Raymond because of his speed. I think we should keep him and give him 82 games with Kesler and Hansen on the second line and he'll score 25 goals. Then have Booth and Higgins and Malhotra play on the shutdown line.

#70 Renelsisc

Renelsisc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

Raymond to MTL for ANYTHING would be overpayment by MTL hahaha.

maybe Raymond/3rd for Moen?

Sedins - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - ________
Higgins - Manny - Hansen
Moen - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - ______
Salo - Tanev

With Raymond/Luongo/Ballard possibly gone, that's $13mil right there for a top 6 forward and a top 4 D. Any ideas?

#71 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

I would be happy if Raymond was traded for a 6th round pick.

This guy is absolutely useless. Has no strength, falls all the time, misses the net and fear to go in front of a goalie.

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#72 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

I would be happy if Raymond was traded for a 6th round pick.

This guy is absolutely useless. Has no strength, falls all the time, misses the net and fear to go in front of a goalie.

Yeah he scored 25 goals in the National League because he is useless and has no strength. Those pucks just went in by miracles.

#73 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

i take that deal any day. lol.

tinordi will be as valuable as subban if his development continues the way it has. he has potential to be better than chara

Sorry Dude but.. :picard:

Chara is arguablly the best defender in the game (Along with Weber).

I agree he has great potential, I just don't see him turning out as good as Chara let alone better.

He will be close (at best) but not quite as good.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 11 June 2012 - 12:38 AM.

zackass.png

#74 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

Tinordi is what we need. A big mean player who can push other players around. But we also need speedy forwards like Raymond.

#75 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

would be happy if Raymond could be traded for one of the L.A. big forwards or defensemen lower in their roster depth chart

get a Trevor Lewis or Dwight King's rights for Raymond and punch a soft spot in their roster when he plays lol... or swap his RFA rights and a 4th or something for Simon Gagne; both guys could use fresh starts and Simon could be the play maker for Kes

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#76 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

Raymond is the ultimate asset. He is featured in 90% of potential CDC trades. We have only one chance to maximize return on this versatile trade-bait, and therefore we should target Sidney Crosby.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#77 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,189 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

He'll probably have a Grabner-like season on any other team playing on their 1st line, then fade away.

I've always thought Raymond plays the same style as Crosby - a skilled game, not much physicality and great skaters and vision. They skate very similarly and puck handle along the boards the same, but obviously Crosby is about a billion times better at everything than Raymond.

If he can work on his strength Raymond is going to make a lot of CDC fans pissed off when he's tearing it up in 3 or 4 years time on another team. The kid still has potential to break out. I wouldn't mind him for 2 million playing on our 3rd line with Hansen, then drop him to the 4th line in the playoffs where he can be a sort of player who flies under the radar ala Gionta, Lewis, Bernier etc.
Posted Image

#78 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

He'll probably have a Grabner-like season on any other team playing on their 1st line, then fade away.

I've always thought Raymond plays the same style as Crosby - a skilled game, not much physicality and great skaters and vision. They skate very similarly and puck handle along the boards the same, but obviously Crosby is about a billion times better at everything than Raymond.

If he can work on his strength Raymond is going to make a lot of CDC fans pissed off when he's tearing it up in 3 or 4 years time on another team. The kid still has potential to break out. I wouldn't mind him for 2 million playing on our 3rd line with Hansen, then drop him to the 4th line in the playoffs where he can be a sort of player who flies under the radar ala Gionta, Lewis, Bernier etc.

While I am prepared to see Raymond go in a deal that hopefully benefits the Canucks I agree that he still has potential. I also agree that his real position right now is on the 3rd line. IMHO his game should focus on the 3rd with PK duty. It would put him against opposing 3rd pairing dmen more often. To a degree I blame coaching for his season last year. His fundamentals could be a little stronger, ie body position on the puck and an ability to make the defensive play first and more physicality as in bumping opposing forwards more. I think he can come back and play a stronger game.

#79 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

Hmmm... i hate boston and want nothing from them but montreal.... maybe if we through in our 1st round pick when can get subban :D

I want Plekanec.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#80 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,990 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Lol at all the views because of "Rayond drawing intrest"

everyone wants to see who exactly is that crazy.

#81 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,990 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

Yeah he scored 25 goals in the National League because he is useless and has no strength. Those pucks just went in by miracles.

some did.

#82 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

I want Plekanec.

It'll cost a hell of a lot more than Raymond to get Plekanec

#83 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

If this is true, I think Boston would be the better of the two, but only if the plan is to put him with Seguin. Seguin is a run and gun player who is most effective taking advantage of defensive mistakes and in the transition game. He has speed to go with his skills and would have no problems in keeping up. I, like every other Canucks fan out there, have no love for the Bruins and would not go out of my way to make them better. I think a team like Tampa or Pittsburgh may be a better fit. I think a second or third round pick in 2013 would be fair or maybe a throw in to get a deal done would be fair given his current production rate.

Edited by komodo1970, 11 June 2012 - 12:11 PM.

#84 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCe85jLBfXk

some did.

for his "first" career hattrick, tying George Laroque in that they both have their "first" !

That 25 goal season had probably 5-7 that were so lucky, and another 5-7 that the goalie definitely should have made the save.(like REALLY bad goaltending)
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#85 needtogetswole

needtogetswole

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

I like Mason Raymond because of his speed. I think we should keep him and give him 82 games with Kesler and Hansen on the second line and he'll score 25 goals. Then have Booth and Higgins and Malhotra play on the shutdown line.

lol- not much to say.

#86 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hey sorry if I offended u MayRay lover but what has he done since that? Scoring 25 goals a couple years ago doesn't mean anything when he played so horribly the year before that and the year that just passed.

All speed and no finish, just like the comment you just made! Lol

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#87 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

I bet Raymond's reading this thinking "Other teams want me! :bigblush: "
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#88 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Thanks news flash

That was the only drawing on this misleading thread, but it wasn't even a drawing of Raymond

#89 FrenchKiss

FrenchKiss

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

Raymond + Gragnani for Emelin and a pick

Where do i sign?
Posted Image

#90 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hey sorry if I offended u MayRay lover but what has he done since that? Scoring 25 goals a couple years ago doesn't mean anything when he played so horribly the year before that and the year that just passed.

All speed and no finish, just like the comment you just made! Lol

all talk and no brain.

2009-2010 season 82 games 25 goals, 53 points
2010-2011 season 70 games 15 goals, 39 points
2011-2012 season 55 games 10 goals, 20 points

for a player who is making 2.55 his point total should be in the 40-50 point range. so ya he had 2 off years but realistically the year 2010-2011 season wasn't that bad, and the 2011-2012 season he came back from a devastating back injury... might be the reason for that one.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.