The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Canucks interested in SEMIN

Good grief, Schneider JUST signed a 3 year deal at a good price and people are ready to ship him off, for crying out loud the ink hasn't even dried on the contract yet.

Schneider is going NOWHERE. Gillis would be the worlds biggest undisputed hypocrite if he were to sign Schneider in good faith and instantly trade him away. The Luongo situation is different in that there certainly are aspects to which we are not privy, and never will be. The bottom line is Luongo is the goaltender that will be traded, not Schneider.

As for Semin, I'm all for it if the price is right, he is responsible defensively as he played on the PK in Washington. Think of Semin as a 30-40 goal scoring Raymond who stays on his feet, though I sincerely doubt he will sign here or if Gillis has any interest at all.

I would like to try and pry Weiss out of FLA as part of the Luongo deal with a package similar to: Luongo, Malhotra, Connauton, 1st for Weiss, Bjustad, Theodore

Sedin/Sedin/Burrows

Booth/Weiss/Kesler

Higgins/Bjustad/Hansen

Raymond/Lapierre/Kassian

Hamhuis/Bieksa

Edler/Garrison

Ballard/Tanev

Schneider

Theodore

Never thought of saying yes to more finesse but he is a bigger body thats a little harder to take off the puck and that can skate...which could challenge in post season,but what sells me on Semin, is power play points and a winger for the Sedin's (aka Carter?). Booth gets bumped down and Raymond gets shipped out.

stop bumping Burrows out of the first line so easily. He s doing great with the twins years in years out.

if (IF) we land Semin, he has to join the Kesler line.

and for those who think he s gonna sign for 3/4M per year... give your head a shake, he s worth nothing less than 5M, 5.5M per. which is still fine to me.

concerning his so called "attitude issue", at least he didnt embarass his team by diving everywhere, trying to draw penalty (RK17 anyone?).

i like the guy and the tremendous skillset he brings.

stop bumping Burrows out of the first line so easily. He s doing great with the twins years in years out.

if (IF) we land Semin, he has to join the Kesler line.

and for those who think he s gonna sign for 3/4M per year... give your head a shake, he s worth nothing less than 5M, 5.5M per. which is still fine to me.

concerning his so called "attitude issue", at least he didnt embarass his team by diving everywhere, trying to draw penalty (RK17 anyone?).

i like the guy and the tremendous skillset he brings.

Semin?? Really people?

Besides reportedly having a bad attitude and compete level, any NHL player who does this to another NHL player during a fight is NOT the type of player this team needs...regardless of skill level.

Archived