The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report]Doan's July 16th deadline no longer exists

Did you just completely disregard what Doan's own agent said? The future is uncertain regardless of that outcome, it's unknown whether Jamison will even be able to launch a bid now. There's a lot more to all of this than that stupid petition.

Did you just completely disregard what Doan's own agent said? The future is uncertain regardless of that outcome, it's unknown whether Jamison will even be able to launch a bid now. There's a lot more to all of this than that stupid petition.

You can also bet he is getting a great deal of pressure from the league (current owners) about how much hockey in Phoenix depends on him as the face of the franchise etc.

He's a character guy and that may sway him to stay. I sure hope not because if things go bad for the ownership there, the NHL brass will dump his carcass on the side of the road like road-kill.

Like I said, the petition is only one hurdle to overcome there's a lot more to it. Jamison himself does not have the money to buy the team, he had an investment group consortium that was going in with the offer. He's got investor's dropping out now w/ all the uncertainty surrounding the whole deal. According to, I think it was Tyson Nash, on the radio the other day; "Investor's who were solidly in the deal before are no longer returning his calls". Not a good sign for the deal going through. Even if the NHL tries to push the sale through, that's pretty hard to do if the local purchaser doesn't have the money together. Secondly as many have mentioned the failed petition can cause a backlog of litigation that could drag on for a long time. The Coyotes will be there next year, at this point, but after that? Doan is looking beyond just this year.

edit: Oh and that's all assuming the Goldwater Institute doesn't decide to step into the bull ring again.

At age 21, Doan had played 137 NHL games, scored a total of 11 goals and 29 points. He was regarded at the time as a bust who had been rushed into the NHL by the Jets and was sinking in Phoenix. How old is Kassian again?

At this rate he will finally have made his descision at the trade deadline :bigblush:

But jokes aside, from a selfish point of view hopefully (for our sake) the thing falls through, he is exactly what we need and I don't wanna go into the season with Raymond on our team let alone in our top 6.

But I feel for him aswell, he really wants to stay there, and that's a tough spot to be, for his sake I hope whatever happens he ends up being happy with it.

Archived