The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Still sounds like you are butthurt that broncos beat the patriots. Peyton plays average/good??? And then you go on and on and on about Brady like he is a god

Sorry, but your hate for Brady is pretty high cause you clearly didn't interpreate what I said correctly. I said I predict Peyton will play average in the SB and not that he played average and never said a thing about Brady lol.

Say what you want, I know Peyton is up there, but I just cannot cheer for him. Rivalry is too deep and last thing I'd want to see is him winning. Hope clutch Peyton shows up on the field and throws a few INT's ;):P

Edited by TheRussianRocket™

I'm not a San Diego fan so I could be incorrect, but from an outsider perspective if you guys have all your receivers healthy that's a pretty good group, wouldn't your money in free agency be spent better elsewhere?

You already have Keenan Allen who will only get better still, Eddie Royal, and Vincent Brown. And then you have both Danario Alexander and Malcolm Floyd, two guys who are pretty damn good who barely played if at all this year because of injury.

Again maybe these guys aren't as good as I think they are, but to me that's already 5 pretty good receivers

We could use a number 2 receiver, someone to line up opposite of Allen. Brown was in that spot last year, and he just didn't have the year many thought he would; and was kind of invisible towards the end. I haven't given up on him yet, it was his first full season and was coming off of injury so we will see but its one spot we could use an upgrade.

Ya I think they will bring back DX, he's had a lot of knee injuries though. He is a really good receiver, but after that many injuries its hard to trust we will get much more than 6 games from him. But he's definitely worth that gamble.

Malcom Flyod might be done. He is getting up there in age, and from the reports I've read he's still in a lot of pain still today. Which is too bad, I always liked him but that hit may have ended his career..

Royal is a good slot guy, though I am unsure what is going to happen there. A lot of people think he might get cut just because of his contract if they can draft a quick wr, which Tom Telesco has said he wants to draft some more speed. Its suppose to be a deep class for receivers this year too, so we will see how that plays a role in everything as well.

But ya besides that your right our first priority is going to be defense. Mainly we need help at cb, ss and desparetly need a good nose tackle

Really hoping Welker gets a ring today. As a Pats fan, he deserves one. He did so much for our football team and it's a damn shame he couldn't win one or two with Tom. But I hope he wins one with Peyton today.

That's big of you to say after the AFC Championship with the Talib injury. I think he'll have a big game with Sherman covering Thomas.

Since I cheered for neither team, this Superbowl was one of the boring I have seen in years. It is no fun watching a game that was over by halftime. I wonder how many people changed channels early when the outcome was not in doubt.

It would've been exciting if you made a huge bet...like $200 on a team. It would force you to cheer for a team and at the end of the day, you might win something if your team wins.

I can't wait to get into Manning vs Brady debates now. Oh boy, so much material. Won't get into it now.

Congratulations Seahawks fans!

Although the pick six was basically forced by Avril, everyone at the SB party that I was at was shocked at what an absolute duck the first pick was.... just a terrible game from Manning.

All of us were cheering for the 'Hawks, but no-one expected such domination from their defence.

The thing that's kind of scary about Seattle, is that they did this without Harvin for most of the season and without Rice for a significant amount of the year as well. Guys like Baldwin and Kearse really stepped up...

A seahawks "fan" just told me Shaun Alexander is a made up name

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't..I can't...oh my god :lol: :lol:

Hahaha wow...I usually used Jim Zorm as the bandwagon test but Alexander wow

congrats to Seattle and their real fans, they deserved it

With Manning and his Pro Bowl set of receivers doing nothing yesterday, I wonder if this influences Belichick to use the money on the defensive side of the football this off season. Getting to the AFCCG with Edelman, half an Amendola, a quarter of a Thompkins, and three quarters of a Dobson was impressive. With Seattle showing that defense is more important than offense, I wouldn't be opposed to resigning Talib + another shut down corner, and get some damn pass rushers.