The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 hours ago, Van40 said:

Carson Wince at it again. 

He has been worse this year then he was in 2016 as a rookie.

Looked rattled back there without his two top Pro Bowl OL guys Lane Johnson and Brandon Brooks.

Also without his top RB and top 3 WRs.

Hard to win for any qb.

Plus it was windy as hell.

They need to get him some better weapons and a better medical staff to keep guys healthier.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Gritty win from Seattle. 9-2 is a good record.

On a side note

And he is doing this behind an awful offensive line. 

Our offensive line is better now than it was to start the year. Oschmele and khalil were never good for us.  Jonathhan harrison won the C job last year. The second our new GM replaced him the room was pissed. 

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

He has been worse this year then he was in 2016 as a rookie.

Looked rattled back there without his two top Pro Bowl OL guys Lane Johnson and Brandon Brooks.

Also without his top RB and top 3 WRs.

Hard to win for any qb.

Plus it was windy as hell.

They need to get him some better weapons and a better medical staff to keep guys healthier.

Injuries can't be an excuse every week. Wentz has regressed since his near mvp season. He appears frantic in the pocket and doesn't have that same zip. 

Philly misses Reich and Defilippo too.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Van40 said:

Injuries can't be an excuse every week. Wentz has regressed since his near mvp season. He appears frantic in the pocket and doesn't have that same zip. 

Philly misses Reich and Defilippo too.

Fair but his arm strength looks fine to me.

His mechanics have always been average.

Even in 2017 he was completing less than 65% of his passes IIRC.

The key difference is the Eagles run game by commitee was so potent in 2017 and they spread the ball around on offence to lots of different pass catchers instead of just targeting the TEs over and over.

Mike Groh the OC needs to be fired.

They need to try to bring back Flip or get somebody from Kyle Shanahan's offence maybe Matt Lafleur's brother?

Who knows maybe Jay Gruden would be willing to take an OC job if he doesn't get any head coach offers.

How safe is Zac Taylor with the Bengals @Pears?

Also, Joe Burrow from Bayou Bengal to Cincinnati Bengal rolls off the tongue.

34 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Fair but his arm strength looks fine to me.

His mechanics have always been average.

Even in 2017 he was completing less than 65% of his passes IIRC.

The key difference is the Eagles run game by commitee was so potent in 2017 and they spread the ball around on offence to lots of different pass catchers instead of just targeting the TEs over and over.

Mike Groh the OC needs to be fired.

They need to try to bring back Flip or get somebody from Kyle Shanahan's offence maybe Matt Lafleur's brother?

Who knows maybe Jay Gruden would be willing to take an OC job if he doesn't get any head coach offers.

How safe is Zac Taylor with the Bengals @Pears?

Also, Joe Burrow from Bayou Bengal to Cincinnati Bengal rolls off the tongue.

Considering Marvin Lewis was safe for 16 years I don’t think Taylor has anything to worry about ;)

19 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Sanu and Dorset both out today. Smart money might be on Cowboys at +230 

As much as I'd like to see the Patsies lose, it was almost worth it to see Jerry Jones so pissed off and ripping his team in the post game interview....gave me the warm and fuzzies. :)

• Upvote 1

Gotta admit as a Pats fan those tripping calls on Dallas were BS - but I am also a Canuck fan so it evens out in the end^_^

Still think one of the dumbest roster moves ever was letting Foles go over Wentz.  The whole point of a GM is to find a QB that can win you the big game, they had one and let him go.  Should've kept Foles and traded Wentz for a good haul.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1