The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 minute ago, Van40 said:

You joke but the Bills are about to get plastered next week 

If the Bills didn't have so much turnover in the offseason, I'd call it a revenge game for last year, but neither team even has the same starting QB anymore.

19 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

KC's defense is suspect.  Brady and Belichick will figure them out and win the game.

The Bills have a great D, but because of the way they play the pass, it leaves a little extra room open for good runners.  Lamar is going to start running on them and when the Bills stick Edmunds on him, that'll open up short and intermediate passing lanes.

Unfortunately I can see that game getting ugly. 

I thought the Texans D without the likes of Watt and Clowney was too and Brady would finally figure out a sustainable offense. Instead they looked dreadful. For me at least coming into this game I would have taken the Chiefs D over the Texans, now will have to watch and see how they contain Brady. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Toews said:

I thought the Texans D without the likes of Watt and Clowney was too and Brady would finally figure out a sustainable offense. Instead they looked dreadful. For me at least coming into this game I would have taken the Chiefs D over the Texans, now will have to watch and see how they contain Brady. 

I hope the Chiefs' 25th ranked defense can contain Brady and Edelman well enough to beat them, but I wouldn't bet on it.  Although to your point the Texans did it with the 20th ranked defense (minus 2 of their best to boot) so I guess it's possible if the Patriots have yet another pedestrian outing.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

How 'bout the NFL just ignores the NFC East this year and simply lets in three wild cards from the other divisions?

I was just thinking about that....

One of the Cowboys or Eagles is going to host a playoff game, while one of the Niners or Seahawks will be going on the road....:blink:

Time to change that playoff format....

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Brady is finally starting to decline.  This is the first season that I've seen him not be able to make inferior receivers look better than they are.  It's one of the things that I point to when I argue with anyone that he's the best QB to ever play the game.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Belichick take a QB in the first or second round this year.

I disagree. He's made UDFA Jakobi Myers look like a capable slot WR. Dorsett was a stud in the first half before teams starting keying on him. He's also throwing to 2 run-blocking TE's. There's 4 games left to get Sanu and Harry caught up on the playbook and build chemistry with TB12 otherwise the playoffs will be short. 

His pocket awareness is as elite as it's always been - great example on the TD to Edelman. His arm strength is still there - great example on the 43 yard toss to Edelman on the back pedal with no hip swing. I don't see BB wasting a 1st or 2nd rounder on a QB this year - especially because they like Stidham. 

2021 draft for sure though. 

38 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I disagree. He's made UDFA Jakobi Myers look like a capable slot WR. Dorsett was a stud in the first half before teams starting keying on him. He's also throwing to 2 run-blocking TE's. There's 4 games left to get Sanu and Harry caught up on the playbook and build chemistry with TB12 otherwise the playoffs will be short. 

His pocket awareness is as elite as it's always been - great example on the TD to Edelman. His arm strength is still there - great example on the 43 yard toss to Edelman on the back pedal with no hip swing. I don't see BB wasting a 1st or 2nd rounder on a QB this year - especially because they like Stidham. 

2021 draft for sure though. 

I'm not saying Brady is bad, because he's not.  He's still one of the best in the league at age 42.  He even told his receivers on the sideline that they need to be better.

I just don't see that "it" factor from Brady this year.  Maybe it's also a matter of his receivers are so bad, sans Edelman, that it comes down to a matter of you can only polish turds so much until you just have to accept them for what they are and that no matter how much you polish them, they will never shine. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm not saying Brady is bad, because he's not.  He's still one of the best in the league at age 42.  He even told his receivers on the sideline that they need to be better.

I just don't see that "it" factor from Brady this year.  Maybe it's also a matter of his receivers are so bad, sans Edelman, that it comes down to a matter of you can only polish turds so much until you just have to accept them for what they are and that no matter how much you polish them, they will never shine. 

If Bolden was 2 inches taller we could've possibly been talking about a 28-27 win from a 27-3 come back in the 4th quarter. So close to recovering that onside kick 

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

I said this in the first couple weeks of the season and it was scoffed at but they miss Gronk. Not just Gronk but pass blocking TE's. They have tight ends but they are awful at blocking and their offensive line has been banged up a lot. All of this makes their run game pretty insignificant. I was thinking Brady might be showing decline but watching him every week he is still throwing the ball great and deep. But what is becoming more and more apparent is his receivers can't get open or are getting beat on routes by the opposing teams cornerbacks. He sometimes throws a ball and there is literally no receiver in the area and you can tell he is like wtf? They are not running the correct routes or when they do they are running them sloppily. 

The only hope they have is Sanu starts becoming a threat and N'keal Harry shows up. If N'keal can't start doing something then getting rid of Gordon was a mistake. I think Belichick expected a lot more out of N'keal. 

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

If Bolden was 2 inches taller we could've possibly been talking about a 28-27 win from a 27-3 come back in the 4th quarter. So close to recovering that onside kick 

I have always hated prevent defensive formations at the end of games.  They're designed to give up chunks of the field at a time in order to run the clock down.  Brady almost won the game for his team because the Texas thought they could contain him long enough to run out the clock.  It almost cost the Texas the game.

Edited by SabreFan1
Somehow managed to delete a cpl of words when I originally posted.

2 hours ago, peaches5 said:

I said this in the first couple weeks of the season and it was scoffed at but they miss Gronk. Not just Gronk but pass blocking TE's. They have tight ends but they are awful at blocking and their offensive line has been banged up a lot. All of this makes their run game pretty insignificant. I was thinking Brady might be showing decline but watching him every week he is still throwing the ball great and deep. But what is becoming more and more apparent is his receivers can't get open or are getting beat on routes by the opposing teams cornerbacks. He sometimes throws a ball and there is literally no receiver in the area and you can tell he is like wtf? They are not running the correct routes or when they do they are running them sloppily. 

The only hope they have is Sanu starts becoming a threat and N'keal Harry shows up. If N'keal can't start doing something then getting rid of Gordon was a mistake. I think Belichick expected a lot more out of N'keal.

With the Patriot's defense getting softer and coming back down to Earth, the offense better figure out how to play better or they may not even make it past the divisional round of the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

With the Patriot's defense getting softer and coming back down to Earth, the offense better figure out how to play better or they may not even make it past the divisional round of the playoffs.

Unless their defense plays unbelievable I don't think they're going to win a playoff game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

There is no QB I would rather have than Russell Wilson, but every season he is prone to some random weird decision. That swat was one of them. 

Had a Seattle player caught the ball, would it have counted or would it be deemed a second forward pass and illegal?

On 11/28/2019 at 4:06 PM, Van40 said:

It's crazy how much Josh Allen and LJ improved in just 1 year. Both guys were the boom or bust picks and have come through for their squads. 

and the guy with the best arm talent in that draft, Josh Rosen is pretty close to being in the CFL. Its also a testamate to their management and coaching staff ( LJ and J Allen) that they are all in on their QBs, not just giving them the right scheme but getting them the best players that fit their talent

On 8/30/2019 at 6:38 PM, Tre Mac said:

Cowboys and Browns massively poop the bed this year.

Too bad the cowgirls will still make the playoffs.  I was so sick of the hype these teams got - some on tv even calling this a potential superbowl matchup, ah no.