The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Question for the Pats fans:

As a Sooner fan, I find myself cheering for Baker and the Browns and Kyler and the Cards....although the Bills are still my team.

Will you guys cheer for the Bucs at all, or is Brady dead to you?

56 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

As a Sooner fan, I find myself cheering for Baker and the Browns and Kyler and the Cards....although the Bills are still my team.

Anyone that feels this way is a moron. 

I hope the Bucs win all their games except whenever they play the Pats.

I'll probably tune into a lot more Bucs games now just to see Brady and hope he does well. 

At the end of the day he'll retire a Patriots (1 day contract), he'll be a Patriot forever, he'll be synonymous with the Patriots and will go into the HOF as a Patriot. 

I'm glad he got himself 50 million guaranteed (lmao btw) which should give his new production company in LA some nice overhead to start with. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 3/26/2020 at 3:38 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Wish him the best but I don't this will turn out well.  Still can't wrap my head around this tbh.

On 3/26/2020 at 4:36 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

I'll probably tune into a lot more Bucs games now just to see Brady and hope he does well. 

At the end of the day he'll retire a Patriots (1 day contract), he'll be a Patriot forever, he'll be synonymous with the Patriots and will go into the HOF as a Patriot. 

I'm glad he got himself 50 million guaranteed (lmao btw) which should give his new production company in LA some nice overhead to start with. 

I’m looking forward to seeing what he does there too. Coincidence no host team has won the Super Bowl and Tampa is hosting it this year? :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Pears said:

I’m looking forward to seeing what he does there too. Coincidence no host team has won the Super Bowl and Tampa is hosting it this year? :ph34r:

I think he'll do ok, I don't think he'll get 50 tds like what Peyton did for the Broncos, but Brady will get 35-40tds. I have a gut feeling Godwin is gonna be the guy to own, not Evans,  when Fantasy season comes along

1 hour ago, filthycanuck said:

I think he'll do ok, I don't think he'll get 50 tds like what Peyton did for the Broncos, but Brady will get 35-40tds. I have a gut feeling Godwin is gonna be the guy to own, not Evans,  when Fantasy season comes along

I wouldn’t doubt it. Evans will be getting a good chunk of double teams which will give Godwin plenty of one on one matches. We’ll definitely see a rejuvenated Brady that’s for sure. 

On 3/27/2020 at 12:36 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

Production company in LA? What's he going to make? Ted 3?

Now with the 17 game season set, will there be a Seahawks game in Vancouver you think?

Edited by canuckster19

• 2 weeks later...

National felons league never fails to set the bar lower and lower.

Chris Johnson accused of hiring hit man to kill shooters from 2015 incident

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chris-johnson-accused-of-hiring-hit-man-to-kill-shooters-from-2015-incident/ar-BB12o0aE?li=BBnbfcL

28 minutes ago, Pears said:

People are really still trying to push this even though Burrow himself has said he’ll play for whoever drafts him huh :picard:

He's talked about how important it is for him to play for a winning organization and being in a good situation. Not unreasonable that he asks Cincy to trade him or trade down

Edited by Van40

46 minutes ago, Van40 said:

He's talked about how important it is for him to play for a winning organization and being in a good situation. Not unreasonable that he asks Cincy to trade him or trade down

Schefter’s said it. Rapoport has said it. Basically every reputable reporter/insider has said Burrow to Cincinnati is a lock. People trying to say otherwise are just looking for attention. 

18 minutes ago, Pears said:

Schefter’s said it. Rapoport has said it. Basically every reputable reporter/insider has said Burrow to Cincinnati is a lock. People trying to say otherwise are just looking for attention. 

Burrow's words matter the most to me rather than secondary "sources". The curious part was him saying he had "leverage" when first asked about it. I can only assume that part was a hint to the organization that he was looking to negotiate. Then he came out and said that he had no problem playing for the Bengals. That was significant to me as it probably indicated that he liked what he heard or came to some sort of agreement. If he backtracks now then he will look extremely flaky. I have no problem with him pulling a Manning/Elway but this would the worst way to go about it. I have to believe that Burrow is smarter than this. If you are going to pull the plug, do it soon instead of teasing the tortured Bengals fan base. 

Edited by Toews
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Toews said:

Burrow's words matter the most to me rather than secondary "sources". The curious part was him saying he had "leverage" when first asked about it. I can only assume that part was a hint to the organization that he was looking to negotiate. Then he came out and said that he had no problem playing for the Bengals. That was significant to me as it probably indicated that he liked what he heard or came to some sort of agreement. If he backtracks now then he will look extremely flaky. I have no problem with him pulling a Manning/Elway but this would the worst way to go about it. I have to believe that Burrow is smarter than this. If you are going to pull the plug, do it soon instead of teasing the tortured Bengals fan base. 

Yep. I don’t think we’d be make all of those significant signings on defense if we weren’t going to give our franchise quarterback (Burrow) the best opportunity to come in and be successful right away. 

• Vintage 1

At first when  I heard the draft would go on  I thought it was stupid  in a time like this to think about sports or any entertainment options even fake sports like e-sports and wrestling seemed very selfish.

This virtual draft is still better and less stupid than what the WWE looks like without a live in house audience. 

The potential  for Bill OB to drop an f bomb live as he struggles  with figuring zoom conferences is high.

I have a feeling  this will be the most watched draft in some time.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

At first when  I heard the draft would go on  I thought it was stupid  in a time like this to think about sports or any entertainment options even fake sports like e-sports and wrestling seemed very selfish.

This virtual draft is still better and less stupid than what the WWE looks like without a live in house audience. 

The potential  for Bill OB to drop an f bomb live as he struggles  with figuring zoom conferences is high.

I have a feeling  this will be the most watched draft in some time.

More due to the fact that many are not working, and theres legit no other sport related event to watch, than the entertainment of a live draft though.

• Like 1

Per

, Former Alabama State and Sidney Lanier QB Tarvaris Jackson died last night in Alabama in a car accident. Jackson, who had stints with the #Seahawks, #Vikings and #Bills was 36, and was currently employed as the QB coach at Tennessee State. More details to come.

Ted S. Warren/AP
APRIL 12 - Tarvaris Jackson, an NFL quarterback who won a Super Bowl as a member of the Seattle Seahawks, died from injuries sustained in a car crash in his native Alabama. Jackson was a second-round pick by the Minnesota Vikings in 2006. He made 14 starts for Seattle in 2011, throwing for 3,091 yards and 14 TDs. He left the NFL in 2015, becoming a quarterbacks coach at his alma mater Alabama State and later Tennessee State. He was 36.

Former NFL quarterback Tarvaris Jackson dies in car crash

STATE REPORT 
22 minutes ago
By 
  • The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Former NFL quarterback Tarvaris Jackson died Sunday night in a car crash in his native Alabama. 

Former #Seahawks QB Tarvaris Jackson died last night in a car accident in Alabama, a spokesperson for his employer Tennessee State tells me. Jackson, 36, was TSU’s QB coach. Along with Seattle, he also played for the #Vikings and #Bills.

Jackson, a second round pick in 2006, started 20 games for the Minnesota Vikings over five seasons. He last played for the Seattle Seahawks, for whom he started 14 games in 2011, throwing for 3,091 yards and 14 TDs. He spent one season in Buffalo, but did not play in a regular-season game.

Jackson left the NFL in 2015 and joined his alma mater, Alabama State, as a quality control coach and quarterbacks coach. He joined Tennessee State’s staff as the quarterbacks coach in 2019. 

Jackson was 36.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/former-nfl-quarterback-tarvaris-jackson-dies-car-crash/b005P2AIHfP7pQqY5vm2OO/

Edited by Tre Mac

On 4/11/2020 at 1:39 PM, Pears said:

Yep. I don’t think we’d be make all of those significant signings on defense if we weren’t going to give our franchise quarterback (Burrow) the best opportunity to come in and be successful right away. 

Yeah I don't buy it too considering Burrows has ties to the state of Ohio ( HS football) and his gf I believe lives or her fam lives in Cincinnati, this should be a no brainer. If Miami offered all their 1st round picks and possibly a 2nd, i would bite. My gawd the haul that they would get for the 1st overall pick could set them up for a decade especially if one of those picks was Tua

• Cheers 1