The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

That was pass interference guys. As much as I hate to say it, but when loking at replays and in slow motion it was an accidental trip. Main thing is, the offense has to get better, two safetys in a row should never happen.

If that's pass interference, then they need to call it all the time, which they don't. Lots of other bad calls as well both ways. The officiating this year in the CFL is complete garbage.

That was pass interference guys. As much as I hate to say it, but when loking at replays and in slow motion it was an accidental trip. Main thing is, the offense has to get better, two safetys in a row should never happen.

Based on the result of the majority of PI challenges this year I don't think that qualifies. Far more blatanly obvious PI challenges have been upheld. Was it Gore who had his jersey pulled over his shoulder pad and yet they said there wasn't enough evidence?

The lions have also been challenged unsuccessfully on a number of occasions that were far more obvious than this one. As a result coaches seem to be more reluctant to even throw a flag unless they have nothing to lose. The inconsistency in reffing this year is ruining the game for me.

BC can be so much better than this. They won the Grey Cup in 2011, the D-line and D overall was so great with Johnson-Hunt-Mitchell-Williams. So much swagger on that team and I still think that swagger is with our team today but the faces of the franchise in Lulay and Harris are unfortunately injured but I have so much believe in this team.

I believe the defence can be great but Khreem Smith just takes up a block, he doesn't get pressure just takes a block. Bazzie is the only promising one on there, Banks was an useful DB who can blitz and cover, Johnson is doing a good job replacing but Banks held alot on this team IMO. Mitchell in and Banks out but Mitchell is not having himself a good season.

Harris is the best RB from scrimmage, sometimes he has a good game, usually doing his job but he was more dominant before. We just won the cup 3 years ago, not much as changed, we still maintain alot of respect around the league, a very respected GM in Wally.

Overall though, the CFL just seems kind of down. I don't know if the talent is going down every year or the Ottawa expansion hurt the CFL but it feels alot less talented and alot less exciting. I'm a big CFL fan but I feel the CFL and the BC Lions can be better.

Based on the result of the majority of PI challenges this year I don't think that qualifies. Far more blatanly obvious PI challenges have been upheld. Was it Gore who had his jersey pulled over his shoulder pad and yet they said there wasn't enough evidence?

The lions have also been challenged unsuccessfully on a number of occasions that were far more obvious than this one. As a result coaches seem to be more reluctant to even throw a flag unless they have nothing to lose. The inconsistency in reffing this year is ruining the game for me.

If I remember correctly, it was Iannuzzi. I agree that it's ruining the game. I gave some serious thought to not renewing my season tickets next year because of it.

Time to look at trading away players to teams that actually have a shot at the Cup.

This year is done, no running backs or return game and the QB position is weak with an ineffective Glenn and injured Lulay. I know the Grey cup is at BC Place this year but cannot see the Lions making it. Rebuild for next year.

You know it's hockey season when...

Hope you enjoyed the game Deb! Just remembered. Probably explains partially why it's so quiet in this thread :P

It was a good win, but the thing is, it's depressing at the same time. Antolin and Jackson looked great, but it was against the Redblacks...

Meanwhile we get to see Lulay up in the spotter's box all night and Harris, Logan, Burnham, CT and Manny sitting on the sidelines in street clothes all night.

As good as it is to get back in the win column, I think we all realize that this team cannot seriously compete for the Grey Cup.

It was a good win, but the thing is, it's depressing at the same time. Antolin and Jackson looked great, but it was against the Redblacks...

Meanwhile we get to see Lulay up in the spotter's box all night and Harris, Logan, Burnham, CT and Manny sitting on the sidelines in street clothes all night.

As good as it is to get back in the win column, I think we all realize that this team cannot seriously compete for the Grey Cup.

Agreed. One playoff win would be a success at this point.

While I agree, sometimes a blow out against a crap team is what a team needs to get on the same page. Not saying we are Grey Cup contenders at this point, but this team has the potential to put a good run together, especially with the D playing the way it is.

While I agree, sometimes a blow out against a crap team is what a team needs to get on the same page. Not saying we are Grey Cup contenders at this point, but this team has the potential to put a good run together, especially with the D playing the way it is.

Not with our popgun offense. I love our D but we seriously need to get some of our weapons back to have any chance of beating a legit team.