The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hamhuis vs Bieksa (Read description first!)

Grape

Hamhuis vs Bieksa  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bieksa's got more offensive skill, is grittier, and can be more of a game-changing player. But his defence isn't on par with Hammer's and he isn't nearly as consistent.

If I could only pick one, I'd take the defensive stalwart Dan Hamhuis, just because he's so consistent and defensively sound. But I think people give Bieksa way more crap than he deserves. When he's off, boy is he off. But for the most part, he's an all-around great defenceman, and when he plays with passion and poise he is a force.

KB3 has the FIRE! and at the end of the day folks, as anyone who has played a team game at a decent level will tell you, that is often what makes the difference.

Anyway I don't buy this Hamhuis is a better defender no more than Bieksa is a better offensive player. They are both there to do what they do best and to fit their game to what the team requires. I have no doubt that if Bieksa was asked to concentrate mainly on D he would match Hamhuis and vice versa.

As I say the only difference I see is that one is more equipped to light up the team.

Archived