The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Nice to see guys busting their asses for 20 minutes, putting their bodies on the line......only for a part-timer to insert himself into the match and win in less than 2 minutes.

Bravo Vince.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, shiznak said:

Nice to see guys busting their asses for 20 minutes, putting their bodies on the line......only for a part-timer to insert himself into the match and win in less than 2 minutes.

Bravo Vince.

Yea extremely frustrating... I guess this is how you make a heel though? Vince must really want people to hate Brock? I couldn't possibly hate lesnar any more now after that joke of a victory. 

It honestly made no sense. Everyone was just knocked out for way too long... Surely someone coulda got up and pushed the ladder. Even Ali coulda unlatched the suit case before Brock even made it to the ring. Face-palm. 

Really gotta feel for Finn... He took the most damage and thought they might make him a hero and let him win after all the abuse his body took but nope... 

17 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

yea, AEW is gonna be huge. hated the bit with cody "slaying" the triple h throne. just reeked of 1996 wcw dungeon of doom **** but that was an awesome show

I am planning on "renting" the PPV.  I have seen that clip of the throne with Cody.  Came across really lame, though the crowd seemed to love it.

Browsing through twitter and whatnot, I find it amusing that the IWC thinks that Vince is losing his mind right now over AEW. Honestly, I think he couldn’t careless about it. The guy who should be worrying is Hunter and his NXT brand. For years now, well known indies guys have been poached by Hunter and Regal off the scene. Now that there’s an alternative. It’s be hard for him to get these guys. 

AEW is going to force WWE to go back to the attitude non pg if they want to compete with AEW. SmackDown is rumored to be going back to this once it's on Fox later this year, but as for Raw as long as they're pg WWE is going to lose a lot of fans. If AEW can get some more money and start putting out a few more shows to run a couple story lines before another PPV, to really experience there raw material, it will be nice to see some non pg shows again, definitely routing for AEW and if done properly so far they have, they have a good opportunity to become the better/best product out there.

18 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

AEW is going to force WWE to go back to the attitude non pg if they want to compete with AEW. SmackDown is rumored to be going back to this once it's on Fox later this year, but as for Raw as long as they're pg WWE is going to lose a lot of fans. If AEW can get some more money and start putting out a few more shows to run a couple story lines before another PPV, to really experience there raw material, it will be nice to see some non pg shows again, definitely routing for AEW and if done properly so far they have, they have a good opportunity to become the better/best product out there.

WWE will never go back to the attitude era, because they will lose a ton of sponsors. Most notably, the Saudi Arabia deal and Mattel, their two biggest money revenues.

Vince can lose a million of views across North America. It wouldn’t phase him a bit. Those viewership only brings a small part of his revenues. Asia/India is where views counts the most, and those countries value family friendly content.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

WWE doesn't need to go to TV14 to get back to the glory days. I know most people associate the decline of WWE once they went to PG but I think it has more to do with WWE just being too corporate these days. Plus WWE RAW in 2002 with Triple H's necrophilia angle did nothing for them.

CM Punk's Pipebomb in 2011 was the hottest thing the WWE had since the Attitude Era, Jericho vs Shawn Michaels' 2008 feud was a hot feud, Nexus invasion in 2010, Bayley was way over when she debuted back in 2016, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens had that great feud some time back, Becky Lynch was red hot the moment she entered the Rumble this year. For the most part all these opportunities were, one way or the other, squandered by the WWE.

Even if Austin was as hot as he was after Wrestlemania 13 with the booking and creative this way is now Austin would not have gotten over the way he ended up being. If WWE kept pushing The Rock as Rocky Maivia and is as stubborn as their obsession pushing Roman Reigns, Rock would have just been Roman Reigns in 1996 to 2001. 

AEW Double or Nothing, which I haven't seen, but something as simple as Cody and Dustin hugging got over with the crowd. Besides the blood, you could do that if your product was PG.

Edited by iinatcc

13 hours ago, shiznak said:

WWE will never go back to the attitude era, because they will lose a ton of sponsors. Most notably, the Saudi Arabia deal and Mattel, their two biggest money revenues.

Vince can lose a million of views across North America. It wouldn’t phase him a bit. Those viewership only brings a small part of his revenues. Asia/India is where views counts the most, and those countries value family friendly content.

But that's why they're moving SmackDown to Fox so they can move away from the pg, and hence why Roman was put on SmackDown now, it's supposed to be the #1 show once it goes to Fox in October or November I believe. Even some shows recently they've started pushing the boundaries a bit in WWE, but due to their contract rights they have to keep it pg. Will it ever be the same as the attitude era I highly doubt it, won't be seeing any bra and panty matches that's for sure, but if they can start swearing a bit it will open the door for it a bit. Cena was one of the biggest reasons the PG era lastest keeping WWE at the top for so long, and that he never wanted to turn heal the kids adored him, and money was flowing. Now that Cena is gone they're in a mix on what to do a bit going forward, but does look like they will try eventually to push the limits again, but it's going to be a 50/50 gamble on WWE part depending on how well AEW does, because either way they're going to lose fans, whether it's 18+ audience because AEW is more raw, or WWE loses a lot of kids as fans if they move on from the pg era, but of course many kids will like it.

Last year HHH and some others higher up in WWE supposedly sold a huge amount of stocks because they knew a decline was coming, but I don't think they expected AEW to get this big this fast, again if things keep going good for AEW, WWE is going to have to do something different they won't want to be 2nd, that's not in McMahon blood.

13 hours ago, iinatcc said:

WWE doesn't need to go to TV14 to get back to the glory days. I know most people associate the decline of WWE once they went to PG but I think it has more to do with WWE just being too corporate these days. Plus WWE RAW in 2002 with Triple H's necrophilia angle did nothing for them.

CM Punk's Pipebomb in 2011 was the hottest thing the WWE had since the Attitude Era, Jericho vs Shawn Michaels' 2008 feud was a hot feud, Nexus invasion in 2010, Bayley was way over when she debuted back in 2016, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens had that great feud some time back, Becky Lynch was red hot the moment she entered the Rumble this year. For the most part all these opportunities were, one way or the other, squandered by the WWE.

Even if Austin was as hot as he was after Wrestlemania 13 with the booking and creative this way is now Austin would not have gotten over the way he ended up being. If WWE kept pushing The Rock as Rocky Maivia and is as stubborn as their obsession pushing Roman Reigns, Rock would have just been Roman Reigns in 1996 to 2001. 

AEW Double or Nothing, which I haven't seen, but something as simple as Cody and Dustin hugging got over with the crowd. Besides the blood, you could do that if your product was PG.

They will have to do something because I doubt if AEW expands and like said gets a weekly show eventually, people will watch it especially if it's not PG, and then young kids will start watching it and I doubt WWE will be happy losing that many fans and it will just continue to happen unless they change their boring crap they got going now. When AEW has guys fingering other wrestling's and swearing at them, that already is in another level then WWE that they just can't do. I'm not talking about blood and pg, I'm talking about actions and words non pg and that is what fans have been wanting since the attitude era ended and with AEW they're finally going to get that again.