3002 replies to this topic

#631 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

For people who actually follow the Canucks you should notice 2 things.

1.Luongo had one of his worst first 15 games of the season ever. His GAA approached 3.00
2. January-April he had perhaps his best stretch of hockey ever. I don't have the numbers, but he averaged a GAA close to 2.00

I wish someone smarter than me could crunch these numbers but Luongo is still one if the best goalies in the game.

Turn back time- say March- any team in the league aside of 5 or so would have given their left nut for Luongo.

At the deadline Burke would have traded Gardiner for Luongo in a heartbeat.

#632 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

and hes getting the broom out of Vancouver...figure that one out !

I'm not sure what point your trying to make, it's not that hard to figure out.

He's under appreciated (that's an understatement), Cory has established himself as a starting goaltender, who is young and seems to have limitless upside. Where as Lu is 33, and while he is still a star, and capable of carrying a team, since we have both Cory seems to be the better choice.

If we didn't have another goalie or Cory isn't as good as he is he would stay here, but we have the luxury of Cory so it works out well for both sides, but that doesn't mean we are just gunna throw him away for nothing.

As I said it is really not a tough thing to figure out if you know whats going on.

zackass.png

#633 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Schneider was our best...agreed...but one thing we know...if we ever get to see hockey again...we are going to see Lou elsewhere... kiss him goodbye and dry clean your Lou sweaters !!

Don't manipulate what I said to suit your preference. They were our two best players. Both of them, not just Schneider.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#634 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

I'm pretty sure at some point, Steve Tambo spoke to MIke Gillis, as they are pretty close friends, in regards to Luongo in a business stand point. Obviously, MIke Gillis has said in the past, if a trade makes sense he will do it, wether it's a division rival or not, he even offered up Hodgson to Division Rival Colorado for Landaskogg. Anything can happen. For me, I just want Mike Gillis to make the right trade. I don't really give a damn if Luongo ends up to a division rival if a good deal is coming our way. No question about it.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#635 Trelane42

Trelane42

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

No question Lou has still got it. Take the first month out of the equation and his numbers for the rest of the season were every bit as good as Schneider's. We had zero business winning the prez trophy this year were it not for those two taking turns robbing everybody in sight in the second half when the offence disappeared.

Big, big risk for Mikey anyway he goes. Been thinking about that series clincher (so-so) goal by LA against Schneider, and how it would have felt were it Luango in net. Not liking where such train of thought leads. Burkie's "goalie graveyard" comment is still as true as ever.

Speaking of which, him and Gillis both took in a Heat-Marlies game today. Maybe the focus really ought to be there. Haven't heard anyting new from the buds and their fans for a couple of days. Time for them to educate us on the untouchability of the likes of Finn. :)

Edited by Trelane42, 02 November 2012 - 12:28 AM.

#636 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

No question Lou has still got it. Take the first month out of the equation and his numbers for the rest of the season were every bit as good as Schneider's. We had zero business winning the prez trophy this year were it not for those two taking turns robbing everybody in sight in the second half when the offence disappeared.

Big, big risk for Mikey anyway he goes. Been thinking about that series clincher (so-so) goal by LA against Schneider, and how it would have felt were it Luango in net. Not liking where such train of thought leads. Burkie's "goalie graveyard" comment is still as true as ever.

Speaking of which, him and Gillis both took in a Heat-Marlies game today. Maybe the focus really ought to be there. Haven't heard anyting new from the buds and their fans for a couple of days. Time for them to educate us on the untouchability of the likes of Finn. :)

Did you see the goal Richards scored on Luongo from behind the goal line? Did you see his team deflate in front of him?

#637 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Did you see the goal Richards scored on Luongo from behind the goal line? Did you see his team deflate in front of him?

Do you mean the one where the Canucks were two men short? No I didn't. I saw a team take five more penalties in 11 minutes, but thanks to strong goaltending, the game remained tied.

Then I saw Byron Bitz take a 5 minute penalty, during which a Willie Mitchell point shot was deflected past Luongo by Sammy Pahlsson.

But the Canucks still did not "deflate". Alex Edler tied the game a short time later. It was a late (and lucky) bounce that gave the winning goal to Dustin Penner....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#638 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Do you mean the one where the Canucks were two men short? No I didn't. I saw a team take five more penalties in 11 minutes, but thanks to strong goaltending, the game remained tied.

Then I saw Byron Bitz take a 5 minute penalty, during which a Willie Mitchell point shot was deflected past Luongo by Sammy Pahlsson.

But the Canucks still did not "deflate". Alex Edler tied the game a short time later. It was a late (and lucky) bounce that gave the winning goal to Dustin Penner....

Soft goal from behind the goal line is Luongos nightmare, Richards knew where to shoot on him if Lou kept that out and the Canucks beat the 5 on 3 the outcome of that game would have been probably different. The team did in fact deflate and played like crap after that goal. I have been a big Luongo supporter but those weak behind the net goals he lets in are game killers. Smart players know if you shoot at his feet from bad angles you have a good chance it will go in. Enough is enough.

#639 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

Soft goal from behind the goal line is Luongos nightmare, Richards knew where to shoot on him if Lou kept that out and the Canucks beat the 5 on 3 the outcome of that game would have been probably different. The team did in fact deflate and played like crap after that goal. I have been a big Luongo supporter but those weak behind the net goals he lets in are game killers. Smart players know if you shoot at his feet from bad angles you have a good chance it will go in. Enough is enough.

That style goal was Richards trademark in the playoffs. He score multiple goals like that. Sure he was stop more often then not, but it's a sly shot on goalies cheating for a pass.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#640 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

Luongo, Ballard, Raymond, 1st

Gardiner, Colborne, Kulemin

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Kulemin-Lapierre-Hansen
Colborne-Malhotra-Higgins

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Garrison
Gardiner Tanev
Connauton

Schneider
Lack

Edited by Merci, 02 November 2012 - 09:45 AM.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#641 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

I'd love for this trade to happen but somewhere along the line, the media determined Lyongo wasn't worth anything useful, if Gillis was getting offered this the trade would have been done by now

#642 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,263 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

The obvious target, if we're dealing with Edmonton, is probably Paajarvi. A realistic deal might be something like Luongo + Ballard for Paajarvi.

Just when I thought it wasn't possible, you manage to trump yourself.

The "obvious target"? Another left winger - who if falling off the charts in Edmonton - (after three Luongo threads, hundreds of pages, and as many arguments, you are still oblivious to what the Canucks need?) - and Luongo alone isn't enough to land him?

Beyond facepalm.

"Paajarvi, however, no longer appears part of the picture. Or rather, he has been brushed aside to Edmonton’s minor-league affiliate in Oklahoma City after a disappointing season where he managed two goals and six assists, was a healthy scratch for seven games, and could not elevate his game past third- or fourth-line duty."

http://sports.nation...-the-farm-team/
He lost his third line minutes to Ryan Jones, a guy the Oilers plucked off waivers from Nashville, and found himself neck and neck with Lennart Petrell (who, you ask?) on the depth chart, not suitable for the fourth line role filled by Ben Eager.

If the Canucks were even interested, it would be as a project whose value has plummeted - Paajarvi is a mere secondary piece in a Luongo deal.
Is this an ingenious overpay when his value is low strategy?

Edited by oldnews, 02 November 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#643 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Agree with old news.
Puke in my mouth to trading Luongo and Ballard for MPS.

#644 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

Just when I thought it wasn't possible, you manage to trump yourself.

The "obvious target"? Another left winger - who if falling off the charts in Edmonton - (after three Luongo threads, hundreds of pages, and as many arguments, you are still oblivious to what the Canucks need?) - and Luongo alone isn't enough to land him?

Beyond facepalm.

Yes, the "obvious target". Yours might be Jordan Eberle, but I prefer to live on this planet called Earth. MPS is a good player who was sent down last year for seasoning - and maybe to help make sure that Edmonton was as bad as they were (possible).

He's younger than Kassian, yet he's somehow "falling off the charts" in Edmonton. That's rich. He had 15 goals and 34 points as a rookie, had an injury-plagued sophomore season, and you're now writing him off? He's also averaged nearly a point per game in the AHL since being there.

Go ask Oiler fans if they'd give up MPS for Luongo. Some might, which is why this trade is fair. Others would think that we're crazy.

#645 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

Yes, the "obvious target". Yours might be Jordan Eberle, but I prefer to live on this planet called Earth. MPS is a good player who was sent down last year for seasoning - and maybe to help make sure that Edmonton was as bad as they were (possible).

He's younger than Kassian, yet he's somehow "falling off the charts" in Edmonton. That's rich. He had 15 goals and 34 points as a rookie, had an injury-plagued sophomore season, and you're now writing him off? He's also averaged nearly a point per game in the AHL since being there.

Go ask Oiler fans if they'd give up MPS for Luongo. Some might, which is why this trade is fair. Others would think that we're crazy.

I doubt the Oilers would want to part with Paajarvi for Luongo.If the Oilers would to trade for Luongo it would be for tertiary prospects ie: Omark, Hamilton, Martindale.

#646 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

CDC: Where allowing a goal on a 5-3 early in a game makes you a scapegoat for an eventual one (lucky) goal loss....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#647 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

I doubt the Oilers would want to part with Paajarvi for Luongo.If the Oilers would to trade for Luongo it would be for tertiary prospects ie: Omark, Hamilton, Martindale.

Of course they wouldn't. He was the 10th overall pick 3 years ago. He's younger than Zack Kassian, and oldnews has already written him off (even though he's currently gotten more points in less games than Zack in the AHL). I seem to recall another 10th overall pick from 2008, who some said was "falling off the charts" in Vancouver (not strong numbers in the AHL), who then broke out in 2011 - and then we traded him.

Edmonton would have to really, really want Luongo for them to give us MPS straight-up - don't forget that acquiring Luongo would also force them to either move Dubnyk or Khabibulin.

#648 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Of course they wouldn't. He was the 10th overall pick 3 years ago. He's younger than Zack Kassian, and oldnews has already written him off (even though he's currently gotten more points in less games than Zack in the AHL). I seem to recall another 10th overall pick from 2008, who some said was "falling off the charts" in Vancouver (not strong numbers in the AHL), who then broke out in 2011 - and then we traded him.

Edmonton would have to really, really want Luongo for them to give us MPS straight-up - don't forget that acquiring Luongo would also force them to either move Dubnyk or Khabibulin.

Khabibulin is done. He is still having roin issues this off season. Oilers want to get rid of Khabibulin anyway they can ie waivers, trade, buyout, IR, etc.IMO Dubnyk would have trade value to a team like Columbus. Maybe a three-way trade can be worked out.

#649 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,931 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

King of ES thinks Oilers wouldn't trade MPS straight-up for Luongo?

That's nothing short of bat-s*** crazy. Of course they would - and of course we wouldn't.

Although, he'd be a good piece as part of a package. And with Oilers' other forwards, he's a virtual afterthought to him.

I am also in favour of moving Ballard - and Edmonton may actually be a destination that would value him. I could see a smaller trade involving KB4 over Lu going to a division rival.

Edited by D-Money, 02 November 2012 - 03:16 PM.

Posted Image

#650 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

King of ES thinks Oilers wouldn't trade MPS straight-up for Luongo?

That's nothing short of bat-s*** crazy. Of course they would - and of course we wouldn't.

Although, he'd be a good piece as part of a package. And with Oilers' other forwards, he's a virtual afterthought to him.

I am also in favour of moving Ballard - and Edmonton may actually be a destination that would value him. I could see a smaller trade involving KB4 over Lu going to a division rival.

The quasi-proposal that I had brought up was Lu & Ballard for MPS.

MPS is younger than Kassian, which I think a few people around here clearly need a reminder on. Would you all trade Kassian for a guy like Lecavalier?

#651 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

MPS is younger than Kassian, which I think a few people around here clearly need a reminder on. Would you all trade Kassian for a guy like Lecavalier?

MPS and Kassian - both drafted in 09. Both born in 91, MPS in April while Kass in January. Now 3 months is a significant factor in judging age?

As per Kassian for Lecalvalier, it's not exactly a fair comparison. MPS value has sharply dropped, while Lecalvalier's contract has a significantly higher cap hit of 7 mil than Lu's 5.3m.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#652 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,931 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

<p>

If Kassian was an average-sized perimeter player, and we had RHN, Hall, Eberle, and Yakupov to do everything he could possibly do (but far better), and Lecavalier only had a 5.3 cap hit...damn straight I would trade Zach for Vinny!
Posted Image

#653 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,156 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'm pretty sure at some point, Steve Tambo spoke to MIke Gillis, as they are pretty close friends, in regards to Luongo in a business stand point. Obviously, MIke Gillis has said in the past, if a trade makes sense he will do it, wether it's a division rival or not, he even offered up Hodgson to Division Rival Colorado for Landaskogg. Anything can happen. For me, I just want Mike Gillis to make the right trade. I don't really give a damn if Luongo ends up to a division rival if a good deal is coming our way. No question about it.

Anyone with any hockey sense would tell you that's a win for the Canucks. You don't make even value hockey deals within your division for anyone of any significant worth for risk that it comes back to bite you. That's what the Bruins did in the Kessel deal and I bet the Leafs are wishing they'd kept those 1st rounders now.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#654 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

How do you know that Tambellini and Gillis are good friends ? They were only employed with the canucks at the same time for 3 months
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#655 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Mobile

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#656 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

MPS and Kassian - both drafted in 09. Both born in 91, MPS in April while Kass in January. Now 3 months is a significant factor in judging age?

As per Kassian for Lecalvalier, it's not exactly a fair comparison. MPS value has sharply dropped, while Lecalvalier's contract has a significantly higher cap hit of 7 mil than Lu's 5.3m.

I recall Kassian being benched in the playoffs. Was that a drop in his value, too, or does it only work for MPS?

#657 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

So not only is MPS for Lu a bad trade, the Canucks are gonna throw in Ballard too, wow. Lecav and Lu is a terrible comparaison. Goaltending is a more important position. Lu is still a top goalie, Lecav isn't even close to where he used to be. Their salary and caphit isn't close. Goaltenders are know to play at a higher level for longer than forwards.
Also, Kassian brings a lot more to the table than MPS. MPS doesn't have a physical side. 10 out of 10 GMs would choose Kassian over MPS.
Has anybody ever agreed with your assessments.

Edited by sampy, 02 November 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#658 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Not sure if posted yet. Luongo interview from casino tourny at River Rock.:

#659 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

I recall Kassian being benched in the playoffs. Was that a drop in his value, too, or does it only work for MPS?

Paajarvi/Kassian comparisons aside, do you really believe Luongo is only worth a prospect who can only crack the Oilers roster half the time? Even with the less than ideal contract, Luongo is worth more than Paajarvi. Another point, your proposal of Luongo and Ballard for Paajarvi basically shows the lack of thought involved in that trade. If we are Luongo and Ballard-less, how do we compete for a cup when the window for the Canucks is closing. All that proposal did was make the Oilers better defensively and in goal, and make them give up a player who played half the season in the big leagues while tarnishing our defense of any stability if there is a season to still come. How can a team compete with an opening day roster of this:
Daniel Sedin / Henrik Sedin / Alexandre Burrows
David Booth / Jordan Schroeder / Zack Kassian
Chris Higgins / Maxim Lapierre / Jannik Hansen
Mason Raymond / Manny Malhotra / Dale Weise

Dan Hamhuis / Kevin Bieksa
Kevin Connauton / Chris Tanev
Andrew Alberts / _______

Cory Schneider
Eddie Lack.

Paajarvi would either be somewhere in the bottom six or the AHL, giving us no help as we have plenty bottom six forwards in our system. With Kesler, Garrison and Edler injured, Ballard and Luongo gone for an AHL/bottom six forward, we have zero defense, zero scoring and good goaltending.

So, would you rather have:
Team A:
Team A with injuries:
Aaron Volpatti / Magnus Paajarvi

Kevin Connauton / Chris Tanev
Andrew Alberts / Yann Sauve
Derek Joslin

Cory Schneider
Eddie Lack

Healthy:
David Booth / Ryan Kesler / Zack Kassian
Aaron Volpatti / Magnus Paajarvi

Jason Garrison / Alex Edler
Andrew Alberts / Chris Tanev
Kevin Connauton

Cory Schneider
Eddie Lack.

OR

Team B:
Injuries included:
Aaron Volpatti / Andrew Ebbett

Keith Ballard / Chris Tanev
Andrew Alberts / Kevin Connauton
Yann Sauve

Roberto Luongo
Cory Schneider

Healthy:
David Booth / Ryan Kesler / Zack Kassian
Aaron Volpatti / Andrew Ebbett

Jason Garrison / Alex Edler
Keith Ballard / Chris Tanev
Andrew Alberts

Roberto Luongo
Cory Schneider

If you compare teams A & B, it seems obvious to me.

Edited by JimLahey, 02 November 2012 - 09:59 PM.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#660 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,263 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

I seem to recall another 10th overall pick from 2008, who some said was "falling off the charts" in Vancouver (not strong numbers in the AHL), who then broke out in 2011 - and then we traded him.

It's ironing that you should compare MPS to Hodgson. What else do they have in common? That you have grossly and prematurely over-rated them. They are young players who are struggling to handle the NHL game, where they can't simply coast on stick skills alone. They're not "write offs" - they are players who are going to take seasons before they make the kind of impact projected, if they develop into the players people like you think they already are. And who really cares about Hodgson - we aren't talking about trading Luongo (and Ballard) for Hodgson - you're talking Paajarvi, who I'd give you neither Kassian nor Hodgson for, and I'd be willing to bet he wasn't one of Gillis' six targets for Hodgson. When it comes to Luongo, not only is he not the "obvious target" - he's way, way off the radar. Only you'd suggest otherwise.

I haven't "written Paajarvi off" - I have pointed out that his value took a serious hit last year and that he's certainly not worth a legitimate franchise goaltender yet, let alone Luongo and Ballard. Lots of players are selected in the top ten of the draft who never reach projections, or have serious speed bumps in their development. You are notorious for undervaluing Canucks and pumping opposition players regardless of their actual production. Your two proposals so far are among the worst I've seen on CDC. You've suggested bringing in Michael Frolik and now want to extremely overpay for Paajarvi (who combined for 7 goals and 16 assists last year) - what solutions you have for the top six!!! And you are the person who cries "window" endlessly - neither of those guys could crack the Canucks top six next year, if they could make the roster at all. This is not a deal where the Canucks are moving a disgruntled prospect like Hodgson for another prospect. Terrible returns you are proposing for Luongo - not to mention, again, that Paajarvi is a left wing and Frolik is softer than anyone on the Canucks roster. Just plain bad fits. What is it about having terrible seasons, as they both did, that makes you want to grossly overvalue them?
Edmonton would be laughing all the way to the playoffs if they could pawn off an expendable prospect for Luongo.

Edited by oldnews, 02 November 2012 - 11:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.