The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone else losing interest?

MLT

I don't know about you guys, but i've been the most DIE HARD canucks fan over the last 4 or 5 years. However, with the recent lockout i've lost interest in NHL hockey majorly.

I think mostly because with the lack of nhl this year i've gotten WAY into NFL football and a fantasy league.

I'm not sure my fandom will return to what it once was, post lockout. I'm not one of the weiners saying that i'll never watch another game. I'll obviously always be a fan and watch alot of games, but this lockout has certainly opened my eye's to the world of NFL football and other sports.

I've invested to much of myself into this sport to be let down like this.

Anyone else on the same page here?

To a certain extent, yes. I've become more focused on junior hockey than in years past, and I've really gotten into football.

Not to say I won't be back, because once hockey comes back I'll be on it like white on rice. But right now, I'm finding other ways to occupy myself until we're watching NHL hockey again.

Don't buy tickets for an entire season, though I don't think the Canucks owners are on the side of having the lockout, nor do many of the players see, to be big on having the lockout... But bottom line it'll hurt the revenue sharing the NHL so wants and the profits.

They'll still make enough anyways.

End the damn sell out streak!

No change. I'm not a big October hockey fan anyways. NHL doesn't get good until players start clicking on all cylinders which imo doesn't happen until mid November.

I'm loving the MLB playoffs, the NFL and UEFA Champions League right now.

I don't mind waiting until a right deal is signed which insures the financial health of the NHL for years to come. I'm tired of reading about NHL teams losing money and possible moves out of their respective cities.

I'll take short term lockout (even a year) for long term stability.

I watch a bit of CFL here and then. I think it is pointless for owners to fight this problem. They are multi millionaires to multi billionaires, and the players are really just millionaires. Why so greedy Bettman and the owners? No point at looking at his face when its not important.

Agree entirely. I always look forward to summer ending so hockey and hunting can get going and life returns to normal. But this year I don't seem to miss it. I love the Canucks, big fan and when they get the season going again I know I will watch, but not with the same obsession as it was before. I haven't been to a pub in months, my abs are starting to come back and I'm never hungover at work anymore.

I'm sure that when Canucks hockey begins again, my passion will renew itself.

But for the time being, I'm not missing it.

Nope. No change. I still love hockey as much as I used to. No matter how long the lockout is, as soon as it's over I'll be sitting in front of the TV watching again.

Really doesn't bother me that much that the NHL is locked out. They got **** to figure out and however long that takes is fine. Figure it out and get a deal that is fair. In the mean time I've been following and will continue to follow the CHL and AHL like crazy. And a little of the KHL.

Archived