35 replies to this topic

#1 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Here's a new theory about who killed OJ Simpsons ex-wife. This film claims a man on Florida's death row did the crime.

Glen Rogers claimed he was hired by OJ to steal some jewellery but he killed the two people.

But then OJ Simpson would still have committed a crime by hiring that guy to steal jewellery. Especially when two people died. OJ also told Rogers to "kill the bitch if necessary".

http://www.theaustra...6-1226520081030

http://www.thestar.c...-and-her-friend

BTW, the film will be shown on the discovery channel on wednesday.

Edited by DonLever, 20 November 2012 - 07:47 AM.

#2 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

So why didn't OJ say anything about this before? Being convicted of robbing jewellery would have been a far less serious offense during his murder trial.

#3 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,378 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

It's a nice setup for an OJ film.

#4 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,285 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

If he indeed had said to kill her if needed isn't that conspiracy to commit murder?
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#5 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

As Kim Goldman (sister of second victim, Ron Goldman) says:

“I am appalled at the level of irresponsibility demonstrated by the network and the producers of this so-called documentary,” Kim Goldman said. “This is the first time we are hearing about this story, and considering that their ‘main character,’ Glen Rodgers, confessed to stabbing my brother and Nicole to death, you would think we would be in the loop.”

http://www.thestar.c...-and-her-friend

I'm sure a simple polygraph test would have been administered already if there were any credibility to this inmate's story and the results released to the public. The biggest story that riveted people to the edge of their seats for a few years yet this is the first anyone is hearing about this 'stunning revelation'? Not buying it for a second.

So why didn't OJ say anything about this before? Being convicted of robbing jewellery would have been a far less serious offense during his murder trial.

Exactly this.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 20 November 2012 - 09:25 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#6 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,918 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

If I never have to hear the name OJ Simpson again, it'll be too soon.

All I can think of when I hear something like this is the poor Simpson children/Goldman family. Subjecting them to reliving the horrific loss of their loved ones is so awful. For Christ sake, a movie? Even if this was true, do we need a movie?

Posted Image

#7 AriGold

AriGold

Hairy Old

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

Accessory to murder, He knew he would get off the murder charge. Sending somebody to the house puts him in the cold hard seat compared to a murder charge he didn't commit.

Posted Image

#8 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

In the US, this is classified as 4th degree murder for OJ, 2nd Degree for Rodgers

Idk what it is in Canada because we only have 1st/2nd degree.

Edited by Henrik Sedin, 20 November 2012 - 09:37 AM.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#9 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Oh well, crazy OJ Simpson stories are a dime a dozen nowadays.
Posted Image

#10 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

I am going out on a limb here. I state for the record there is a 99% chance OJ Simpson was in fact the killer of his wife and Goldman.

Just sayin.............
Posted Image

#11 Dral

Dral

Puts the Dr in Drunk

• Members
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

I'm sure a simple polygraph test would have been administered already if there were any credibility to this inmate's story and the results released to the public. The biggest story that riveted people to the edge of their seats for a few years yet this is the first anyone is hearing about this 'stunning revelation'? Not buying it for a second.

People still believe in polygraph tests?

Fruits?

Lord Peaches' gut is telling him that the drunken fool, aka Dral, is 100% mafia.

MVP?

Dral is 100% mafia or I will masteb_ _ _ _ a cow and like it

GOATis?

Vig kill dral he never talks like this when he's not mafia.

#12 RonMexico

RonMexico

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

Exactly this.

Polygraph testing proves nothing. However, OJ is guilty in the court of public opinion and just had really good lawyering on his side.

Edited by RonMexico, 20 November 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#13 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

Only the network will make money out of this outlandish story. My sympathies are with the two victims and their families. I feel the network should have thought about it one more time and axed this documentary. Truth is, it's about money and advertising. People will watch it, advertisers will spend their money, and the victims are thrown under the bus again.

Edited by Snake Doctor, 20 November 2012 - 01:20 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Not as the be all and end all but it can provide some information as to areas to explore further.

#15 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Polygraph testing proves nothing. However, OJ is guilty in the court of public opinion and just had really good lawyering on his side.

See my response to Dral. OJ is guilty. Sleazy lawyer tricks allowed him to walk away scot free on a brutal double murder.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 20 November 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#16 Dral

Dral

Puts the Dr in Drunk

• Members
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Not as the be all and end all but it can provide some information as to areas to explore further.

Heh, so can psychics

Fruits?

Lord Peaches' gut is telling him that the drunken fool, aka Dral, is 100% mafia.

MVP?

Dral is 100% mafia or I will masteb_ _ _ _ a cow and like it

GOATis?

Vig kill dral he never talks like this when he's not mafia.

#17 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,436 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Heh, so can psychics

Fizz Chicks?
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

#18 RonMexico

RonMexico

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

See my response to Dral. OJ is guilty. Sleazy lawyer tricks allowed him to walk away scot free on a brutal double murder.

Wrong. According to the letter of the law, he is not guilty. Despite what you, or I or anyone else thinks, he was proven innocent of murder.

#19 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Wrong. According to the letter of the law, he is not guilty. Despite what you, or I or anyone else thinks, he was proven innocent of murder.

He was found not guilty which is quite different from from being innocent. Being found not guilty means the prosecution did not prove its case. He still could have done the murder and got away with it.. In fact, some jurors in that case believed that OJ killed his ex-wife but the prosecustion did not proved it. Which sometimes happens in murder cases. Like the famous Lizze Borden case. She was found not guilty but evidence suggests she killed her parents.

Edited by DonLever, 20 November 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#20 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

if the glove fits...

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#21 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Here is a link to a article that gives a good summary of the OJ Simpson murder case and have lots of pictures, including Glen Rogers, who "confesses" to the murder.

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

In this article, there was a book earlier this year claiming OJ Simpson's son killed Nicole and Ron. And OJ covered up the murders.

So we now have 3 theories out there:

1. OJ did it.
2. OJ's son did it.
3.Death Row Inmate Glen Rogers Did it.

And more to come? Its like the D.B. Cooper Story, the guy that hijacked a plane, got $200,000 in ransom, jumped out and never seen again. Every once in a while, somone comes forward saying he was my father, brother, uncle, etc.

Or the Jimmy Hoffa case, where someone knows where he was buried, so many claims out there.

Edited by DonLever, 20 November 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#22 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

I lived in the US at the time of the murders and trial. Watched the entire trial. The evidence was not there to convict OJ. The media formed the public's mind. The talking heads would go on TV every night and act like it was a certainty OJ did it. Whilst the evidence did not show it that way.

OJ's blood found at the crime scene was planted. It had a preservative called EDTA in it which is not found naturally in human blood. It's added in the lab to preserve the blood.

1.5 CC of blood collected from OJ was missing, which is quite a bit of blood to just disappear. This missing blood was planted at the crime scene.

America was a different place in the early 90's as compared to now. Race relations were not what they are now.

#23 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

I lived in the US at the time of the murders and trial. Watched the entire trial. The evidence was not there to convict OJ. The media formed the public's mind. The talking heads would go on TV every night and act like it was a certainty OJ did it. Whilst the evidence did not show it that way.

OJ's blood found at the crime scene was planted. It had a preservative called EDTA in it which is not found naturally in human blood. It's added in the lab to preserve the blood.

1.5 CC of blood collected from OJ was missing, which is quite a bit of blood to just disappear. This missing blood was planted at the crime scene.

America was a different place in the early 90's as compared to now. Race relations were not what they are now.

Please, do illuminate us with the reason the police would have for hatching an elaborate scheme to frame OJ Simpson. And could you please explain how the huge number of people that would be necessary to carry off a setup of this magnitude have been able to keep their mouths shut about it for so long. Really, I'm looking forward to reading your pithy response. Were you in the courtroom for the entire trial?

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 20 November 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#24 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,793 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Please illuminate us with the reason the police would have for hatching an elaborate scheme to frame OJ Simpson. Really, I'm looking forward to reading your pithy response. Were you in the courtroom for the entire trial?

There was a legitimate reason to frame OJ for murder .. they were trying to prevent him from making one more damn Naked Gun movie .. plain and simple .. they tried to frame Leslie Nielsen for outlandish fart jokes but he plead guilty, after slipping a whoopee cushion under the Prosecutors arse .. true story .. :rolleyes:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#25 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

There was a legitimate reason to frame OJ for murder .. they were trying to prevent him from making one more damn Naked Gun movie .. plain and simple .. they tried to frame Leslie Nielsen for outlandish fart jokes but he plead guilty, after slipping a whoopee cushion under the Prosecutors arse .. true story .. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#26 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

+1
Posted Image

#27 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

I cannot even begin to describe to you what I think of your post.
Posted Image

#28 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Exactly this.

Polygraph tests don't work. If they did I would be out of a job
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#29 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,823 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

who cares

the dead dont suffer the living
Posted Image

#30 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Please, do illuminate us with the reason the police would have for hatching an elaborate scheme to frame OJ Simpson. And could you please explain how the huge number of people that would be necessary to carry off a setup of this magnitude have been able to keep their mouths shut about it for so long. Really, I'm looking forward to reading your pithy response. Were you in the courtroom for the entire trial?

First, I'm not sure of your age but the OJ Simpson trial was broadcast on live TV, CNN. So the court room was my living room.

Second, It's a fact ( according to his own testimony) that Det Vanatter had control of OJ's blood, he took a vial of this blood to OJ's house in an unsealed envelope. Some of the blood went missing. The sample of OJ's blood collected at the scene was tested to see who's blood it was. When they tested the blood they confirmed it was OJ's but they also found it contained ETDA in it. This is a preservative added to blood in the vial. There is only one place it could have come from and that's the blood the police had in their possession.

Third, I am only speaking of the evidence that came out on trial. What did come out was Mark Fuhrman's tapes and his friend's testimony on Fuhrman's racist beliefs. Probably some of the most racist language you'll hear. He talks about doing all sorts of things to N****s. He was later convicted for perjury for lying under oath at the OJ trial.

In his own testimony Fuhrman was asked if he had ever planted evidence on a suspect. He plead the 5th because he did not want to incriminate him self.

As far as being a huge conspiracy and the whole LA police department knowing that's not how things work. Why would it be a huge setup? A cop has your blood, he leaves a few drops at a location and later discovers it. The blood he leaves has a preservative in it that could not be natural. It could be 1 or 2 cops, it would never 100's of ppl.

If you think police don't plant evidence on ppl (especially blacks) in the US then you are much too naive and inexperienced in life to have this conversation. The world is a big place, not every city is like the Kits neighborhood in Vancouver. Back then it was common for police to plant a bit of evidence on a black man in the US.

If the police thought OJ was guilty they wouldn't mind going the extra mile to close the deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.