Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,303 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Umm that was my point?

1. You said the leafs are giving up on him

2. the IMPLICATION and clear result of that is what i have said all along - that he is not good enough.

3. Since you agree the leafs are giving up on him when even hockey experts at tsn agree one of their two biggest holes is at center and he can't make that sqaud.

4. Why in the world do you think he is so great and want him?. lol

You proved MY point with your comment. Your logic is completely flawed.

Really kids, need to learn a bit more reading comprehension, getting tired of having to draw the map for simple conclusions...

1. Yeah I have they continue to hold him down and it would just be better for them to trade him now while his value is still high and watch him breakout elsewhere.

2. You logic is so contradicting it's a joke. You say it makes no sense for the Leafs to trade Kadri since they need a #1 center, which Kadri isn't the answer to anyways so it doesn't make sense. THEN you say he will be a career AHLer so how does it matter if the leafs trade him or not since you don't think he will ever fill that need? your logic is plain contradicting and stupid.

3. Ties in with #2^

4. Cause he has a high skill level, is NHL ready, can play wing, can could fit on our 2nd line, especially now that there are 2 holes on it Wing and Center. And if not he is still only 22, has high upside IMO (You obviously don't share that view) And our prospect pool is the weakest part of our organization, adding him would give much needed quality.

Your little chirp really hurt, I think I'm gunna go cry myself to sleep.

zackass.png

#812 amkia

amkia

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Lp
Posted Image
credit goes to egatti

#813 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Whitney can be their Campbell (#3/#4 Dman). Versteeg, sorry but Hall is already better and Hemsky is still there so forget Versteeg. Burish? Dime a dozen. Byfuglien? The guy who destroyed Luongo's crease? They have Ryan Smyth who does that as well as Holmstrom (who's better at it than Buff).

Seabrook, Hossa, Ladd. Those are the three pieces they are currently missing from Cup victory and Ladd will be the hardest find if Klefbom pans out. Incidentily, I said the Oilers are at the 07/08 Blackhawk stage (that could surprise in a shortened season with a Kesler-less Canucks team). Guess who didn't join the Hawks until 2009-2010 (two years later)? Marian Hossa.

That leaves Ladd & Seabrook.

So who's going to be their 'stand on his head' goalie? Dubnyk?

#814 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Well ofcourse in 4 years he could turn out to be a great player , perhaps win the Cup by then.

That's what I was saying originally about the Oilers being good enough to win a Cup in few years, not this year or next.

You are saying they are close and will win the division this year and The Stanley Cup next year.

lol

I'll leave your misrepresentation of my position in your post, ignore it and answer the Schultz/Keith question.

In '07/'08 Keith was two years older than Schultz is now but offensively Schultz is way ahead of Keith's development (by at least a year if not two imo), and he's had four years of great defensive coaching from Mike Eaves so at worst I see him as being behind Keith's trajectory by a year max (in terms of play at the same age).

That might push my trajectory back a year and instead of barely missing in '12/'13, conference finals in '13/'14, and Cup in '14/'15, it could be conference finals '14/'15 and Cup in '15/'16. Either way it's a scary proposition giving a conference rival like Edmonton an asset we all agree that we will not receive qual value for.

Send him East please.

KK I understand. Yeah I didn't mean to paint you in any corner or anything like that. I just don't think the Oilers are close yet. They will be great but not yet. I guess your actual view is much closer to mine. Sometimes we all make a quick post and say something we don't actually believe abut kinda think about it in the back of our mind..

Fair enough. It was simply poor communication on my part, imo. I'm not sure if you've been married or in a LTR but if you have than you know all about how things said externally don't necessary convey entirely what's being thought internally.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#815 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

That's what the whole point of that exchange (on page 18 was it?) was all about.

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#816 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

1. Yeah I have they continue to hold him down and it would just be better for them to trade him now while his value is still high and watch him breakout elsewhere.

2. You logic is so contradicting it's a joke. You say it makes no sense for the Leafs to trade Kadri since they need a #1 center, which Kadri isn't the answer to anyways so it doesn't make sense. THEN you say he will be a career AHLer so how does it matter if the leafs trade him or not since you don't think he will ever fill that need? your logic is plain contradicting and stupid.

3. Ties in with #2^

4. Cause he has a high skill level, is NHL ready, can play wing, can could fit on our 2nd line, especially now that there are 2 holes on it Wing and Center. And if not he is still only 22, has high upside IMO (You obviously don't share that view) And our prospect pool is the weakest part of our organization, adding him would give much needed quality.

Your little chirp really hurt, I think I'm gunna go cry myself to sleep.

Umm WOW!!!!!!!!

HOW MANY TIMES TO EXPLAIN THROUGH YOUR THICKNESS DUDE!!!

1. They have a hole at center
2. IF KADRI IS AS GOOD AS YOU SAY WELL HE WOULD FILL THAT HOLE RIGHT!!!!

MY LOGIC ISN'T FLAWED YOURS IS!

I have said he's junk all along and thats why he can't fill that hole!!! Yet you say, the leafs are losing faith in him when they have that hole at center!!! WHAT DOES THAT TELL MOST LOGICAL HUMAN BEINGS!!!!

You are living proof our education system has failed. Reading comprehension is an important tool...go practice.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 09 January 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#817 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'll leave your misrepresentation of my position in your post, ignore it and answer the Schultz/Keith question.

In '07/'08 Keith was two years older than Schultz is now but offensively Schultz is way ahead of Keith's development (by at least a year if not two imo), and he's had four years of great defensive coaching from Mike Eaves so at worst I see him as being behind Keith's trajectory by a year max (in terms of play at the same age).

That might push my trajectory back a year and instead of barely missing in '12/'13, conference finals in '13/'14, and Cup in '14/'15, it could be conference finals '14/'15 and Cup in '15/'16. Either way it's a scary proposition giving a conference rival like Edmonton an asset we all agree that we will not receive qual value for.

Send him East please.

Fair enough. It was simply poor communication on my part, imo. I'm not sure if you've been married or in a LTR but if you have than you know all about how things said externally don't necessary convey entirely what's being thought internally.

No I have no question Schults could be great.

You may recall our lengthy discussion before Schultz signed with EDM, you thought he would come to Vancouver and I argued no way he comes here as Edmonton made more sense for him to sign with. We are both familiar with the player.

I don't have a problem with where you think he will be in a few years. It was a bit of miscommunication on both our part. I thought your position was that all Oilers were already close because of the "could win division this year" post.

#818 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Luongo.

#819 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Coming from the guy who based all of Brassards value on him being drafted 4th overall and still having "high upside" bispite never putting up more than 40 points in a season over what 6 years?, I find that contradictingly funny.

Not exactly. Derick Brassard was one of the most productive offensive players in the entire NHL in 2008-09 (as a rookie). 25 points in 31 games, +12, and in very limited minutes.

There is a method behind the fact that I value him high - at least higher than whatever BS proposal you thought up for him (I believe it was the usual suspect - Mason Raymond). Yes, that's right; you wanted to acquire Derick Brassard. Remember?

Should we have given Ebbett the shot ahead of Cody last year? Ebbett had more experiance than him too? By your logic I guess we should have. Cause Schroeder is a more complete player and better player now than Cody was in camp last year, and now you are the biggest Hodgson fan. I don't understand why you aren't willing to give him a shot, this guy is determined and ready, the more I see of him the more I am impressed.

Ebbett did make the team last year, did he not? He got a concussion and lost his spot.

And LOL at the notion that Schroeder is a "more complete" player than Cody Hodgson. Give it up, dude.

#820 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

The reality is that it would probably help either way, because Luongo will just fetch us less the longer that we hold on to him.

Fetch us less? Let him play five games and he'll earn his rightful starting job back. Then Gillis can come to reality and trade Schneider.

Trading him already would be the biggest mistake.

I don't care if Lu goes to Toronto for Gardiner and two first picks... and chokes in t.o. and we c Schneider win 10 back to back cups and vezinas in the future. It's simply not the right choice to give the reigns of a team expectimg to compete for a cup to a guy who hasn't played a full season as a starter.

Posted Image

Thank you Roberto =(

#821 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Who was Chicago's? Niemi?

#822 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,134 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Fetch us less? Let him play five games and he'll earn his rightful starting job back. Then Gillis can come to reality and trade Schneider.

Trading him already would be the biggest mistake.

I don't care if Lu goes to Toronto for Gardiner and two first picks... and chokes in t.o. and we c Schneider win 10 back to back cups and vezinas in the future. It's simply not the right choice to give the reigns of a team expectimg to compete for a cup to a guy who hasn't played a full season as a starter.

How does that make any sense.

It would be the right choice if Schneider wins the cup - as that is the whole purpose of the NHL
Posted Image

#823 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,303 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Umm WOW!!!!!!!!

I have said he's junk all along and thats why he can't fill that hole!!! Yet you say, the leafs are losing faith in him when they have that hole at center!!! WHAT DOES THAT TELL MOST LOGICAL HUMAN BEINGS!!!!

You are living proof our education system has failed. Reading comprehension is an important tool...go practice.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your living proof you can't read and have no hockey sense whatsoever, BTW I can turn it all around and make that same argument right back at you (Which is what you did in your reply) So no need to freak out & lose your cool like you actually know what your talking about, and everyone who doesn't agree with your dumb posts knows nothing in comparison to you.

When did I say Kadri was a first liner? I said he has the offensive skillset to play on our 2nd line, if not he is a good prospect, he wouldn't fill the Leafs hole on the 1st line infact I said that in my last post if you would learn to read.

You say it makes no sense for the Leafs to trade Kadri since they need a #1 center, which Kadri isn't the answer to anyways so it doesn't make sense. THEN you say he will be a career AHLer so how does it matter if the leafs trade him or not since you don't think he will ever fill that need? your logic is plain contradicting and stupid.

Just stop, you obviously can't read and can't make an argument that actually present's logic.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 09 January 2013 - 05:47 PM.

zackass.png

#824 JordanEberle

JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Umm WOW!!!!!!!!

dude relax. Kadri is still just a kid, he hasn't had a very successful development so far in the Tornoto system so hes fallen behind a bit, but he may still have a high ceiling, I think given the right curcumstances, perhaps growing with kassian, he could still turn out fine. The point is he is still super young and its pretty tough to tell how he will develop.

Also stop arguing with Smashian Kassian, hes one of the few people on this board whose opinion I actually value.
Posted Image
Credit: Garrett-6

#825 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,041 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

You're saying Bozak, Gardiner, and a 1st isn't enough?

I think he meant he was speechless because it would be a good deal.

I think that deal would be perfect for what we need. We need a second line center to fill in for Kesler while he's out. We need a number 6/7 defenseman who could potentially replace Edler in the future if he walks. And the 1st round pick would just be a cherry on top.

Not at all.

No kidding, I'm not a big fan of Bozak (being a pending UFA who probably wants too big a raise next year for what he actually brings) and Gardiner's great but not very physical and dealing with a concussion, but it'd be hard to ask for more than that considering Toronto's prospects.

Meaning I'm agreeing it's a pretty good deal. The only way to improve on it might be prospects that more specifically meet our needs (say Bjugstad, Ellerby and a 1st) but Toronto just doesn't have that in the system. They have some good prospects, but we either won't get them (like Rielly) or they don't fit our needs (like Scrivens).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#826 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

You guys think Bozak and Gardiner would be better than Kadri and Gardiner for the present?

We aren't getting a 1st on top of either of those 2 proposals so stop with the + 1st stuff, please.

Edited by WHL rocks, 09 January 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#827 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,134 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

You guys think Bozak and Gardiner would be better than Kadri and Gardiner for the present?

Based solely because Kesler is injured - Bozak and Gardiner.

But - getting Kadri and Gardiner would be just a coup for the Canucks.
Posted Image

#828 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,303 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Not exactly. Derick Brassard was one of the most productive offensive players in the entire NHL in 2008-09 (as a rookie). 25 points in 31 games, +12, and in very limited minutes.

There is a method behind the fact that I value him high - at least higher than whatever BS proposal you thought up for him (I believe it was the usual suspect - Mason Raymond). Yes, that's right; you wanted to acquire Derick Brassard. Remember?

Schroeder had 9 Points in 11 Games when he joined the Moose as a 19 year old, so I guess he is in the same boat u think Brassard is in judging by your logic.

Raymond, Rodin, 5th? Raymond who has proven he has the potential to score 25+ and Brassard who hasn't proven to be anything more than a 3rd liner, also adding a solid prospect that you know nothing about and then the pick, that's not fair additions to struggling players? Doesn't surprised me alot of the most logical posters on CDC liked it and said it was a good proposal, I guess your not in that group.

Ebbett did make the team last year, did he not? He got a concussion and lost his spot.

And LOL at the notion that Schroeder is a "more complete" player than Cody Hodgson. Give it up, dude.

Lost his spot? He was a depth player who played every once in awhile and on the 4th line when he did play, but judging by your logic he should have gotten the 3rd line spot over Coho since he has more experianced, played on the Ducks 2nd PP, and all that other garbage you mentioned.

And you think Schroeder isn't a complete player? LOL take the Cody glasses off, Schroeder is fast, better defensively, he's a far more explosive player, he much more elusive, and unlike Cody he can take the puck end to end and doesn't generate most his offense in contained situation.

Cody is just futher ahead, when you break down there games you will see Schroeder's is the more complete player.

zackass.png

#829 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,303 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

dude relax. Kadri is still just a kid, he hasn't had a very successful development so far in the Tornoto system so hes fallen behind a bit, but he may still have a high ceiling, I think given the right curcumstances, perhaps growing with kassian, he could still turn out fine. The point is he is still super young and its pretty tough to tell how he will develop.

Also stop arguing with Smashian Kassian, hes one of the few people on this board whose opinion I actually value.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

zackass.png

#830 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,446 posts

No I have no question Schults could be great.

You may recall our lengthy discussion before Schultz signed with EDM, you thought he would come to Vancouver and I argued no way he comes here as Edmonton made more sense for him to sign with. We are both familiar with the player.

I don't have a problem with where you think he will be in a few years. It was a bit of miscommunication on both our part. I thought your position was that all Oilers were already close because of the "could win division this year" post.

Ah that part had to do with what I see as a gargantuan hole in our lineup that's out until the playoffs (according to agent whispers), the possibility Luongo isn't moved this year, which when coupled w/ Kes being out could cost us a playoff spot altogether, and Edmonton getting off to a blazing start much like they did last year. I think they can sustain a more even pace this year with the addition of Schultz (not sure how Nail'll fair but he could really bump it up a notch if he's dynamic) and in what basically amounts to half a season that pace doesn't need to be so high with all the question marks in this division.

Edit: Oh, and Bolland was missing from my comparison post. Pretty signification accidental omission on my part. ;) His equivalent is probably an even tougher find than Ladd unless they can get him as an UFA in '14/'15 (unlikely - I think he's a 'Hawk for life and if it weren't for his hate for all things 'Nucks/Vancouver I'd gladly swap Luongo for him).

Edited by Millerdraft, 09 January 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#831 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,303 posts

For the present, Bozak would fit this teams needs more than Kadri IMO.

Bozak can be a bandaid on the second line while Kesler is out, and then can drop down and be a much more suitable third liner. I don't think Kadri brings what we need for the playoffs. At least not yet.

As for the future, I think Gaunce will be a solid third liner in a few years. And for the time being, I think Schroeder is just as capable of filling in as Kadri would be. Both are softer sklled players.

And I think a 1st or 2nd round pick would have to be added, because Bozak adds less value to the trade considering he's a pending UFA.

Edited by DeNiro, 09 January 2013 - 05:57 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#832 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your living proof you can't read and have no hockey sense whatsoever, BTW I can turn it all around and make that same argument right back at you (Which is what you did in your reply) So no need to freak out & lose your cool like you actually know what your talking about, and everyone who doesn't agree with your dumb posts knows nothing in comparison to you.

When did I say Kadri was a first liner? I said he has the offensive skillset to play on our 2nd line, if not he is a good prospect, he wouldn't fill the Leafs hole on the 1st line infact I said that in my last post if you would learn to read.

Just stop, you obviously can't read and can't make an argument that actually present's logic.

you better get some help before you enter the real world because your logic and reading comprehension level is that of a 6 yr old.

If he is a HIGH QUALITY CENTER PROSPECT (1 OR 2) THE LEAFS WOULD NOT BE GIVING UP ON HIM. the latter --- WHICH YOU SAID YOURSELF!!!!!

SECONDLY, I NEVER STATED YOU SAID HE'S A NUMBER 1 SO DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

MY POINT FOR THE 800TH TIME IS SIMPLE

IF HE IS SUCH A TERRIFIC CENTER AND THE LEAFS HAVE A HOLE A CENTER (AND NOWHERE DID I SAY JUST NUMBER 1 AND CLEARLY THEY HAVE ISSUES AT THE CENTER POSN IN GENERAL IF JVR IS BEING MOVED TO THAT POSN ya think???A

AND THERE IS NEVER A REASON TO TRADE A PROMISING CENTER FROM YOUR ORGANIZATION IF YOU ARE WEAK IN THAT POSITION).At worst as you say he can be moved to the wing. Its not like the leafs have a ton of offensive forwards.

I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CANT UNDERSTAND THAT BUT WHATEVER.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 09 January 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#833 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,303 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

YOU ARE AS DUMB AS BRICKS KID...you better get some help before you enter the real world because your logic and reading comprehension level is that of a 6 yr old.

:lol: Haha and you have proven your intelligence by using your post to insult me rather than actually address my points with more of your terrible logic.

Nice one.

zackass.png

#834 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,134 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Things are getting more interesting.

james duthieVerified@tsnjamesduthie
Despite some denials, the tweet earlier from @EnricoCiccone is accurate. The Flyers are interested in Roberto Luongo.

I could honestly see them acquire Luongo and then amnesty buy out Bryzgalov
Posted Image

#835 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

I love the sound of Kadri, Gardiner and 1st but Lu alone wouldn't get us that. We'd have to throw in a prospect, maybe Tanev or Connauton.

#836 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,303 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

YOU ARE AS DUMB AS BRICKS KID...you better get some help before you enter the real world because your logic and reading comprehension level is that of a 6 yr old.

If he is a HIGH QUALITY CENTER PROSPECT (1 OR 2) THE LEAFS WOULD NOT BE GIVING UP ON HIM. WHICH YOU SAID YOURSELF!!!!!

SECONDLY, I NEVER STATED YOU SAID HE'S A NUMBER 1 SO DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

MY POINT FOR THE 800TH TIME IS SIMPLE

IF HE IS SUCH A TERRIFIC CENTER AND THE LEAFS HAVE A HOLE A CENTER (AND NOWHERE DID I SAY JUST NUMBER 1 AND CLEARLY THEY HAVE ISSUES AT THE CENTER POSN IN GENERAL IF JVR IS BEING MOVED TO THAT POSN, AND THERE IS NEVER A REASON TO TRADE A PROMISING CENTER FROM YOUR ORGANIZATION IF YOU ARE WEAK IN THAT POSITION).

I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU ARE SO ABSOLUTELY STUPID YOU CANT UNDERSTAND THAT BUT WHATEVER.

Let's keep it sophisticated here.

Don't call someone a kid and then act like one yourself

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#837 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,303 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

For the present, Bozak would fit this teams needs more than Kadri IMO.

Bozak can be a bandaid on the second line while Kesler is out, and then can drop down and be a much more suitable third liner. I don't think Kadri brings what we need for the playoffs. At least not yet.

As for the future, I think Gaunce will be a solid third liner in a few years. And for the time being, I think Schroeder is just as capable of filling in as Kadri would be. Both are softer sklled players.

And I think a 1st or 2nd round pick would have to be added, because Bozak adds less value to the trade considering he's a pending UFA.

I would take the Kadri deal over the Bozak deal.

Kadri can play on the 2nd until Kes returns, and Bozak isn't really much of an improvement on Lappierre in my opinon, it's not worth taking him over the great value and future value Kadri brings.

Personally if we are going for a Rental from the leafs I would much rather McArthur than Bozak (Yes Clarke can play RW), We have a few guys capable of playing in the third line role (Lappy, Manny, maybe even JS), but no one is proven that they can fill the 2nd RW spot aside from maybe Higgins who fits alot better on the 3rd.

Just for this example I'll use Lappy in the 3C spot.

I Would much rather:

Booth - Kesler - McArthur
Higgins - Lappierre - Hansen

Than:

Booth - Kesler - Higgins
Raymond - Bozak - Hansen

zackass.png

#838 JordanEberle

JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Despite some denials, the tweet earlier from @EnricoCiccone is accurate. The Flyers are interested in Roberto Luongo.

Thats interesting, I hadn't thought of that. These amnesty buy outs really open a lot of doors that would never have existed.
Posted Image
Credit: Garrett-6

#839 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

adater ‏@adater

Quote:
Just heard what everyone else heard: Flyers are now players in Luongo hunt. #gameon

james duthie‏@tsnjamesduthie

That makes Toronto, Tampa, Florida, Edmonton, Chicago, Boston (if you believe Eklund) and now Philly as all in for Luongo. Courtier and Coburn for Luongo!

#840 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,303 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Wow a bit of a shock to me, I still think it is unlikely though, the target would be something they don't want to part and I'm not interested in Talbot+ prospect/1st (If they even have any interesting prospects other than Laughton)

Not even all that interested in Talbot we have the same thing in Lappy and aside from that they won't give us Simmonds, Voracek, Couturier, Schenn exc. Then a buyout is much nicer said than done.

It adds some optimism that maybe there is a greater market with more possbilities but I don't see much of a fit myself.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.