The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion about the music/DJ

Sniperslayer

I cant believe you are turning on your DJ. haha... its just music and you have torches and pitchforks.

I understand the POINT you're trying to make but do the ends justify the means?

you guys could use a bit of practice on being respectful because i can bet money you wouldnt say those things to his face (if he was standing in front of you). you know why? cause its flipping RUDE. The dude has a boss and you're NOT it...

Treat people how you want to be treated and dont go thinking your the "Boss of the world".

Im sure youre a really great guys but this just seems unproductive and critical.

To begin I think the music at Canucks games including all the intros suck big time but that's because they're catering to a lame Vancouver crowd and fanbase and it has to appeal to a wide generic audience. Therefore it all sucks for everyone.

But I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to personally attack a Canuck representive and his job. You know DJ Dave is on the board so show some respect. If you follow along he has stated he's obligated to play the crap he does so ... you don't got to be a jerk about it. Even though I agree the music is absolutely horrible. It's just a small part of the package.

I actually like the intro.. I just wish that instead of using Finale by Madeon when the Canucks skate onto the ice, he would transition it back to the old U2 Where the Streets Have No Name song..

Besides, I like the song.. I'm sorry if you like pop music or rock and roll or whatever but that's long gone.. rock and roll is just not the type of culture Vancouver has and never will.

I wish they would keep U2. I feel like the song is "part" of the Canucks now. There's been so many good memories with it and I find it to be a perfect song... The way it starts out slow, and slowly starting building up with the sirens. Nothing can beat Where The Streets Have No Name + Towel Power!

KEEP U2!!!(Also, as much as I love the goal song we have right now, I wish Holiday was still our goal song! Again, so many memories attatched with it and was our song for YEARS before they changed it last year. Keep some things the same! Stop screwing around!)

Really? Starting a discussion on someone's inadequecies in their position is disrespectful and indicative of one believing that they are the "Boss of the world?" Yikes, you clearly aren't a fan of open criticism. Listen, if I'm dealing with a 14 year old at the McDonalds counter and they miscount my change, I'm not going to find their manager and ask them to fire him/her because of that. They are clearly a.) new to their position, and b.) not in a very consequential job posiiton. But DJ Dave has been doing this for a while, and whether you like it or not, he's in a vulnerable position in which 18,000+ people will hear his choices every single night, so there are bound to be bigger consequences to poor job performance, which even DJ's are capable of. Now I don't personally have a dog in this race, and couldn't care less what happens to him, but you're just plain wrong in your assessment of the OP's statement. They are entitled to an opinion, and I don't see anything wrong with that. And on a side note, the OP's last sentence was directed to DJ Dave, so something tells me that they aren't particularly afraid to "say something to his face". Just some food for thought.

PS Have you ever openly criticized a single hockey player, ever? Boy I sure hope not, how terribly disrespectful of you that would be. After all, they have a boss and you're not it.

Actually i HAVEN'T just negatively criticized anyone... because its NOT PRODUCTIVE.

all im saying is that i do understand the OP's point. but people seem to think that theirs is the only opinion that matters and if people don't agree, then they're wrong... Doesnt this OP think that someone in the arena DOES enjoy the music?? I just don't understand why people come on here and shoot people down all day, it feels like people dont remember that theyre talking to OTHER PEOPLE, not just supporting actors in the play "this is my life".

Sometimes you just get sick of the whining and complaining. I guess im too old to hang out on a message board with a bunch of people who never seem happy about anything... ever.

PS: i have defenitely read worse stuff around here so i appologise that this was "the Straw" so to speak. No reason for me to be preachy though, it isnt going to change anything... so ill deal or ill move on.

Lets just get the U2 opening back.

The crowd not being loud enough is because of the price on the tickets in the lower bowl, not the music DJ Dave plays.

When you think about it, the music we play now would probably make the "maybes/casual fan" louder.

Most of them aren't hardcore hockey fans like most of us, and unlike us they probably don't like hockey pump up songs, so to be able to hear songs that are hot and are popular would get them more excited.

I wouldn't mind more pump up stuff but I have no issue with the job DJ Dave does, Again it's the crowd being quiet not the music.

Fair enough. You may need to realize that most people on this board that you'll deal with are younger, and perhaps unable to articulate their thoughts in a way that doesn't seem more offensive than anything. I can understand how you'd read his post as a simple attack against someone for the sake of attacking, but what I read (between the lines perhaps) is that the OP would suggest that DJ Dave use less of the mainstream music and find some new voice clips. If he'd worded his original post by saying "I think that DJ Dave should use more songs that aren't 'top 40' type songs, and perhaps try experimenting with more sound clips than just 'make some noise' ", I think we would have reacted differently. It sounds to me like there was intention for discussion, but it was poorly worded and came across as an attack.

Of course, I could be wrong, and the OP could have simply meant to attack DJ Dave because his or her diaper wasn't changed. In that case, I support your position. I guess I just read the initial post a bit differently than you did.

Thank you! and when you read the post, its really not that bad, i agree... however the title of the thread IS pretty rude and just set me up to read this as a bit of a temper tantrum...

any heck, I only watch the games on TV cause im in oregon, but i do hear the alot of the same stuff over and over. The winterhawks do much of the same thing, but they throw in some MC HAMMER and kenny loggins between ACDC and gangnam stle (sp)

Does DJ Dave Not mix in ANY rock? Maybe his boss hates rock or something?

yeah, its cool. i didnt mean to "wig-out" but i hope you can try to see what it looked like (especially so, if it isnt what you meant)

I dont know DJ dave but he is a person, with a family and bills...

He has asked for suggestions so he does care about doing a better job, right?

Anyway i hope everyone can hear a little something they like (you guys pay enough for tickets thats for sure), and ill just go back to hugging this tree....

*wanders off*

Archived