• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

needtogetswole

[Report] - Schroeder sent down

309 posts in this topic

Dumb move. Played much better than ebbett . Js will likely come up when there's an injury. Why they love ebbett who knows

It's just bad asset management. Absolute waste to sign Barker or Vandermeer, waive them immediately and then lose them. If Ebbet sucks we can recall Schroeder. And send him back down without risk of losing them. They decided to go with the veteran. No one knows how either will perform right now and playing Ebbet might be the best choice for the team.

Only way to know is wait for the games. If Schroeder got in and was terrible, everyone would complain how AV/Gillis rushed him, should've played so-and-so, lost so-and-so to waivers because of this....etc. There is no way to know who is better for the team. They went with the option with less risk.

Canucks should start trading all of their first round picks to win now. It's quite obvious by now that they do not want anything to do with prospect development in the Gillis era.

oh canucks.com stop crying, he will be back. For crying out loud. You guys question the moves of Mike Gillis and A.V? Silly Canucks fans.

If I'm not mistaken, any bonuses are applied to next years cap, and we all know how next years cap is getting compressed.

He's been assigned to the Wolves. We'll see if he actually goes there.

Might just be a move to get to 23 players without losing anyone to waivers. He's the only one that can be re-assigned.

I have a hard time believing we'll keep Barker and Vandermeer on the roster though. We have 9 D-men right now as it is.

I think this allows them to keep their options open. If they waived any of the other guys they could have been picked off by other teams, and if Schroeder has to get sent back down later they are all of a sudden short two guys. This gives Ebbett a chance to see if he can do it, and if he can't then they bring back Schroeder and risk losing one of their vets.

I think this allows them to keep their options open. If they waived any of the other guys they could have been picked off by other teams, and if Schroeder has to get sent back down later they are all of a sudden short two guys. This gives Ebbett a chance to see if he can do it, and if he can't then they bring back Schroeder and risk losing one of their vets.

:picard:

Will you suddenly pull an about face if Tanev, Jensen, Kassian & Schroeder all make the opening day roster in October?

Canucks should start trading all of their first round picks to win now. It's quite obvious by now that they do not want anything to do with prospect development in the Gillis era.

That I agree with, I just hope when Booth is put on LTIR that he gets the call up, we need to start giving these draft choices a crack in the league, there is no way anyone can say he has been rushed, 2 years with the Moose, 2 with the Wolves, cmon.

He's been assigned to the Wolves. We'll see if he actually goes there.

Might just be a move to get to 23 players without losing anyone to waivers. He's the only one that can be re-assigned.

I have a hard time believing we'll keep Barker and Vandermeer on the roster though. We have 9 D-men right now as it is.

AV has been the best coach in our history,so cut him slack.Had to be done and we will see why.

I doubt that any team would want anything to do with Cam Barker.

Ok then, I'm back to being confused. If this is the case, why didn't the team decide to send Vandermeer down? Just really puzzling.

Isn't characterizing 11 games and 30 games as full seasons slightly misleading?

He had a cup of AHL coffee in '09-'10, full AHL seasons in '10-'11 & '11-'12, and less than half a season this year. More like 2 and a half seasons in the AHL.

Btw, go check out the ages and AHL games played of Detroit's young players before you go off on Schroeder's handling.

AFAIK, Canucks will have Kesler and Booth on their roster to start the season, and THEN put them on LTIR. This maximizes the amount of cap relief they will get.

So as soon as the paperwork for that is done, it would not surprise me to see Schroeder back on the team immediately. He may have not even leave Vancouver.

Schroeder is ready now, he is more skilled than Ebbett, so maybe I can eat all my words if he is re-called back tomorrow once Booth is put on LTIR.