The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Alex Edler

5 Million is an absolute steal but people will complain about this deal later on, similar to how people have hated Luongo's contract if he slows down after a couple of seasons. 6 years is a great time-frame though considering he'll probably hit his prime next season or the year after that.

As for the Cap, WTF is Gillis gonna do now? Last time I checked we were about 2 or 3 million just under the cap, now with Edler's extra dollars we'll be right up against it with no room to sign an essential center.

I love how Gillis has invested so much of our cap in defence, our top-4 is now solidified for the next few seasons and defence does win championships, but we are quite imbalanced now and lacking centers badly. Not sure what's more important to win a Cup - a good defence or depth at center.

5 Million is an absolute steal but people will complain about this deal later on, similar to how people have hated Luongo's contract if he slows down after a couple of seasons. 6 years is a great time-frame though considering he'll probably hit his prime next season or the year after that.

As for the Cap, WTF is Gillis gonna do now? Last time I checked we were about 2 or 3 million just under the cap, now with Edler's extra dollars we'll be right up against it with no room to sign an essential center.

I love how Gillis has invested so much of our cap in defence, our top-4 is now solidified for the next few seasons and defence does win championships, but we are quite imbalanced now and lacking centers badly. Not sure what's more important to win a Cup - a good defence or depth at center.

GMMG likes to be the first to break the news. Love how he did this, this time. Maybe had to do with the frustration of the media from earlier interview? Either way, I still like it

Mike Gillis@GMMikeGillis

I'd like to congratulate Alex Edler on agreeing to terms on a new multi-year deal. Details to follow.

and then this lol..... insiders out of work? #confirmed

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

Good job on breaking the Edler news @GMMikeGillis If you want there could maybe be a spot open for you on http://insiderrumors.com #DreamTeam

Guest Gumballthechewy

He doesn't have to be born in Vancouver for Vancouver to be his hometown. He lives here and makes a living here, that makes it his home town.

Any one who has move away from their place of birth can tell you this.

Archived