64 replies to this topic

#1 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hansen has zero power play goals. Why oh WHY is AV slotting him into the first power play unit?!?!

Just let him kill penalties and play his 3rd-line role.... the first few games they usually give out Power Plays like candy to remind players what they can and cannot do. We'll be shooting ourselves in the foot by having him out there....

http://www.sportsnet...p_update_jan16/

(Cue the Hansen puck bunnies to his rescue...)

Edited by Slegr, 18 January 2013 - 08:43 PM.

"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#2 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,117 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

POPULAR

How do you get a PP goal? By playing on the PP.

Simmer down, young grasshopper. Wait and see before criticizing
Posted Image

#3 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,915 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hansen has zero power play goals. Why oh WHY is AV slotting him into the first power play unit?!?!

Just let him kill penalties and play his 3rd-line role.... the first few games they usually give out Power Plays like candy to remind players what they can and cannot do. We'll be shooting ourselves in the foot by having him out there....

It was the Sedins that went to AV and suggested Hansen for their PP unit.
Posted Image

#4 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Sedin, Sedin, Edler and Garrison.

Hansen won't be the determining factor...

#5 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,442 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hansen has good instincts. He hasn't been given many opportunities, hence the poor PP stats. Garrison has looked really good at the point. That'll help create some offense.

It's not the same as having Kelser or Booth out there but I don't think the PP can be classified as being DOOMED :)
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#6 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

I like the idea of Hansen, although I think Kassian's size and puck protection could be a really big asset on that unit aswell.

zackass.png

#7 Deets

Deets

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Oh you didn't know?? Hansen is the next Franzen! :towel:

#8 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,915 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

How do you get a PP goal? By playing on the PP.

Simmer down, young grasshopper. Wait and see before criticizing

Makes me wonder what some of todays fans would be like if we had a team like we did in the 70's or 80's when there was actually a reason to cry doomed. Back then we just hoped the team would make the playoffs and we knew there was no real hope of a cup.
Posted Image

#9 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Makes me wonder what some of todays fans would be like if we had a team like we did in the 70's or 80's when there was actually a reason to cry doomed. Back then we just hoped the team would make the playoffs and we knew there was no real hope of a cup.

human patience: RIP circa late 90's
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#10 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

They wouldn't last a minute. Throw a noose around their neck and hop of the lions gate bridge.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#11 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

POPULAR

ive never understood taking apart the top line for power play leave burrows on it with the sedins . its terrible when u need to juggle your lines for a couple shifts after a power play to get them in order again . leave burrows on PP1 and leave them on for most of it and when the PP is over your lines wont be messed up. keep it simple top 2 lines run the PP bottom 2 should run PK it wears our guys out playing top guys like burs and kes on the PK . its over coaching keep it simple.

#12 4thLineGrinder

4thLineGrinder

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

hansen will be fine, his job is to stand in front of the goalie and wreak havok for point shots, honey badger will be aight

#13 smith80

smith80

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

POPULAR

Pay no mind to this thread, Slegr is the one who started the other Hansen-hate thread. This guy hates on Hansen at every opportunity.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who doesn't see that the positives that Hansen brings to the team faaaar outweigh any negatives in his game, clearly doesn't know much about the game of hockey. Hansen is exactly the type of player every team needs. Tough, durable, adaptable, a strong work ethic, and a decent (and improving) offensive game. Plus, he's young and cheap.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

It's amazing how great Hansen can hit for his size!

And hopefully he can handle being our star penalty killer and on the powerplay at the same time. He'll be getting 18+ minutes for the first time!

Edited by Wheels22, 18 January 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#15 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

You are aware that Kesler and Booth are out, right?

OK then, so do you have a better option then?

Like Tortorella's Rant said, simmer down, he will get his PP goals as he plays the PP more often.

#16 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Whats with all these "doom" threads

Power play doomed
Goaltending doomed
Shootout doomed

I should start one

"Moral of cdc bloggers DOOMED"

Posted Image

#17 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,351 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Henrik Sedin and Daniel Sedin at one time had no powerplay minutes. Hansen also played many times on the powerplay while over at finland. Don't think too much into it for now, other wise, you might kill yourself.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#18 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

I HOPE these canuck fans learn how big of a bonehead coach av is this year :rolleyes:

#19 NinthAirplane

NinthAirplane

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

human patience: RIP circa late 90's

Coincidentally the same time the internet fully caught on...

#20 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

I don't know what the OP is smoking.... any PP unit with the Sedins & Edler is going to get points, now you add Garrison. Edler had a points explosion playing with the twins on the 1st pp unit. The same will happen to Garrison who I hear likes to sneak in the backdoor and let go one of his boomers, which reminds me of Salo. Hansen will most likely try to screen the goalie much like Kes, & he is capable of it too as he is strong on his skates. I'm looking forward to watching them in action tomorrow but one thing worries me, the ability to draw the penalites first.

#21 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Has Hansen ever even played on the Powerplay? If he has, I don't remember it.

Anyways, Hansen is great at stirring things up in front of the net. Most of the goals he scored over in Finland were him parked in front of the goalie getting rebounds. Pretty much exactly what Kesler does on the powerplay.

How can you say it won't work if we haven't tried it?

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#22 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Typical Slegr post

i will up that hansen thread you make every goal he scores

Edited by cIutch, 19 January 2013 - 12:14 AM.

Posted Image

#23 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,391 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

You know you have a good team when having Hansen on the PP is classified as "doomed".

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#24 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

let me refer you all to this

http://forum.canucks...-jannik-hansen/

guy got razzed to the point he just embraces the hate now
Posted Image

#25 ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Pay no mind to this thread, Slegr is the one who started the other Hansen-hate thread. This guy hates on Hansen at every opportunity.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who doesn't see that the positives that Hansen brings to the team faaaar outweigh any negatives in his game, clearly doesn't know much about the game of hockey. Hansen is exactly the type of player every team needs. Tough, durable, adaptable, a strong work ethic, and a decent (and improving) offensive game. Plus, he's young and cheap.

This ^^^^^
Posted Image

#26 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

let me refer you all to this

http://forum.canucks...-jannik-hansen/

guy got razzed to the point he just embraces the hate now

And I would have got away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling Hansen lovers.

But seriously... Hansen? On the PP with the Sedins?? The power play is still stacked with everyone else, but when you've got pee in the pool, it still gets on everyone.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#27 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

And I would have got away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling Hansen lovers.

But seriously... Hansen? On the PP with the Sedins?? The power play is still stacked with everyone else, but when you've got pee in the pool, it still gets on everyone.

You could put a cactus in front of the net and it would produce on the top powerplay.

The Sedins work their puck magic, and Edler and Garrison bomb from the points.

Kesler didn't do anything special, other than creating traffic in front, or getting a stick on the puck (which he's very good at). Both of those things Hansen is more than capable of doing.

Edited by DeNiro, 19 January 2013 - 12:40 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#28 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

I just love it when people say we're doomed before even giving it a chance. Can I bump this when Hansen scores on the PP?
Posted Image

#29 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

I just love it when people say we're doomed before even giving it a chance. Can I bump this when Hansen scores on the PP?

Oh, he'll score. With the Sedins out there, they'll probably just bank it off his a$$, but put Kassian or Burrows out there instead, even with Burrow's so-called deficiency on the power play, and we'd get twice or three times as many goals going in. Even Lappy, if they're just so fixated on getting a righty out there.

Edited by Slegr, 19 January 2013 - 12:49 AM.

-Jiri Slegr

#30 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,022 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

16 goals, 23 assists, +19, 40.4% offensive zone starts, 4 shorthanded points, 0 powerplay points, 11 seconds of powerplay ice time.

One helluva player!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.