95 replies to this topic

#31 Yeria

Yeria

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

If we want to trade for him, then I don't think Luongo will be part of that. I highly doubt he would want to go to the Islanders of all teams...

He also didn't like how he was traded by the organization back then. Even though Milbury is long gone, I doubt he would want to go back. I guess he could go back and laugh at DiPietro..?
Posted Image
Thanks to Hockey_Crazy for the sig!

#32 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,107 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

I don't see Gillis biting on this one. I can't see what we would give up. If Nino was really stubborn we might be able to get him for Gaunce and a 1st but unlikely.

I'd rather see what Gaunce does for us and what we can get with that 1st. If the Isles are in a bad spot and he's forcing a trade, they won't be able to dictate price. If it becomes a bidding war of any kind, we'd drop out anyway.

Google him and the first thing you notice is the word bust.

I did see that as the third option in my autocomplete when I was searching for his hockey's future page.

At 20, he's hardly ruined, but he could use a step back to make sure he doesn't have another terrible year in the NHL. Perhaps the half year so far in the AHL is enough to get him back on track, but he'll have to be brought along with caution.

You can understand his frustration in a sense, but with his numbers what they were in the NHL last year, he has to shoulder some of the consequences and recognize what's best for his career, which is what the Isles are trying to do now.

no...dont waste lu on him .... just go for nieder if trade prices cheap

What about if they include Reinhart with him as well? :bigblush:

Clearly. It's always pretty easy to tell who actually goes to junior and AHL games by the way they assess young players. It's almost always over-sold or under-respected.

Nino will be the type of player a team will need to win when he hits his prime. He'll play in every international tournament for the rest of his career, and probably Captain them, and is solid in every area. You can build a line around a young player like this. Probably not a superstar but a star. His skill set is very Linden-esque.

Maybe Lou, Ballard for DiPietro, Nino, Bailey, Visnovsky?

Tough package to gauge. They seem fairly set on D after all their waiver wire pickups, and I don't know that we'd want to take on DiPietro and Vis for all the issues they have.

Perhaps:
Luongo*, Ballard, Rodin (or Grenier if they want some size?)
for
Niederreiter, Streit, 1st

I originally thought Wishart so we could have him as depth in the AHL but they'd likely want cap to be going the other way as well so I included Streit even if he is a big piece to get back (although pending UFA at 35 years old). Visnovski doesn't exactly fit that bill unless they think he really won't play for them since he's only paid $3M this year but the Islanders get to make use of his $5.6M cap hit. DiPietro is just too much for me to think Aquilini would be ok with taking him on and then buying him out in the summer, even if he might be ok as a backup for Schneider.

Everyone else is on reasonable contracts so that brings me to the '*' beside Luongo's name. We could keep a portion of his salary while he plays for the Isles and allow them his full cap hit. They'd still have to find something to do with DiPietro and I don't think they can afford to buy him out, so that's the snag, but maybe it's possible.

Otherwise it'd have to be a deal without Luongo (he wouldn't likely waive his NTC for Brooklyn anyway), say Neiderreiter for Rodin or Grenier and a 2nd.

Edited by elvis15, 22 January 2013 - 01:51 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

^lol

1zf4oy1.jpg

#34 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,585 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

If we want to trade for him, then I don't think Luongo will be part of that. I highly doubt he would want to go to the Islanders of all teams...

He also didn't like how he was traded by the organization back then. Even though Milbury is long gone, I doubt he would want to go back. I guess he could go back and laugh at DiPietro..?

as I said before

close to Montreal
his original team
some good, raw talent there
he would be an impact players
close to his hometown, Montreal
largest Italian community on the continent
new rink
new location
NYC
same time zone as Miami
like us flying to LA........about 2.5 hours according to travel math

Edited by stawns, 22 January 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#35 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,228 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Tough package to gauge. They seem fairly set on D after all their waiver wire pickups, and I don't know that we'd want to take on DiPietro and Vis for all the issues they have.

Perhaps:
Luongo*, Ballard, Rodin (or Grenier if they want some size?)
for
Niederreiter, Streit, 1st

I originally thought Wishart so we could have him as depth in the AHL but they'd likely want cap to be going the other way as well so I included Streit even if he is a big piece to get back (although pending UFA at 35 years old). Visnovski doesn't exactly fit that bill unless they think he really won't play for them since he's only paid $3M this year but the Islanders get to make use of his $5.6M cap hit. DiPietro is just too much for me to think Aquilini would be ok with taking him on and then buying him out in the summer, even if he might be ok as a backup for Schneider.

Everyone else is on reasonable contracts so that brings me to the '*' beside Luongo's name. We could keep a portion of his salary while he plays for the Isles and allow them his full cap hit. They'd still have to find something to do with DiPietro and I don't think they can afford to buy him out, so that's the snag, but maybe it's possible.

Otherwise it'd have to be a deal without Luongo (he wouldn't likely waive his NTC for Brooklyn anyway), say Neiderreiter for Rodin or Grenier and a 2nd.

I'd hardly say a team with Brian Strait and Joe Finley on defense are set, especially if Vis doesn't report.

I agree that Vis' contract is the perfect type for NYI, which is probably why they acquired him in the first place, but it does them no good if he is suspended all season. It might be a matter of getting something for nothing while they can.

Dipietro *could* be a decent back-up for Schneider but it does blow the budget pretty well. Maybe Raymond would need to go back

Lou+Ballard= 9.5 cap hit.

Vis+Bailey+Dipetro= 11.15 cap hit

Raymond pretty much makes up the difference but it would be very difficult to also fit in Nino's 2.8.

#36 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Nino would be amazing. Just imagine how much better our prospect pool would be

Jensen - Gaunce - Niederreiter
Rodin - Schroeder - Kassian
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#37 thad

thad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

If this is true a very comparable situation would be Kyle Turris. Rundblad and a 2nd fetched him.

I'd offer tanev and a 3rd for nino.

#38 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,228 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Guys, Rodin has almost no value either in trade or as a prospect right now. His upside is disintegrating. He's a pipe dream until he can show something more than he has.

#39 goblix

goblix

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

The Islanders are such a terrible organization.
Hire a real GM not a back-up goalie with little to no management experience.

The amount of top players they could and have drafted in the past 15 years, they should be icing all-star teams by now.

Hopefully the backup goalie will give us a sweet ass deal

#40 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

I just read an article on tsn.ca that has Gillis saying that a potential deal is in place with a team that has a player that needs to be dealt with.
Hmmm

#41 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

This certainly would be a team that no one would guess...
Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Writer and Vancouver Canucks Scout for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#42 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

I'd like the Jets to take a stab at getting him. Package deal involving one of Patrice Cormier, Postma, or Spencer Machacek plus a mid round draft pick. Never know.
Kinda hot in these rhinos.

You are a worse psychiatrist than you are a son in law, and you will never get work as an actor because you have no talent.

#43 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Holy crap. If we somehow get him (not likely) we will suddenly have one of the deeper forward prospect pools on the league.
Posted Image

#44 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,509 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

They didn't even invite him to camp? What is Snow thinking.

He'll probably hold onto this kid even though he wants out, and frustrate him till he's forced to go play over in Europe.

The Islanders just continue to screw up their 20+ year rebuild.

Yeah, I couldn't believe that when I heard it. Not even invited to camp!?!? Despite being a top-5 pick, and PPG in the AHL?

That is just bushleague. At the very least, bring him up and let him compete. If you still don't want him on your NHL team yet, just make up some BS like "need to work on your 2-way game" and send him back down - that's what AV does!

Seriously though, Neiderreiter is gonna be a player. I would go hard after him.
Posted Image

#45 Iamacanuck18

Iamacanuck18

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

exactly.......could this be the centre piece from the mystery team in the Lu sweepstakes?

Lu deserves will get a much better return than nino....

#46 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,107 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'd hardly say a team with Brian Strait and Joe Finley on defense are set, especially if Vis doesn't report.

I agree that Vis' contract is the perfect type for NYI, which is probably why they acquired him in the first place, but it does them no good if he is suspended all season. It might be a matter of getting something for nothing while they can.

Dipietro *could* be a decent back-up for Schneider but it does blow the budget pretty well. Maybe Raymond would need to go back

Lou+Ballard= 9.5 cap hit.

Vis+Bailey+Dipetro= 11.15 cap hit

Raymond pretty much makes up the difference but it would be very difficult to also fit in Nino's 2.8.

Fair enough, but the Isles can just toll his contract if they don't want to lose him for nothing. Not that it would guarantee he'd change his mind next year so they'd be in the same boat, but it's the next step past a suspension if he doesn't report like he's been talking about doing after his son's health issues are taken care of. Either way they don't pay him.

With that in mind, they only have two guys they'd want to move because of their salary and we're not likely to take both of them. Hamonic is the guy due for the biggest raise next year, and do they want to re-sign Streit at 36? If they went with options from within (Reinhart, DeHaan, Wishart, etc.) it'd fill out their roster pretty well, but they'd sure be inexperienced, so maybe Streit does come back for a little less - otherwise they lose him for nothing.

If this is true a very comparable situation would be Kyle Turris. Rundblad and a 2nd fetched him.

I'd offer tanev and a 3rd for nino.

Although I'd be reluctant to move Tanev (young, RH shot, fits a role in our team) this type of deal is the most likely. I'd suggest a winger as they'd be losing one in Neids and they don't have a lot of depth on either side beyond that.

We can dream though can't we?

Edited by elvis15, 22 January 2013 - 03:44 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,647 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Holy crap. If we somehow get him (not likely) we will suddenly have one of the deeper forward prospect pools on the league.

Holy crap maybe you should review the prospect pool and reflect a while! Last I checked Van was in the lower 25% in prospect depth.

#48 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,004 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Calgary or Columbus.
Reunite him with Baertschi or Johansen.

Posted Image

Made by the multiple personality of Twilight Sparkle.

#49 Spankenstyne

Spankenstyne

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Love his skillset, don't like the talk from some that watched him closely through junior to this point that he has had a bit of an "entitled attitude". Maybe something a change of scenery & being shown some leadership could rectify though. Enticing prospect.

#50 Doogie

Doogie

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Raymond and a 2nd for Nino

Edited by Doogie, 22 January 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#51 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,585 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Love his skillset, don't like the talk from some that watched him closely through junior to this point that he has had a bit of an "entitled attitude". Maybe something a change of scenery & being shown some leadership could rectify though. Enticing prospect.

where did you hear that?

#52 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,168 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Tanev, Jensen and Ballard for Nino and Nielsen.

#53 iinatcc

iinatcc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Google him and the first thing you notice is the word bust.

That's what people said about Turris and now he's finally starting to live up to his potential

#54 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

:bigblush: Niederreiter + Grabner for Luongo ? :bigblush:

LOL

but then that made me think about how much of an upgrade grabner is from anyone on our current 2nd line... :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#55 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

It seems like he wants out because he's not being used much. He wouldn't get that (Long-term) here, so I doubt he'd like to come here.
We are all Canucks

Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!
"I'll play on one leg, I don't care" - Ryan Kesler
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#56 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,927 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

silly reasons to want out. WTF is wrong with him? dont go near this guy Gillis. Another Cody Hodsgson in the making.
November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#57 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

It seems like he wants out because he's not being used much. He wouldn't get that (Long-term) here, so I doubt he'd like to come here.

I would say he wants out because he's not getting a shot. He's leading his team in scoring and doesn't even get an invite to camp? I'd be pretty pissed too.

Throw in that first season where he probably shouldn't have been in the league and you've got to question NY's ability to do what's in the best interest of your career.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#58 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

I would say he wants out because he's not getting a shot. He's leading his team in scoring and doesn't even get an invite to camp? I'd be pretty pissed too.

Throw in that first season where he probably shouldn't have been in the league and you've got to question NY's ability to do what's in the best interest of your career.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#59 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

I don't know alot about his situation but from what i read from here he wants to play in the NHL this season and not the AHL? What makes it a sure thing he'd be playing up here on our roster?? If he's not ready he needs to be in the AHL....not sure he'd be any happier here.

#60 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Luongo for Dipietro and Niederreiter, with Vancouver having the intention of buying out DP when the season is over. The Isles get an actual number 1 goaltender and Vancouver does Wang a favor by buying out DP.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.