The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Are you actually being serious...?

40 million how so? Next year those players are making a combined 9.5 million. The Canucks' players are making more.

This year those players are making about 14 million.. but the year is half over...

Even over their entire contracts the Canucks players are making more, so why should they lose Tavares instead of just moving Nabokov & Visnovsky as rentals?

Aside from all the UFAs-to-be, and Climie who isn't Canucks' property, so he can't be part of the deal the trade is

Luongo, Connauton, Ballard, a late 1st for Tavares & Dipietro.

Tavares is a franchise player on a fair contract. He is not for sale, and the Islanders would be paying those other guys more next year and for the next few years anyhow.

Are you actually being serious...?

40 million how so? Next year those players are making a combined 9.5 million. The Canucks' players are making more.

This year those players are making about 14 million.. but the year is half over...

Even over their entire contracts the Canucks players are making more, so why should they lose Tavares instead of just moving Nabokov & Visnovsky as rentals?

Aside from all the UFAs-to-be, and Climie who isn't Canucks' property, so he can't be part of the deal the trade is

Luongo, Connauton, Ballard, a late 1st for Tavares & Dipietro.

Tavares is a franchise player on a fair contract. He is not for sale, and the Islanders would be paying those other guys more next year and for the next few years anyhow.

I just want a upgrade on D. These east coast players don't translate to WC (ballard & garrison).

Hamhuis-Edler

Garrison-Bieksa

Ballard-Tanev

Obviously you're going to keep the top 4 since. Bieksa's been a lifer and Garrison just signed with us. But I'd love if you could upgrade on Ballard with Luongo as the centerpiece and move Garrison down to the 3rd pairing. RIGHT HANDED SHOT DMAN!!! Get Edler back to the left side for the love of everything

EDIT: I'll throw in a proposal even though I'm contradicting myself on East Coast

Washington: Ballard, Luongo

Cancusk: Carlson, Neuvirth, 1st

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Carlson

Garrison-Tanev

I just want to say that I find most of the proposals here (CDC) incredibly stupid.

No GM is going to make a trade that doesn't also benefit him.

Let me repeat that. No GM in any state of mind is going to make a trade that doesn't also benefit him.

So saying things like "trade Luongo, Nash, or Raymond and Hamuis for Kane are just not going to happen - it doesn't benefit the team.

A trade has to benefit both sides.

we need a sniper. nobody on the team is a threat to be on pace for a 40 goal season... DS was barely there when he was having career years, but never a threat to score 50. (DS is more of a playmaker - scorer mix really).

But who? To be over the top, this team needs to trade for a Hossa type player (the way the Hawks did a while ago)...

I just want to say that I find most of the proposals here (CDC) incredibly stupid.

No GM is going to make a trade that doesn't also benefit him.

Let me repeat that. No GM in any state of mind is going to make a trade that doesn't also benefit him.

So saying things like "trade Luongo, Nash, or Raymond and Hamuis for Kane are just not going to happen - it doesn't benefit the team.

A trade has to benefit both sides.

Do you honestly think we would trade for Dipietro to pay him a $40 mill buyout?

What do you do for a living; give away money... Fans think cap is the only deal; it's not guys, you have to pay real money!

:picard:

You are really struggling with this. The Islanders still owe Dipietro $40 million dollars on his rediculous contract. The Canucks would take Dipietro in a trade, use the amnesty buyout and bye bye Rick. Thus relieving Wang of $40 M (Ricks contract).

Who is available; Heatley?

It's a fair question as of course Toews, Kane, Sharp and Hossa, plus Kieth from the back end are all a danger to start potting goals.

we need a sniper. nobody on the team is a threat to be on pace for a 40 goal season... DS was barely there when he was having career years, but never a threat to score 50. (DS is more of a playmaker - scorer mix really).

But who? To be over the top, this team needs to trade for a Hossa type player (the way the Hawks did a while ago)...

That you smoked to much before you made the proposal, and were bored, is not unlikely;

In addition to the $40 million you also gave up Lou, Schroeder, Ballard and a first > Four 1st round draft picks in total PLUS $40 million dollars for Tavares.

Did you even read the original post how the offer was out of boredom or just come on here to chirp.

When is the last time the Isles came within a mile from the cap instead of always being at the floor. So yes $40M is a lot of money for Wang and his hockey world. Like you said, a lot of money. Has no player ever been bought? You heard of Wayne Gretzky? Or do you think Jimmy Carson and Gelinas was a good trade? The millions that went with it was just a gift.

I'm not sure if Aquilini would pay, just a proposal but Tavares would easily make that $40M back for the organization.

Archived