134 replies to this topic

#121 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

I sort of like the reputation NHL players have for not being showboats. hockey has always struck me as a humble sport and i think we can do without the theatrics of say the NFL or the NBA. if it's a huge goal, that's one thing but i'm not sure it's justified in the beginning of the regular season. he's a young guy and he'll learn. or he won't, and someone will make him pay the price.
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#122 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

With how badly the Oilers were getting dicked by the refs in that game, scoring a tying goal (that counted) with that little time left totally called for a ridiculous celebration.

Couldn't have said it better. I thought it was justified and with all the media hype around it, I believe this thread was justified too. I am glad that there are some decent mods around here, unlike all the terribad mini mods that just want to get their post count up. If all the mini mods had their way, there would only be one thread discussing all the other threads that aren't allowed.

#123 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

I liked it Kid has passion on the ice. I am sure he was told by team mates and coaching staff to tone it down a bit, don't need to draw much more attention to himself esp since being the #1 pick.

Being what his first few games in his NHL career it probably felt like a game 7 game tying goal to him.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#124 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

That was freakin awesome, he was so pumped up.

Sam Gagner said it best when he said that it was a playoff like game for them, since they haven't had any in awhile.

I actually like seeing players show emotion after they score.
I don't get fans here, Naslund used to get hate for not celebrating after a goal and now guys are getting hate for celebrating a huge goal.

It's a good thing and I would love to see more emotion from other players especially Canucks players, not in such a dramatic fashion as Yakupov but guys being pumped after a goal.

slo802.jpg

Thanks for the sweet sig Justdean10

#125 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

The very fact we're talking about this is a testament to how sterile and dull/reserved the NHL has become.

He can celebrate how he wants to. Enough with the uproar over nothing.

#126 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,353 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

The very fact we're talking about this is a testament to how sterile and dull/reserved the NHL has become.

He can celebrate how he wants to. Enough with the uproar over nothing.

99% of the posters in here were fine with his celebration. Not sure there's any uproar.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#127 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

99% of the posters in here were fine with his celebration. Not sure there's any uproar.

Yeah, I wasn't referring to this thread.

Just the media coverage it's been getting in general. Much ado about nothing.

#128 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Over the top. It was a big goal and deserved a celebration but was not a game winner and was not a playoff game etc...

BUT, youthful enthusiasm got him... LA will beat it out of him when they meet next...
I Love Lamp...

#129 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

Yakupov scored the equalizing goal with a few seconds left vs LA. It came a few seconds after an Oiler goal was disallowed.

What do you think, is the celebration over the top a la Ovechkin's antics or just part if the youth movement in the NHL.

Discuss !

I mentioned this in another thread, this is not directed at you but people who are so sensitive about over the top celebrations should not be watching professional sports, it's a part of the game DEAL WITH IT...if it offends you so much go watch some
vampire dramas or whatever you sensitive people are into.

#130 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

It was justified, good thing that situation didn't happen against us yet. :bigblush:

canucks141.png

#131 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

I liked what one NHL player had to say about it, can't remember who it was though but he was like,

If you don't like it, it's your job to not let him score.

I feel as long as your celebration isn't directed towards the other team then you should be able to celebrate any way you want.

Some players only get to score one goal in their career... it would be dumb to have rules on how people should celebrate, every one has a different personality and show's their excitement differently.

If a player takes it over the top and the other team doesn't like it, then they should just pay him back on the ice with a big hit next time they play, instead of making drama over nothing.

Edited by TheGame., 28 January 2013 - 08:06 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#132 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QJshw2Axsqc

We need more emotion in the NHL like this, instead of the same lame cliches.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#133 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

From a fan point of view, I don't have a problem with it. It didn't appear he was intentionally showboating, he was just extremely pumped.

However from an opponent point of view, it would definitely piss me off. From experience when an opponent does a dramatic celebration it does give you a little more anger and fire. So I wouldn't be surprised if LA goes after him a bit harder next time.

#134 Power Fist

Power Fist

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

What the NHL needs more of. The stars of old like Crosby and Ovechkin are fading, this league needs new exciting players to watch.

Above quote dumb. Yak is awesome!

2008.jpg

Linden and Benning. I have Faith

#135 VanNuck

VanNuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Legit celebration, he scored a very big goal (as a rookie too). My only concern was, "hope he didn't wreck his knees."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.