The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daylight come Luongo Home (Van-Fla)

Soo we know the main reason Tallon wont take Luo is the $$$ not the cap.

I suggest we take a player that could help us with a cup run but would most likely get Bought out by Tallon next season... That player is Upshall. Hear me out Upshall is a Streaky rugged Playoff style player and his salary would be similar in cost to the price Tallon will have to pay based on the "Luongo rule" if he were to take on Luo. Which might get him to listen to the rest.

So the deal I propose would be Luo Raymond Tallon will love Raymond cheep speedy top 6 player on their team. Here he will be stuck on the third until injury.

for

Well since Bjugstad (sp) is a non starter for a prospect back I would suggest Q Howden.

"Howden has excellent speed and agility and can be a dangerous short-handed threat on the penalty kill. Howden has an above average shot and scoring touch, and the puck-handling skills good enough to allow him to avoid defenders and distribute the puck effectively. Howden has improved his physical play, but he will need to continue to develop that aspect of his game to see NHL success."

For the roster player J Skille. 3rd line grinder with size and wheels former 5th overall draft pick so he must have some hands. Hes in a contract year and my impression is probably won't be resigned because they have soooo many great prospects to give his spot to. Somewhat of a throw in we could use though right shooting speedy truculent.

One of Theodore or Clemmensen most likely the latter because he as 2 years on his contract and Theo has a NTC. Clemmensen is a NHL vet and would be a good go between until Lack is ready of course I'd prefer Theo.

And of course Upshall he's mainly a salary dump (3.5m x 3years) but I think he could use a fresh start and could be a younger Raffi Torres light type guy.

OK flame away. Some other smaller pieces could be added but overall I think this could be a good trade for both sides. with Luo and Raymond I bet there back in the playoffs. But overall I think Luo for Howden, a solid backup and a couple throw in playoff style guys is a solid deal.

I don't understand you would rather sit on 5mill worth of backup goaltender for the next ten years because he wont get us the golden goose. At least these guys can help us and we get a future 1st line pf on an EL contract

Really a lotto pick cuz we gave up Raymond?? Luo is on his way out the more he sits on the bench the lower his value monitarily and to the team. If MG didn't think we could make the playoffs with out Luo then he wouldn't be entertaining trade offers.

Pretty much but Howden is the type of prospect we need. Raymond won't be resigned anyway though I am a huge fan of his (one of the few). And if you think Luo value > Theo Skille Howden he won't be if he isn't moved before the cap goes down and teams that might have been interested won't be because there paring down to make the cap.

But seriously who else do they have that they would be willing to give up. Luo isn't going to TO and what they have to offer is far worse than Florida. Edmonton would be ridiculous. Washington could potentially be interested in Luo but with Ovie sucking up 10mill cap they need to move mountains to take Luo. Philly has Briz to drag them down for the next eternity thats a huge buyout don't see it happening. Florida desperately needs a goalie especially now that there future starter has one of the worst injuries a goalie can have. IMO usually when a deal is right both sides feel they gave too much. I think taking upshall is just about right value to get Tallon to consider taking Luo's cap.

@ Aladeen he may have played the past few games well but in the words of MG "I haven't even considered trading Corey" we may have #1 and #1a for the time being but you can't believe if we wait till the deadline or off season his value will be more. It won't work like that or the title of my post would have been "Deadline come and Luongo home"

Archived