The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is MG waiting for?

Sedinry

They will not be trading either goalie this season.That plan failed.Players need to know there role and do it stop trying to be a scorer when your not .And you would think after years of no success at shootouts and giving away points you would change what you do in them .

If he really was agressively trying to find a top 6 player, he would have ofersheeted Benn.

I remember when Neal got traded to Pitt, the same time we were looking for a top 6 forward.

The Pens gave up Goligoski for Neal and Niskanen, Hell, i would have traded Edler for that package.

This team doesnt have scoring threat outside of the Twins, Kesler and Burrows.

His patience is starting to piss me off. We've waiting nearing a year now for the Imminent Luongo trade and still nothing to show for it.

I second that. Get us a game changer. Not another David Booth. Evander Kane would look great here. But no way in hell Lou waives his NTC for peg. So a three way deal would have to get it done.

To Van- Kane

To Florida- Luongo Raymond and a first then

To Winnipeg- Raymond and Weiss

If getting Benn were as easy as sending out an offer sheet, every other team in the league would have done it. Offer sheets don't work unless you severely overpay like Edmonton did for Penner.

If we don't have scoring outside those players, how is it that Raymond and Kassian have as many goals as Zetterberg, Getzlaf, Kovalchuk, Giroux, Ovechkin, and Eberle?

Nothing is ever as bad as it seems. MG is in charge because he's patient. If fans had their way this team would make desperation moves all the time and be worse for it.

I wouldn't be opposed if there's a high end player out there. But I'm not about to start handing out any good young players or 1sts to get a rental though. Your not getting elite young players unless your sending one back.

This is a mid season slump. We're not playing terrible but were just not doing enough to win games. This reminds me of the end of the season last year and the LA series. Not playing hard enough to win but still playing hard. We're a good team, we'll work out of this. It's better to do this now then going into the playoffs... You watch, the hawks will have a mediocre finish to the season and raise questions at the end of the year like we did last year.

None of us know what has been offered for Louie so far. Maybe it wasn't something MG could live with. I appreciate his patience on one hand, BUT he's got to get something back this deadline. Our window is closing fast. He screwed up trading away one of our top scorers last year in Hodgson (not against Kassian, but the timing was atrocious) I hope he doesn't screw this up as well, because he is over-valuing Louie, or is arrogant enough to believe we don't need any more help. Even a rental would be great. Even if they don't stick next year, we will always have that saved cap space. I know its against MGs philosophy to trade for a rental, but like another poster pointed out almost every Cup winning team has bulked up with an elite potential rental (potentially a keeper) at the deadline.

After a blistering start, signing Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, getting Tanev, Hansen, Higgins, Emperor MG is starting to show that he's not wearing many clothes. The long term Lu deal was awful and a millstone contract around the Canucks neck. I've already talked about the timing of the Hodgson deal.

MG should have made a deal last Summer on Lu. The main reason is that even if he just made a salary dump type deal, and got a couple of long shot prospects and a bag of pucks, he would have had the 5.5 million cap space to work with when the season started. And another important development would be that Schneider would be in a way better place mentally knowing his role that he really is our number one. He would have been able to start the season better prepared to handle the job and acclimatizing himself to the responsibility much sooner.

Now he has to get back a substantial asset as there are no more free agents to sign. He's waiting around for something that may never come as so many teams are doing just fine with their goaltending. His stubbornness might just cost us again as we will be forced to retain both goalies and have around a half a million in player salary, give or take, sitting watching on the bench every night of the playoffs, no matter which one.

Then there's Garrison. Where did that come from? Almost out of the blue. No one was pining for this average defenseman and his 4.6 million price tag.

I'm rapidly losing my trust in Gillis.

I 100% agree- we are not elite. Garrison is a joke, Kesler shows why he has to play on a line alone. Booth is not the answer.

Go all in, use our cap space, use a prospect/pick get a guy that takes us to the next level.

I'd even throw in Kassian if it brings us a big game breaker.

I hope AV, MG and DJ dave is taking notes. DJ dave do you see how in chicago they never play rihanna in the arena. DO you see how they always seem to be playing things that try to pump up the crowd. I heard that rihanna song again just last game at home and I couldn't believe it. I thought we all understood that we didn't want that to be played again. Do you think canuck players listen to that while they are working out?

I'm not pleased with the way MG is managing this team. He overestimates the strength of the team and fails to correctly identify/address its weaknesses. He is way too patient and content with the status quo to make any necessary changes. How has the team changed since getting bounced out by LA in the 1st round? One defenseman added and two lost. That does not cut it. Other teams are making changes and getting stronger while MG sits idly on his a ss waiting for a miracle to drop from the sky.

No way in hell they trade Evander Kane more like it. It would take something like Kesler plus a first and Tanev (that probably wouldn't get it done either, considering how they want to build up not lose a key piece for an older guy) to get Kane, not Luongo.

buddy, Chicago is a notoriously intense sports-crazy city. Vancouver isn't. In fact, Vancouver is known for being the exact opposite: boring. Music doesn't make the Chicago crowds great, Chicago's culture is what makes their crowds great.

Do you honestly think playing the same Metallica song we've all heard 15,000 times is what does that?

Vancouver is a town without a culture, and Rogers Arena is a corporate crowd, and THAT is your problem.

Archived