Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Players that you are willing to give away?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

First time poster here so don't hate but this is a question that I always had in the back of my mind. Looking at the canucks roster right now from top to bottom, Who would you as a canucks fan would not mind trading away even to free up cap space or anything else that may improve the canucks whether its at the back end or goal scoring. Out of our whole roster which players would u not really shed a tear if they were suddenly traded and which of them would make you lash out and cause a riot ahah

#2 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,378 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

If possible Luongo for a second line center and a D man and Ballard for either an ok roster player, a prospect or a pick (2nd-4th round)

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#3 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

POPULAR

First time poster here so don't hate but this is a question that I always had in the back of my mind. Looking at the canucks roster right now from top to bottom, Who would you as a canucks fan would not mind trading away even to free up cap space or anything else that may improve the canucks whether its at the back end or goal scoring. Out of our whole roster which players would u not really shed a tear if they were suddenly traded and which of them would make you lash out and cause a riot ahah

The last line makes me think troll...
But the "our whole roster" makes me think maybe not?...

CDCs most likely answers
Ballard
Booth
Raymond
Edler
Luongo
Kesler

My vote
Schneider for something good

#4 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Wouldn't shed a tear (but not saying I'd WANT them to be traded):

Ebbett
Alberts

Would be pretty upset about, but not devastated:

Higgins
Booth
Edler
Ballard
Schroeder
Kesler
Raymond
Luongo
Schneider

Player's I'd be livid about:

Everyone else

Edited by MaximYapierre, 04 March 2013 - 06:32 PM.

/=S=/

#5 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,965 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

POPULAR

Other than the top 4 (Sedins/Kesler/Burrows).

Keep: Higgins, Hansen, Lappiere, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler, Schnieder, Garrison

Tradeable: Raymond, Booth, Ballard, Weise, Ebbett, Alberts, Barker.

Must trade: Luongo.

Start over, this off season

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
____ - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - ____ - Hansen
Sestito - Lappiere - ____

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
____ - Tanev

Schnieder
Lack

#6 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Demitra
Erhoff
Torres
Johnson
Samuelsson
Rome

Sorry I'm from 2011 and what is this?

#7 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Ballard (just cause the way the team is treating him)
Higgin (Will demand more money might as well bring in youth to take over his place) (Jensen)
Raymond ( will demand more money by the end of the year will probably let him walk so might as well get something out of him)
Kesler (can't stop getting injured and just doesn't fit with the system.) (Obviously would need a great return in order to trade him)

#8 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

POPULAR

Demitra
Erhoff
Torres
Johnson
Samuelsson
Rome

Is this some sort of sick joke?

/=S=/

#9 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,495 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Hodgson - hands down.

Welcome, P.A., ;) by the way.

#10 MarchandSucks

MarchandSucks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Lu for a top 6 scorer and a big mean defensemen. If Niemi wasn't playing so well I'd say Lu for Clowe and Murray. I don't wanna see Raymond or Higgins get traded. Especially considering that line just scored 5 times this weekend. I think Booth's expendable
Tampa Bay Lightning GM Mode 2015-2016
Toews 90 Stamkos 92 Kucherov 88
Mantha 83 Henrik 90 Lecavalier 85
Glencross 80 Thompson 74 Ranford 76
Richard 64 Lindholm 61 Connolly 74
Barberio 85 Jones 84
Morrow 75 Spurgeon 85
Methot 78 Streit 84
MIller 86
Hellberg 70

#11 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

id rather retain higgins and move raymond and allow that spot go to kassian or jensen

#12 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Demitra
Erhoff
Torres
Johnson
Samuelsson
Rome

You forgot Pyatt and Bulis.
Posted Image

#13 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Players I would Keep
Sedins
Burrows
Kesler
Hansen
Higgins
Lapierrre
Weise
Bieksa
Hamhuis
Edler
Tanev
Schneids
Kassian

I would not mind getting rid of the others

#14 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Raymond, Booth, Luongo, Burrows.

#15 CptCanuck16

CptCanuck16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Wouldn't Mind Seeing Them Go:

Kesler
Booth
Burrows
Weise

Ballard
Edler
Bieksa
Garrison

Luongo

Players I'd Hate to See Go:

Higgins
Hansen
Raymond
Schreoder
The Sedins
Schnieder

#16 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Raymond, Booth, Luongo, Burrows.

What's wrong with Burrows??

Edited by Wheels22, 04 March 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#17 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Anyone can go if it brings us a cup

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#18 CptCanuck16

CptCanuck16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

My biggest problem with Burrows is that he is a dirty player. Him and Kesler with their trash talk and cheap shots is why a lot of teams despise the Canucks. Just look at the finger biting incident vs. Boston. How big of an embarrassment was that?

He's also a one trick pony. How many times are we going to see the 'patented' backhand-forehand move? Every goalie in the league knows what is coming when Burrows is in alone.

He has a great story, coming up from the ECHL, never being drafted, and now plays on the top line. He's also scored some HUGE goals for us over the years. I like the guy, I just think that he brings a negative to the team with the trash talk and dirty play. These guys are professionals. They shouldn't act like children on the play yard.

#19 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

My biggest problem with Burrows is that he is a dirty player. Him and Kesler with their trash talk and cheap shots is why a lot of teams despise the Canucks. Just look at the finger biting incident vs. Boston. How big of an embarrassment was that?

He's also a one trick pony. How many times are we going to see the 'patented' backhand-forehand move? Every goalie in the league knows what is coming when Burrows is in alone.

He has a great story, coming up from the ECHL, never being drafted, and now plays on the top line. He's also scored some HUGE goals for us over the years. I like the guy, I just think that he brings a negative to the team with the trash talk and dirty play. These guys are professionals. They shouldn't act like children on the play yard.

I haven't seen Burrows play dirty or trash talk in forever? I think your still stuck in like 2011.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#20 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

I'll agree that the hair pulling/finger biting is nothing to be proud of,but I would consider Burrows one of the more clutch guys on the team.....Besides,he's the only guy that really clicks with the Sedins.....With the exception of the odd selfish penalty,he's a very smart hockey player

#21 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

Would throw a rock through TV screen:
- Hank
- Dank
- Burrows
- Kesler
- Bieksa

Would be damned bummed about:
- Hamhuis
- Higgins
- Hansen
- Lappy
-Tanev

Neutral:
- Garrison
- Kassian

Like but okay with trading:
- Raymond
- Booth
- Edler (think of the return drool...)
- Schneider
- Schroeder

Little emotion either way:
- Alberts
- Barker
- Weise
- Sestito

Need to trade:
-Ballard (for obvious reason)

What I would like in a trade:
- At least 1 center, preferably 2. (Playmaker to push Kesler to wing, and a 3rd liner to give Schroeder more time in Chcago.)
- A veteran goalie preferably signed for next season as well or willing to extend.
- A right hand D.
- 5/6M in cap room.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#22 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

We don't really need him.

:emot-parrot: Yeah, I went.there.

Edited by Mad_Duck, 04 March 2013 - 08:34 PM.

I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#23 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Dirty play? you can count their combined major penalties on 1 hand. Burr and Kes are many things, but miles away from dirty players.

#24 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

At some point in time, CDC would have been willing to give away every player for free.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#25 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Do we really need him?

Anyways, I wouldn't give away any Nuck player for free. In order to fill the holes that we have, I would be willing to trade: Lu, Raymond, Schroeder, Weise, maybe Kes, maybe Edler, any prospect not named Lack, Gaunce or Jensen,

#26 kylecanuck

kylecanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

The only players that would really bug me to see go would be the sedins, burrows, Bieksa, kassian.

The only players I'd like to see go would be Ballard, luongo/schnieder, Raymond, maybe booth...

I also have this crazy thought in my head that Kesler might be on the block in the back of gillis' head which would both make me sad and happy to see him go.
The children, wont someone please think of the children!!!

#27 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

The PUCKHOGS kesler and booth...... Luongo ....

#28 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

i'd like to see something like this going into playoffs,

Sedin-Sedin- C.Perry
N.Jensen-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins- Schroeder - Hansen
Sestito-Pinnizzotto-LaPierre

Random 6'5 235 lb backup killer #2 + M.Raymond

Hamhuis- Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
(Meaner version of) AHLberts - Garrison

Barker, Connaughton
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#29 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

The players I would like to see stay for a good amount of time would be first and foremost the sedin twins obviously because in my opinion there the face of the canucks ever since linden and some of the other popular players retired or got traded. I also would like to see players like clutch burrows, kesler(even though he's injury prone and hasn't been on his game lately), bieksa, hamhuis. I would hate to see higgins lappy hansen or tanev go but not all of them can be on the canucks until there in there 40's lol. I'm fine with every other player gettin traded at one point or another as long as we get decent returns.

#30 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

I wish we would just trade a goal tender(at this point I don't care which one ) and AV but since that won't happen here are my lists.

Trade:
Goal tender (I don't care which one just trade one )
Ballard ( He doesn't deserve to be treated this way)
Garrison
Alberts

New guy.
Would be upset if they were traded but would be okay if we got a good return:
Higgins
Booth
Edler(for Weber :bigblush: )
Raymond (I think Higgy is a better all round player and I don't see us keeping them both)
Lappy
DO NOT TRADE:
Kesler
Hank
Dank
Burrows
Hamhuis
Bieska
Hansen
TANEV
KASSIAN
Schroeder
If it wasn't for the fact I think Edler could bring us back a SWEET return I would have him on this do NOT trade list but at the end of the day you need to trade something good to get something good. The reason I have Tanev (other then him being awesome) Kass, Schroeder on the do not trade list is because I think its important that we keep our young talent. The sedins will only take this team so far for so long, so we need to also think of the future.

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 04 March 2013 - 09:29 PM.

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.