The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Are Flyers and Canucks perfetc trade partners?

I think Philly is more interested in Edler than a goalie at this point. They might try to beef up their defense before giving up on bryzgalov. No way we give him up unless its a hefty return. But that might not be a bad idea for the Canucks future if you maximize an return on edler and then build a package around a goalie to another team for another young stud defenseman.

I've been proposing a deal like edler Raymond for couturier talbot 1st.

Then you have 2 first round picks and Schneider/luongo to throw around replacing edler.

Schneider both first round picks and Ballard for Adam Larsson David Clarkson 2nd

Then you've got rid of

Schneider Edler Ballard Raymond 1st

For

Couturier Larsson Talbot Clarkson

Sedin sedin Clarkson

Booth Kesler Kassian

Burrows Couturier Hansen

Lapierre Talbot Higgins

Hamhuis Larsson

Garrison Bieksa

Barker Tanev

Luongo

Chris Levesque

Lindy Ruff too? Or am I just being greedy haha

Tell me those teams don't at least consider those deals

I've been agreeing a lot with your posts lately, and think this is what we eventually need to do. Yes we lose 2 of our best assets but the return is well worth it. Re-tooling while staying competitive and gaining future assets to build around.

The only thing I would like to change is to try and get Jagr with a package surrounding Booth. I think his experience will help take this team to the next level.

Sedin sedin Clarkson

Burrows Kesler Jagr

Higgins Couturier Hansen

Lapierre Talbot Kassian

Hamhuis Larsson

Garrison Bieksa

Barker Tanev

Luongo

Chris Levesque

Though I think it's worth noting that it is a lot of player movement involved and Im pretty sure MG wouldn't do it. It's nice to dream though lol

Couturier, B Schenn, Simmonds...Yah, they definitely have some guys that are exactly what the Canucks should be looking for. Don't know why they'd trade them, unless they're done with Bryz and looking for a new #1. Very little cap room with these 2 teams, so that'll make it really tricky.

Couturier, B Schenn, Simmonds...Yah, they definitely have some guys that are exactly what the Canucks should be looking for. Don't know why they'd trade them, unless they're done with Bryz and looking for a new #1. Very little cap room with these 2 teams, so that'll make it really tricky.

IMO Edler to Flyers makes a whole lot of sense. They've been looking for that type of defenceman for a while now and would probably give good value to get him. His NTC also doesn't kick in until the summer and we have too many left d's, the rest all have NTC's already and you have to trade something to get something. I would take any of Couturier, Schenn, Simmonds, Voracek. They all fill our needs.

After that trade a goalie to find a top 4 right dman and a centerman/right winger. C'mon MG, make it happen.

IMO Edler to Flyers makes a whole lot of sense. They've been looking for that type of defenceman for a while now and would probably give good value to get him. His NTC also doesn't kick in until the summer and we have too many left d's, the rest all have NTC's already and you have to trade something to get something. I would take any of Couturier, Schenn, Simmonds, Voracek. They all fill our needs.

After that trade a goalie to find a top 4 right dman and a centerman/right winger. C'mon MG, make it happen.

I'm curious to see if Luongo can be traded to Philly for Courturier, plus some. In order for this to happen, though, I think a deal would be made in the off-season. I know Schneider hasn't performed to expectations this year, but he is MUCH younger than Lu (by like 6 years, no?). He's entering into his prime, and he's demonstrated that he's going to be a good young goalie in the NHL.

I still believe the Canucks are going to trade Lu and keep Schneids. Get Courturier. Man, he'd help with the depth in our centre positions. Gaunce, Courturier, Schroeder down the middle. looking good.

Get 'er done Gillis.

I'm curious to see if Luongo can be traded to Philly for Courturier, plus some. In order for this to happen, though, I think a deal would be made in the off-season. I know Schneider hasn't performed to expectations this year, but he is MUCH younger than Lu (by like 6 years, no?). He's entering into his prime, and he's demonstrated that he's going to be a good young goalie in the NHL.

I still believe the Canucks are going to trade Lu and keep Schneids. Get Courturier. Man, he'd help with the depth in our centre positions. Gaunce, Courturier, Schroeder down the middle. looking good.

Get 'er done Gillis.

I'm pretty sure if he could get couturier for luongo and a 1st it would have been done yesterday.

Doubt we get a young future star for him, you gotta trade Cory if you want that. Probably looking at a matthias howden and 2nd quality package for luongo at the very best.. Not bad but if you want future stardom you gotta give future stardom, not a current star in the latter half of his prime signed for an eternity.

Archived