277 replies to this topic

#241 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

This team is going to be pretty gassed tomorrow, bummer they didn't come out with any points could of used them before playing the blues.

Trade for Salo, We miss him desperately.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#242 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Funniest comment I've seen on here in a while.

Gillis: "Hi, Cody, remember all that trash talking you've since found out about through your agent and Dad? Hey, it was just a joke! Ha ha. Cody? Cody? Hello?"

And this is exactly why it will work. Gillis seems like the type of guy that would do this.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#243 kamloopsblazers22

kamloopsblazers22

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

well then , i guess we can always go to - make a wish foundation. So we can make a wish for the canucks to win a stanley cup for once. Maybe they can do it. make a wish will put crosby , toews , kane, sedin twins , all the best players in the league on the canucks for my wish. XD ehhehehehehe

#244 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,934 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

This team is going to be pretty gassed tomorrow, bummer they didn't come out with any points could of used them before playing the blues.

Trade for Salo, We miss him desperately.

Gillis is too stubborn to admit mistakes unfortunately.

And now he's in a position of weakness because any team he goes to for a trade is going to try and fleece him cause he'll wreak of desperation. If he had recognized that we had a weakness down the middle in the summer, instead of trying to get lucky with injuries, we would likely not be struggling to score.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#245 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

As much as I like Ballard, he seemed to be playing with the attitude of "I'm going to get scratched anyway, so I might as well do something to deserve it."

And Bieksa...please no more heart attacks like that.

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#246 The Big Luongo

The Big Luongo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

Wow calm down people.

In all fairness to MG and AV this team has not been healthy all season and the team hasn't been able to generate any chemistry because of it which is critical if you wan't to have a consistent winning team.

Wake up people its impossible to win on a nightly basis with a lineup like this! The teams are fighting every game tooth and nail theres a lot of parity in the league. There are just no easy nights when you have a decimated lineup like this.

All the other teams playing well for the most part have had line combinations together most of the year so far.

The Canucks haven't had it easy at all having a band aid group of AHL players always coming and going out of the lineup with no chemistry whatsoever.

Having said this the team has played well and deserved a better fate many nights and we are going to have some luck go our way its just the way it goes sometimes.

I would love to see MG pull off an awesome trade to help but unfortunately we don't have much for prospects to be trading them and it's not easy to find teams to take Luongo so the odds of that happening don't seem great.

All in all i still think we will still win the division and MG will be able to get somebody at some point and with a healthy team with good goaltending going into the playoffs will have just as good of a chance as anyone.

Take it easy people its not as bad you drama queens are making it.

#247 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

Yet another game of out shooting the opponent and out chancing them but losing.

How is this possible??? But when we get outshot and out played we win??
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#248 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

Wow calm down people.

In all fairness to MG and AV this team has not been healthy all season and the team hasn't been able to generate any chemistry because of it which is critical if you wan't to have a consistent winning team.

Wake up people its impossible to win on a nightly basis with a lineup like this! The teams are fighting every game tooth and nail theres a lot of parity in the league. There are just no easy nights when you have a decimated lineup like this.

All the other teams playing well for the most part have had line combinations together most of the year so far.

The Canucks haven't had it easy at all having a band aid group of AHL players always coming and going out of the lineup with no chemistry whatsoever.

Having said this the team has played well and deserved a better fate many nights and we are going to have some luck go our way its just the way it goes sometimes.

I would love to see MG pull off an awesome trade to help but unfortunately we don't have much for prospects to be trading them and it's not easy to find teams to take Luongo so the odds of that happening don't seem great.

All in all i still think we will still win the division and MG will be able to get somebody at some point and with a healthy team with good goaltending going into the playoffs will have just as good of a chance as anyone.

Take it easy people its not as bad you drama queens are making it.

+ 1 Exactly which is why i find it incredible that these guys are actually in a playoff spot LOL
I hate to say this but with the line-up we have right now, WE NEED TO PLAY TRAP HOCKEY!

#249 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

OMG, someone started a Canucks Panic Button twitter account :towel: Crazy people in BC I tell ya.

#250 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

And Bieksa...please no more heart attacks like that.

I immediately thought of this when that happened
Posted Image

#251 kamloopsblazers22

kamloopsblazers22

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

You realize Jordan Subban is 5'9" right? He's never going to play like PK.

We can get good players without tanking. 2011 was one of our strongest drafts in recent memory, and we were picking 29th.

The idea that you have to tank to get good players is wrong. Some of our best players we got later in rounds.

you do realize - jordan subban was born in 1995 and his bro Pk was born in 1989. Huge age difference there. Jordan could be still growing at that age.

#252 canucks4life83

canucks4life83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

90% of our shots are from the perimeter and just plain suck. We make every goalie look like a Vezina candidate

Posted Image

#253 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

The Globe and Mail
July 23rd Mike Gillis talking about a Luongo trade, "We’ve been given solid offers. Nothing we would do today. We’re going to continue the process with the teams that are interested.”

this kills me. Because NOW Gillis will not get solid offers. What was he waiting for? Florida doesn't want him back. TO is doing fine. Everyone's backups are playing great. Now he'll be very lucky just to dump Lu and his contract to the first sucker he can find. Maybe he'll get a 3th rounder thrown back as a favour.

#254 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

90% of our shots are from the perimeter and just plain suck. We make every goalie look like a Vezina candidate

No. Canucks Army scoring chances are only counted if they're taken within the "homeplate", the prime scoring chance area. You can read their blog about it. They're not perimeter shots.

#255 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

what a mess top to bottom....gotta have the patience of a Sedin...

#256 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,934 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

this kills me. Because NOW Gillis will not get solid offers. What was he waiting for? Florida doesn't want him back. TO is doing fine. Everyone's backups are playing great. Now he'll be very lucky just to dump Lu and his contract to the first sucker he can find. Maybe he'll get a 3th rounder thrown back as a favour.

Toronto is doing fine?

They're tied for 8th and have the second highest goals against out of the top 8 teams. Saying they're doing fine is a bit of a stretch.

I believe a deal could be done with Toronto, but I don't think Lu would waive his no trade to go there.

Tampa, Florida, and even Detroit likely all have interest still. They're might even be some mystery teams like San Jose or Washington that are interested.

Posted Image

#257 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,934 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

The Canucks have a -2 goal differential after tonight, while the Blackhawks have a +38...

Thinking about playing them in the first round is a scary thought.

Posted Image

#258 canucktican

canucktican

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

Something needs to happen. a trade or a coaching change....anything..

#259 Gunner Garrison

Gunner Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

Was at the game. So many empty seats, such a quiet crowd.

- Tanev made many many clearing mistakes in the game
- Luongo played okay....
- Hansen, Higgins are great players
- Canucks just aren't scoring threats
- Sedins were okay.. some cycling but really no penetration (heh)

fire av

#260 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

The "winning machine" gave up more goals than the other guy. 24 in his last 6 isn't helping.

#261 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Hahahahah, such an awful team.

I'm just expecting a loss in every single game at this point. Easily one of the worst in the NHL right now.

Sad, but so true.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#262 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

Tough one to swallow, Canucks owned this game and Backstrom robbed them. Wild's first regulation win in Vancouver since March 2008. I loved the effort tonight, but unfortunately it doesn't matter if you dont win, hope they show the same effort tomorrow and finish more of their scoring opportunities.
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#263 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

Toronto is doing fine?

They're tied for 8th and have the second highest goals against out of the top 8 teams. Saying they're doing fine is a bit of a stretch.

I believe a deal could be done with Toronto, but I don't think Lu would waive his no trade to go there.

Tampa, Florida, and even Detroit likely all have interest still. They're might even be some mystery teams like San Jose or Washington that are interested.

Why shouldn't he waive it? He did say that he would if it helped the team, that is a fact.
If Gillis somehow does orchestrate a trade (more doubtful now) will Luongo stand by his word or hold the Canucks hostage? If he chose the latter, well he most likely would be vilified to a higher degree than he might be now, and deservedly in my opinion.

#264 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

Actually thought they played with a little more heart this game, were just lacking in execution which is more of what one would expect taking injuries into consideration. And ease off Ballard you simpletons. The guy made a huge mistake that led to a goal but so did Edler. Hell, Edler makes a mistake that leads to a goal against every game. Ballard was actually playing really well until that one massive brain fart. This game didn't end well but it was at least a better effort. And good to see Garry on the 1st unit PP, now we just need someone capable of passing to feed him the puck.
Posted Image

#265 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

Every loss, you have ZERO faith in this team. after a win, you aren't ever around or compliment people.
With all the negative posts just in this thread from you I wouldn't be surprised if you got a day or two ban, especially after calling the mods gay.

Relaz the guy is a Burke/ Nonis boy and a chronic complainer to boot.

#266 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

Actually thought they played with a little more heart this game, were just lacking in execution which is more of what one would expect taking injuries into consideration. And ease off Ballard you simpletons. The guy made a huge mistake that led to a goal but so did Edler. Hell, Edler makes a mistake that leads to a goal against every game. Ballard was actually playing really well until that one massive brain fart. This game didn't end well but it was at least a better effort. And good to see Garry on the 1st unit PP, now we just need someone capable of passing to feed him the puck.

Garrison was set up numerous times.....he either missed the net or whiffed....

Every time our d wrists the puck to the net it actually gets there.

Edited by riffraff, 19 March 2013 - 06:13 AM.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#267 Ride the red Pony

Ride the red Pony

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

No finish, how many hits did the nucks put on the wild? How many faceoff wins? Sestito did throw a couple of nice hits, but hey as Garry Valk pointed out at the end of the game, you gotta start getting the ugly goals and if you aren't driving the net and gettin filthy, then they aren't gonna come.

#268 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

Why shouldn't he waive it? He did say that he would if it helped the team, that is a fact. If Gillis somehow does orchestrate a trade (more doubtful now) will Luongo stand by his word or hold the Canucks hostage? If he chose the latter, well he most likely would be vilified to a higher degree than he might be now, and deservedly in my opinion.

Wrong guy to get mad at ... Gillis is the one you should direct your 'villification' ... he's the idiot who gave him the 12 year contract and a NTC. Luongo has every right to waive any trade ... that's what a NTC means.

#269 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Wonder if AV is thinking to himself ... what if I took the Montreal gig back in the summer.

#270 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

No finish, how many hits did the nucks put on the wild? How many faceoff wins? Sestito did throw a couple of nice hits, but hey as Garry Valk pointed out at the end of the game, you gotta start getting the ugly goals and if you aren't driving the net and gettin filthy, then they aren't gonna come.

yeah we want the fancy sht way too often off a drop pass or cross ice behind the back feed off a no look tip pass...our big guys all want to be sedin's when the real payoff is fighting into and staying in and paying the price in... the prime real estate in the front of the net.not skating passed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.