The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Filip Forsberg

Im kinda curious as to why we didnt go after him. Or get him for that matter. I easily would have traded raymond, sweatt, friesen, 2nd, 3rd for him

I understand we are going for it all in the next few years but this guy is a stud. He is going to be a franchise player no doubt. I can see him being like jonathan toews.

You guys are mean. I guess I should take it as a compliment I'm being used as a replacement for IBTL and the spiderman pictures.

But seriously, this should be in Proposals or the Forsberg/Erat trade thread.

Im kinda curious as to why we didnt go after him. Or get him for that matter. I easily would have traded raymond, sweatt, friesen, 2nd, 3rd for him

I understand we are going for it all in the next few years but this guy is a stud. He is going to be a franchise player no doubt. I can see him being like jonathan toews.

I think you guys are undervaluing him a lot. He was in the top 3 for a lot of mock drafts and was projected to go top 3, the reason i think he dropeed was because of all the d men who were needed more. I think he has the leadership qualities and ok maybe hes not going to be the next toews but toews is the player he reminds me of. And i think we did have the pieces to acquire him without giving away our future. I dont see how erat is worth so much. Hes good but i mean raymond, 2nd > erat. So not sure how we didnt have the pieces to acquire him, like i said in the opening post raymond, sweatt, friesen, 2nd, 3rd i think could have gotten him. I think that package is much better then erat and latta

Did I say I was a mod? More importantly, am I incorrect that this is (was actually, it's in Proposals now) in the wrong section or that it already has a thread it could go in? The OP already agreed with that and it was moved as I mentioned. I am on here a lot though...

And your reasoning for why it's a bad trade is because we give up a roster player for him? Even if we were considering letting Raymond go as a cap casualty, or if he was replaced by Booth as a cap dump for us? I'd drop the picks, and maybe one of the prospects even, so I wouldn't do the trade as suggested, but I wouldn't be that offended if it was Raymond and Sweatt for

Forsberg.

He was simply the steal of the draft for WSH, i'm so disappointed in them trading away such a top quality player, I guess they felt they had enough young talent that he became an expendable piece, I also feel McPhee was under a lot of pressure to make the playoffs, they've been through 3 couches in 2 years his job was next on the chopping block.

He did drop in the draft but he also openly admitted he wouldn't be making the jump to the NHL in his first year. Just think 8 players that were selected before him we D he was the 3rd highest drafted forward last year. He will be a star in this league, he's got speed, hands, leadership, and size. If I'm Gillis I throw the book at bringing him in from NSH. Imagine what he could become with a couple of his fellow swedes mentoring him.

Archived