Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Honestly AV is getting out-coached again!

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#1 nitti999

nitti999

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:10 AM

POPULAR

The team isn't playing great, by the play on the boards in and out of the zone it's the same damn thing AV doesn't have any evolution to his coaching. He is honestly predictable. I could say worse but it is so evident. Bad line combos and terrible coaching.

#2 nitti999

nitti999

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

With that said Schneider may still bail him out. Although I am so sick of AV and his games. He is a joke and only made the cup finals by luck and his talented team.

Edited by nitti999, 02 May 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#3 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

POPULAR

Doesnt every coach outcoach him

#4 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,665 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:20 AM

We'll decide on that after the end of this series. He's down in a series for the 2nd consecutive year, let's see if he's learned how to adjust, because if he can't do that he'll never be a successful coach in the playoffs.

In 2011 the Canucks never had to adjust to other teams because they were the best - AV just put his faith in our stars to carry us. Now he's facing a new challenge and has to coach a lot more and work a lot harder to beat better opposition.

The Canucks were for all intense and purposes worse than the Sharks in the regular season (Sharks a couple of points behind the Canucks, but in a much tougher division). We are the underdogs in this series and AV has to be the difference in this series, because on the ice we're quite a bit worse.

Let's see how we adjust and play Game 2. Against LA we didn't change a thing and got thumped, that better not happen again or AV should be out of here.
Posted Image

#5 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,526 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

POPULAR

Oh good another AV cryfest.....

:frantic:

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#6 coyotecanuck

coyotecanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

reserving judgement till after playoffs...not that I know whereof I speak.

"Who knows, the center ice ref might have had a better view than the ref 5 feet away."

#7 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:24 AM

POPULAR

LOL @ blaming coaching everytime something goes wrong. Can't think of any in depth observations? Just go with the vague term of getting "outcoached".

#8 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

I do believe there is enough talent on the team right now to beat SJ and to make a serious run, but the full potential cannot be realized because of AV and his f-ing dumbass line up choices. He is ruining the team's chances with his stupidity. Its hopeless.

#9 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

POPULAR

Tonights loss wasn't on AV. Our star players didn't show up.

If he can't adjust and get these guys back on track next game, then it's on him.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#10 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

We obviously need more coaching threads.

#11 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,666 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

We'll decide on that after the end of this series. He's down in a series for the 2nd consecutive year, let's see if he's learned how to adjust, because if he can't do that he'll never be a successful coach in the playoffs.

In 2011 the Canucks never had to adjust to other teams because they were the best - AV just put his faith in our stars to carry us. Now he's facing a new challenge and has to coach a lot more and work a lot harder to beat better opposition.

The Canucks were for all intense and purposes worse than the Sharks in the regular season (Sharks a couple of points behind the Canucks, but in a much tougher division). We are the underdogs in this series and AV has to be the difference in this series, because on the ice we're quite a bit worse.

Let's see how we adjust and play Game 2. Against LA we didn't change a thing and got thumped, that better not happen again or AV should be out of here.

Our offense has been inconsistent all year. And in my opinion, that's worse than having bad offense. What I mean is that it's easier to adjust for a team that lacks goals (go heavy shutdown, suffocating style defending). When the offense is inconsistent, what can you do? Some internet guy like me doesn't have the answer to that, but he's hoping the Canucks coaching staff do.

#12 WindChaser

WindChaser

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

With that said Schneider may still bail him out. Although I am so sick of AV and his games. He is a joke and only made the SnL finals by luck and his talented team.

He made it to Saturday night live finals? Haha sorry couldn't resist xD

#13 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,682 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

As a long time av hater I personally don't think this games on him. This game lies on the twins and kesler. Everyone saidcour star players need to shine for us to win this series. And they didn't last night. Kesler and hank could barely mustard a faceoff tie while Daniel looked like he was scared to shoot for some reason. Mason Raymond was more effective than the twins last night. That's not good

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#14 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

With that said Schneider may still bail him out. Although I am so sick of AV and his games. He is a joke and only made the SnL finals by luck and his talented team.

Ahah yeh 5 division titles just because of his "talented" team lol where is that talented team now ?? He's one of the better coaches in the league and were going to come back stronger then ever.

#15 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:30 AM

OK well our top lines did not play to their potential so I think we will see something more positive from our boys Friday night. I'd like AV to keep Wiese in there for game 2 but as this is AVs team he will probably sit him, he was our best hitter out there.

#16 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

The fact that AV let the Sedins play any shifts against Couture in a home game is just crazy. I usually like Vigneault, but that was just something that stuck out as awful to me. With the last change at home, he should be matching lines a lot better.

zuhwS.gif

#17 rbochan

rbochan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

POPULAR

Somehow, this is Cody Hodgson's fault.
...Rob
The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
it's Don't Tread On Me.

#18 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

I dont like AV either but it's still an accomplishment to make the Saturday night Live finals.

#19 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

I know AV has been outcoached a lot of time, but not this time

This is just the players being outplayed. Thornton, Marleau didn't show up, Havlat left early and their #1 defenseman is playing forward. That's all on the players.

Kesler and the Sedins barely had any sustained pressure in the offensive zone.

#20 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

He made it to Saturday night live finals? Haha sorry couldn't resist xD

Damn, you beat me to it. Well done friend.

#21 vanhalendlrband

vanhalendlrband

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

The team isn't playing great, by the play on the boards in and out of the zone it's the same damn thing AV doesn't have any evolution to his coaching. He is honestly predictable. I could say worse but it is so evident. Bad line combos and terrible coaching.

What game were you watching? The Canucks were completely physical and San Jose was getting away with interference all game leading to San Jose attacks in our zone. We out hit San Jose by over 10 hits. Had they called the same penalties against San Jose it would've been lights out for San Jose.

#22 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

I heard AV discusses battle-strategies with that Kim-fellah in North Korea...

#23 LoganBattleaxe

LoganBattleaxe

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

I can say AV had something to do with the loss. I don't understand why he doesn't play the lines that have worked for us this year. Why change things up now?
Shroeder should have played last night on the third line. He may not be Roy but he has played a very similar game all season.
Roy needs to be on the 2nd line with Kesler. That second line looked very ineffective last night and alot of it had to do with Kassian holding on to the puck to long or getting out of position.
Ebbet hardly played last night as usual because the coaching staff doesn't trust him.
Time to bench him and put kassian on the fourth with lappy and weise.
I also shook my head at Alberts all night. He doesnt move the puck fast enough. it screwed up our transition game. I understand they want a big body with corrado but he looked out of his speed last night.
Ballard played well with tanev why not see how he does with corrado?

Av needs to ice the most effective lines instead of playing his favorites.
Worst of all is his inability to use his time outs effectively.
The canucks stopped hitting in the first and momentum was clearly for the sharks. After Boyle scored I'd have used a time out to refocus the group.

#24 skyfall

skyfall

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

I don't think he's being totally Outcoached... SJ is the faster team and they shut them down for the most part. What I'd like to see is more puck carrying/reverse of direction, shot fakes and Henrik shoot more. Also the shots could be taken before traffic comes rather than waiting. Sometimes coming in with speed for the rebound is more effective than waiting for a screen to come.

It's a tight series though. Honestly it was bit boring.

#25 Just Jimmy

Just Jimmy

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

So then the front line wasn't SEDIN-SEDIN-BURROWS?

if not then that's AV fault, but if that was the line and no scoring from the Sedin's you can hardly blame that on AV as that line has been together for awhile.

#26 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,175 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

Oh good another AV cryfest.....

:frantic:

LOL @ blaming coaching everytime something goes wrong. Can't think of any in depth observations? Just go with the vague term of getting "outcoached".

Must be the day after a loss...

As a long time av hater I personally don't think this games on him. This game lies on the twins and kesler. Everyone saidcour star players need to shine for us to win this series. And they didn't last night. Kesler and hank could barely mustard a faceoff tie while Daniel looked like he was scared to shoot for some reason. Mason Raymond was more effective than the twins last night. That's not good

Exactly. Hank and Dan had off nights for sure. Danny refusing to pull the trigger on good chances and Hank missing open players that he usually finds when his back is to them....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#27 literaphile

literaphile

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

After Luongo, Mason Raymond was the best Canuck. That, not AV, is what caused the loss.

#28 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

POPULAR

For those that say AV has nothing to do with the loss... OFCOURSE HE DOES

You say our stars didn't show up but it's kind of hard to show up when your dumb coach breaks up line combos that click. We knew going in that Sedins don't play well when they are the only ones that can be counted on to score goals. NOTHING has changed. We KNEW we would need scoring by committee rather than a strategy of rely on the Sedins to score and make lines 2-4 checking lines...

Who's the genius that split up Higgins Roy Kesler? That WAS our secondary scoring.
Who's the genius that split up Raymond Schroeder Hansen? That WAS our 3rd scoring line.

And then we cry that our stars couldn't muster up any offence...

lol

#29 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

For those that say it wasn't AV's fault, if AV decides to reunite the old lines that actually had chemistry and we win, will you admit that it was his fault?

Afterall, he's the guy that broke up those lines in the 1st place which resulted in uninspired play lacking production?

Or will you say the players finally showed up?

#30 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,682 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Must be the day after a loss...

Exactly. Hank and Dan had off nights for sure. Danny refusing to pull the trigger on good chances and Hank missing open players that he usually finds when his back is to them....

omg someone agrees with me.

Like how av stuck with kassian in top 6 even after the crappy penalty

Edited by TruCanuck, 02 May 2013 - 07:37 AM.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.