The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kelly Sutherland explanation for call on Daniel Sedin

J529

Guest Gumballthechewy

That was a penalty.

It wasn't boarding though, more so interference.

Wingles and Daniel were both going after the puck in the corner and Daniel shoved him away.

Well what is done is done and actually I do hope the Sharks have a very successful play-offs.

For me if everything had of been the other way around (SJ getting all the penalties), I would be angry as well, let the players play (that is playoff hockey). Let the skill and the drive to win determine the series... that is all I ask, the refs should be there to insure player saftey and that no team is cheating, anything beyond that should be taken out of their influence especially in the playoffs.

Gillis went down this road with Sestito,Weisse,Piini,Kassian,so yes,the Canucks are going down this road.

I say the game now sucks as it is and the game needs international ice and international refs at playoff time-bare minimum.

Otherwise,you are sending talented players out into a violent gong show without proper protection,which Gillis can be accused of.

His immature & personal vendetta against the Canucks has been so obvious and well documented that I hope even fans of other teams see it and take him to task. Refs with real integrity should be pissed off at scumbags like him, because he gives them all a corrupt image.

the whole series was a case how not clinic on reffing.

the tap called for a cross check game one

the slash to the right hand of thorton and he shakes out his left hand

counts less dives by couture bieska bumping him behind the net and he goes sailing.

the puck that crosses the goal ling and is covered and gloved out by a d man

thorton diving after a touch by hansen but when keslser get driven from behind nothing

the bieska penalty that lead to the trying goal was a penalty a diving penalty

and then the hard hitting sedin send a wiggles diving into the boards where he needs help a total joke. in th pitsburg game cooke delivers the exact same hit no call and leads to a goal.

owneship needs ask how much it costs to buy some officials so they might one day get a fair shake. either that or hire some private investigators to look into the chance of rigging much like the english premier league. 330 games and ten years

owneship needs ask how much it costs to buy some officials so they might one day get a fair shake. either that or hire some private investigators to look into the chance of rigging much like the english premier league. 330 games and ten years

That Wingles was punished by Daniel Sedin a player not known for hits let alone a brutal shoulder to shoulder slam into the boards, show everyone what a joke the NHL is now.The fact that a ref 80 ft away called it a penalty and the ref close by did not is amazing.Its a wonder the refs didn't call Toronto foic: the r a decision also. This Wingles is kind of a piece of work isn't he. A player that through several self imposed slams into the boards decides the fate of a game. MVP of the series of 4 games. They will have to start a new statistic: "the number of dives undetected by the refs".

Archived