The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This should give us cause for concern.....

Bodee

I looked into this after watching how well the Detroit team performed last night. (I didn't think the score reflected the play by the way.)

3 Detroit players currently earning $4.0M. or more. Only 2 of those earning more than $5.0M

uTCiEVA.png

DZODepW.png

Vancouver have a 11 players earning $4.0M or more. 4 of those earning over $5.0M.

MMreIPs.png

Kg9ets0.png

The irony is when you watch the teams play, it looks like the other way round. How is this doing it the Detroit way.

Now when you watch the type of game teams play it becomes more alarming. One team Detroit plays puck possession (the game that puts you under most pressure as an individual player, especially in the playoffs) while Vancouver are forever dumping the puck. The "no trust in my players" system.

So not only are we overpaying our players, we seem to be paying them to NOT play hockey. Our passing (with the exception of the Sedins and Raymond) is dark ages compared to the other elite teams.

Conclusions.

MG has not understood the role of a General Manager, in fact he still seems to think he's a players agent.

AV has in fact done much better with these players and that system than they deserve. In fact it appears to me now that he has employed that negative system for the sole purpose of suiting a bottom heavy group of overpaid players.

Lastly, it appears to me that not only has our GM stitched us up with the Lu contract (which ironically I have no problem with because I still think he is the best) but worse still he has hung bloated contracts around the heads of most of our average players as well.

After watching Detroit play the first round and game one of the second round it became quite clear they have more skill than the Canucks. It isn't just scoring ability, it's the little plays they make that open up ice (head fakes, feints) not to mention they ALWAYS support the puck (as a puck possession team relying on skill should). Canucks and the Wings style of play couldn't be more different than it is. Gillis can call our team a "Detroit modeled puck possession team" all he wants, it doesn't make it true. It makes him look like he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Line by line they beat us in skill. I have never doubted that. We are a group of players that look like skill players when with the Sedins. Without the Sedins we are not and will not be a high skill team. The rest of the players are far from elite skill players. I mean throughout most of the league Burrows/Raymond/Higgins/Hansen/Kassian/Booth are all fringe to not even belonging top 6 players. Yet we rely on them to make meaningful contributions to this team and when they dont we complain about why not. We dont understand that they do not belong there.

We need to infuse our top 6 with skill players and use our bottom 6 to bang and crash. Not infuse all 4 lines with a confusion of players that dont know their role from game to game.

So you started a 4 paragraph thread including 2 full capgeek charts just to say detroits future cap situation is better than ours? I'm tired of all these bs selective stat posts. Why don't you include all the flyers wild pens devils and leafs future problems too? All you have to say about this team is complete garbage bodee. Why are you even a fan then. Why don't you get a wings jersey, put "raymond 21" on the back and join their boards. I'm so sick of you and your negative attitude.

So you started a 4 paragraph thread including 2 full capgeek charts just to say detroits future cap situation is better than ours? I'm tired of all these bs selective stat posts. Why don't you include all the flyers wild pens devils and leafs future problems too? All you have to say about this team is complete garbage bodee. Why are you even a fan then. Why don't you get a wings jersey, put "raymond 21" on the back and join their boards. I'm so sick of you and your negative attitude.

hint: it's because kenny holland is one of the best in the game, and gillis is a joke.

i can't help but picture holland and the rest of the wings organization rolling their eyes and chuckling every time gillis compares the canucks to them.

Let's see .. some folks can see nothing but negativity and some folks can only see the positive aspects .. those who dwell in the middle are largely ignored by the "prima donna" radical posters who propigate their own self-aggrandized "opinion" .. looking at life from the bottom of the glass must warp one's perspective eventually ..

Detroit has two dynamic "game change" players .. it appears we should have 3 minmum, but none performed up to their paychecks .. then compound that with less than stellar coaching at every level and you have the current Canucks .. changes MUST be made at all levels .. PERIOD ..

We now return you to your regularly scheduled whine-fest ..

Let's see .. some folks can see nothing but negativity and some folks can only see the positive aspects .. those who dwell in the middle are largely ignored by the "prima donna" radical posters who propigate their own self-aggrandized "opinion" .. looking at life from the bottom of the glass must warp one's perspective eventually ..

Detroit has two dynamic "game change" players .. it appears we should have 3 minmum, but none performed up to their paychecks .. then compound that with less than stellar coaching at every level and you have the current Canucks .. changes MUST be made at all levels .. PERIOD ..

We now return you to your regularly scheduled whine-fest ..

I looked into this after watching how well the Detroit team performed last night. (I didn't think the score reflected the play by the way.)

3 Detroit players currently earning $4.0M. or more. Only 2 of those earning more than $5.0M

uTCiEVA.png

DZODepW.png

Vancouver have a 11 players earning $4.0M or more. 4 of those earning over $5.0M.

MMreIPs.png

Kg9ets0.png

The irony is when you watch the teams play, it looks like the other way round. How is this doing it the Detroit way.

Now when you watch the type of game teams play it becomes more alarming. One team Detroit plays puck possession (the game that puts you under most pressure as an individual player, especially in the playoffs) while Vancouver are forever dumping the puck. The "no trust in my players" system.

So not only are we overpaying our players, we seem to be paying them to NOT play hockey. Our passing (with the exception of the Sedins and Raymond) is dark ages compared to the other elite teams.

Conclusions.

MG has not understood the role of a General Manager, in fact he still seems to think he's a players agent.

AV has in fact done much better with these players and that system than they deserve. In fact it appears to me now that he has employed that negative system for the sole purpose of suiting a bottom heavy group of overpaid players.

Lastly, it appears to me that not only has our GM stitched us up with the Lu contract (which ironically I have no problem with because I still think he is the best) but worse still he has hung bloated contracts around the heads of most of our average players as well.

uTCiEVA.png

DZODepW.png

MMreIPs.png

Kg9ets0.png

Conclusions.

Detroit is a destination hockey club, MG said he was going to make Vancouver one but did not.

Remember a couple of years ago CDC keeners said MG would never trade a UFA signing because if would send a message to others thinking of signing here. He promptly traded Samuelson & Sturm (after 6games), Sulzer after 1/2 a season, demoted Bitz for Kassian and previously failed to sign Torres and Erhoff.

Torres was the one "Smallball" success in Gillis' tenure and he let him walk after 1 season.

I do not hink Vancouver is the Destination that Detroit is, hence the bloated, NT contracts.

Archived