The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks will have interest in Matt Hendricks

He can play left wing and center, take faceoffs, block shots, hit and work on the penalty kill. "I think I've established myself more in this league," Hendricks said. "Proved I can play throughout the lineup - special teams, penalty kill, things like that. I'm pretty good at faceoffs. I think I'm just more of an established player at this level." Washington GM George McPhee praised Hendricks for his work, but it's unclear if the team wants to commit to the longer term deal that he is reportedly seeking. Hendricks hopes to be back with the Capitals though and several of his teammates want that to happen as well.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NHL&id=2828&line=186897&spln=1

Good replacement for Manny but they need to stop bringing in all the same types of players and all bottom 6 type guys. This team needs some real scoring threats in the top 6. If this type of signing is all we see then the Canucks will get no further. Let's just hope it isn't huge money with a NTC like every other deal GIllis hands out.

Archived