The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bryzgalov will NOT be bought out as per agent Rich Winter

Drouin

http://t.co/jpXS72FkWB - [link for story]

Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren has informed Ilya Bryzgalov's agent the goaltender will not be bought out after the Stanley Cup Final is concluded, according to multiple reports.

In other news, Josh Rimer also reported forward Daniel Briere has been told he will be bought out after the Stanley Cup Final. Bryzgalov has seven years left on a nine-year contract with an average cap hit of $5.6 million per season.

Guess with the signing of Streit, that rules out an Edler/Luo deal to Philly.

Rich Winter just went on record stating that the Flyers will NOT be buying Ilya Bryzgalov out as rumours have suggested. Winter was informed via team management earlier today that the team plans to go ahead with Bryz as their #1 netminder. Briere will indeed be bought out apparently though.

This leaves the Flyers still currently over the cap with holes yet to be filled.

I will be posting the rest of the links via winters release as they appear but here is the link via FB feed from guys who work with various teams or agencies and have been spot on with these before even Mckenzie.

Keep in mind please that Richards and Carter were both assured they'd not be moved as well days before being traded to LA and Columbus respectively so something could still be in the works.

https://www.facebook.com/HockeyRandT

Does this mean tomorrow someone will find a report suggesting he will be bought out ?

Bryzgalov is a good goaltender but he was hidden as a backup in Anaheim and had much less pressure in Phoenix, he was thriving in such an environment, just too much pressure on him in Philadelphia I think.

Haha, dumb dumb dumb. Did Bryz not make it clear this year that he doesn't enjoy playing in Philly?

Good luck trying to trade him to anyone.

I guess a trade could still be made that sees another team buy out his contract.

Rich Winter just went on record stating that the Flyers will NOT be buying Ilya Bryzgalov out as rumours have suggested. Winter was informed via team management earlier today that the team plans to go ahead with Bryz as their #1 netminder. Briere will indeed be bought out apparently though.

This leaves the Flyers still currently over the cap with holes yet to be filled.

I will be posting the rest of the links via winters release as they appear but here is the link via FB feed from guys who work with various teams or agencies and have been spot on with these before even Mckenzie.

Keep in mind please that Richards and Carter were both assured they'd not be moved as well days before being traded to LA and Columbus respectively so something could still be in the works.

https://www.facebook.com/HockeyRandT

I'm thinking a trade will happen with Bryzgalov, he will be traded along with ALOT of value for something decent. So they can get rid of his contract not gonna have to use 2 buyouts...

Archived