66 replies to this topic

#31 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Philly in on Bobby Ryan??... crap.... Our new divison rival about to get even better no doubt... Theyll probs part with the Schenn bros to get him.

#32 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

Haha, dumb dumb dumb. Did Bryz not make it clear this year that he doesn't enjoy playing in Philly?

Good luck trying to trade him to anyone.

I guess a trade could still be made that sees another team buy out his contract.

Absolutely. Holmgren is speaking lawyer talk. He may not buy him out, but it's likely that Bryz will be part of a bigger deal to go to another team who will buy him out.

Edited by MJDDawg, 18 June 2013 - 08:10 PM.

4X5ed5z.gif

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#33 Baka

Baka

ばか

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

Kind of disappointed they didn't buy him out I had a good feeling about Steve Mason with how hot he was with the Flyers (.944 save percent and a GAA of 1.90)

But if I was to be an optimist early in the season Bryz was really hung out to dry by the defense and did have some amazing games where he gave the Flyers a chance to win. With a better healthier defense in front of him he may find it in himself to maintain some consistency. Probably wishful thinking but not impossible, he has at least shown flashes of old Bryz in spurts.

Philly in on Bobby Ryan??... crap.... Our new divison rival about to get even better no doubt... Theyll probs part with the Schenn bros to get him.

Ryan's value could pull 1 but not even close to getting both.

Also the Ryan to Philly rumors involve Braydon Coburn and the 11th overall pick.

Posted Image

#34 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,324 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

:picard:

Note to Mike Gillis: Never draft or sign a Rich Winters client.

What an idiot. I hate when agents go behind GMs back like that. This isn't doing Bryzgalov any favors.

I wonder if Winters is going to roll out another 900 page manifesto about this.

#35 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,304 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

Absolutely. Holmgren is speaking lawyer talk. He may not buy him out, but it's likely that Bryz will be part of a bigger deal to go to another team who will buy him out.

If Philly can't afford to buy him out, why would any other team be able to afford it? It doesn't make much sense that they'd give up the extra assets it'd take to move him to begin with when they could just buy him out themselves. What would you prefer if the money wasn't as much of a hinderance: trade away players like Couturier, Schenn, Simmonds and Voracek just to entice someone to take Bryz, or pay the buyout penalty but keep your team intact?

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year.

#36 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

If Philly can't afford to buy him out, why would any other team be able to afford it? It doesn't make much sense that they'd give up the extra assets it'd take to move him to begin with when they could just buy him out themselves. What would you prefer if the money wasn't as much of a hinderance: trade away players like Couturier, Schenn, Simmonds and Voracek just to entice someone to take Bryz, or pay the buyout penalty but keep your team intact?

Obviously trade away players like Couturier ... :bigblush: But in all seriousness, i'm surprised Holmgrens had his job this long :picard:

#37 Baka

Baka

ばか

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

Obviously trade away players like Couturier ... :bigblush: But in all seriousness, i'm surprised Holmgrens had his job this long :picard:

Homer may be themost trigger happy but it doesn't matter who the Flyers GM is as long as Ed Snider owns the team he will influence frequent change if things don't go well.

Posted Image

#38 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

Homer may be themost trigger happy but it doesn't matter who the Flyers GM is as long as Ed Snider owns the team he will influence frequent change if things don't go well.

Lol, we should work a deal with Philly, I can guarantee that Holmgren would pull the trigger lol

#39 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

They could buy out Timonen. He wouldn't be their first choice from the hockey side of things, but he is pretty old and he makes 6 million next year so from a cap and money perspective he's perfect.

#40 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,024 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

I like Bryz and I think he is a starter in the league, why buy him out over 1.5m that will be erased after the season when the cap goes up as it does every year, aside from the anomaly year coming up?

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#41 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

They could buy out Timonen. He wouldn't be their first choice from the hockey side of things, but he is pretty old and he makes 6 million next year so from a cap and money perspective he's perfect.

Except they have no D and they just resigned Kimmo. Bryz is done. He's not a very good goalie that is also a nut job. As said in the follow up tweet, Homlgren never said he wouldn't buy him out, he will do what's best for the team.

#42 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 27,472 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

Holmgren or Gillis? Who's worse?

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 19 June 2013 - 07:38 AM.

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#43 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,558 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

Sounds like Bryz may be bought out after all?

According to CSNPhilly.com's Tim Panaccio the Philadelphia Flyers have not offered any assurances to goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov.
There was a report that Bryzgalov's agent, Ritch Winter, had been told by the Flyers that the Russian goalie would not be bought out by the team, but that appears to be false. GM Paul Holmgren told CSN: "I didn't assure Ritch Winter of anything. When the time comes to do our business we will do whatever is best for our hockey team." Philadelphia is currently in the hunt for another goaltender and if they manage to bring in someone else then Bryzgalov will probably be bought out. However, it's also possible that he will share the crease with Steve Mason in 2013-14.

Jun 19 - 11:48 AM

Edited by Heretic, 19 June 2013 - 02:51 PM.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

cdc-unavailable.jpg

#44 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Sounds like Bryz may be bought out after all?

According to CSNPhilly.com's Tim Panaccio the Philadelphia Flyers have not offered any assurances to goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov.
There was a report that Bryzgalov's agent, Ritch Winter, had been told by the Flyers that the Russian goalie would not be bought out by the team, but that appears to be false. GM Paul Holmgren told CSN: "I didn't assure Ritch Winter of anything. When the time comes to do our business we will do whatever is best for our hockey team." Philadelphia is currently in the hunt for another goaltender and if they manage to bring in someone else then Bryzgalov will probably be bought out. However, it's also possible that he will share the crease with Steve Mason in 2013-14.

Jun 19 - 11:48 AM

Lol, know never to trust anything on Holmgren haha

#45 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,304 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Lol, know never to trust anything on Holmgren haha

Or Winter for that matter.

#46 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,884 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

I don't think Homer, management, or even many players on Philly like Bryz at all. I think Briere was well-respected there which is why the situation was handled with such class.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#47 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,884 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

I like Bryz and I think he is a starter in the league, why buy him out over 1.5m that will be erased after the season when the cap goes up as it does every year, aside from the anomaly year coming up?

huh? The cap is going down by like 7M after this year and the buyout would have 0 affect on the cap.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#48 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:21 AM

Carter was told he wouldn't be traded days before he was traded. Holmgrem has no ethics and will do whatever he feels like on a day-to-day basis.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#49 Baka

Baka

ばか

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

Holmgren or Gillis? Who's worse?

Likely bias but I would say Gillis.

Gillis is like EA he sells you the same thing every year with a new label.
Homer blows up the team every year in an exciting experience of fresh faces and new outcomes (even if the outcome is usually the same).

Basically both are weak but Homer makes it entertaining :bigblush:

Posted Image

#50 votrechien

votrechien

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

Or they won't buy him out because they expect the Canucks to take back his salary and buy him out themselves.
No advertising please.

#51 terrible.dee

terrible.dee

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Getting rid of Bryz isn't just about the money, his presence is a negative influence that needs to be removed.

#52 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,304 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

Or they won't buy him out because they expect the Canucks to take back his salary and buy him out themselves.

I doubt they do that just to give up the extra assets it would take to convince us to take him. 'Taking Luongo off our hands' isn't exactly incentive enough, especially considering they could use him, so would they give us Couture and their 1st just so we'd buyout Bryz for them? Remember, they aren't a poor franchise so the cost isn't more onerous for them than it would be for us.

#53 swflyers28

swflyers28

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

It should be an interesting few weeks, when is it not in Flyerdom. Patience is wearing thin. :picard:

Edited by Phillyfangal, 20 June 2013 - 01:25 PM.

ffffff_zpsi4fp3h1c.jpg

#54 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

They should have let teams have more than 2 compliance buyouts. Some teams would probably like to use 3 or 4.

#55 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

Except they have no D and they just resigned Kimmo. Bryz is done. He's not a very good goalie that is also a nut job. As said in the follow up tweet, Homlgren never said he wouldn't buy him out, he will do what's best for the team.

Ok my bad.

#56 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 78,665 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

@BroadStBull 3m
The #Flyers are still undecided about whether to buyout G Ilya Bryzgalov, a club source confirmed. They have until July 4 to decide.

307mg00.jpg

#57 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

What kind of moronic owner would throw that much money away? It's a business. Is buying out that goalie to replace his contract with other players really going to make him that money back? I think not.

He would more likely wait until Bryz runs to Russia. I would simply not play Bryz until that was the case if I were running the show down there.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#58 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,979 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

What kind of moronic owner would throw that much money away? It's a business. Is buying out that goalie to replace his contract with other players really going to make him that money back? I think not.

He would more likely wait until Bryz runs to Russia. I would simply not play Bryz until that was the case if I were running the show down there.

I think if they can convince another team to take his contract (like Vancouver), they will. And I think they'd be willing to give up Couturier to do it.

The question is, is Aquilini wiling to shell out a couple mil for the next 9 years in order to acquire a stud centerman?

The alternative is buying out Luongo, or getting a crap return for him. Neither one being very ideal.

These billionaire owners all have the top accountants that can hide losses like that in different places. I really don't think it's as big of a deal as people think. However in saying that, I think a team with financial troubles like NYI is a much more likely trading partner.

Edited by DeNiro, 23 June 2013 - 03:30 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#59 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

After trading for Brygalov and signing him to a crazy contract, Holmgren should have been fired. Just horrible, no one thought that was a good idea. No one.

#60 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.