The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Rangers not willing to trade 3 players, rest are available

Burrows and Edler tbh would be main pieces the Rags would want from us since they were great under AV and not doing half as well under Torts...Callahan would be a good piece but his UFA standing and I just don't see him wating to resign in Van so having said that Girardi makes our blueline stronger while Stepan or Richards at 50% make our top6 stronger

NYR: Burrows, Edler, conditional 1st(depending on if Richards comes over is a 3rd if Stepan a 1st)

Van: Girardi, Stepan/Richards at 50%

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler/Hansen/Kassian/Stepan

Richards/Higgins-Kesler/Richards/Stepan-Kesler/Stepan/Kassian/Hansen

Higgins/Booth-Santo-Kassian/Hansen

Booth/Sestito-Richardson-Weise

Hamhuis-Tanev

Garrison-Girardi

Stanton-Bieksa

The Rangers will not withhold salary. Richards will get bought out in the summer. Stepan is worth considerably more than what you are offering and thats without the salary retention.

Stepan

Callahan

McDanough

in that order

If Tanev keeps playing like this Edler at 5 mill expendable, but it does send a sour message to guys trying to sign here for a home town discount...

although, Hansen, Schroeder or Jensen, 2014st should be enough to get Callahan who is a pending UFA, doubt he would have a problem resigning under torts

One 30 goal, 50 point season.

The rest pretty modest 20 goal, 40 point campaigns.

Even an idiot can see that's not what the Canucks need right now, he's a more physical Chris Higgins.

I love Santo but Higs Kes Callahan is a wicked 2nd line. Hell I'd even throw Callahan on the first line to give the Sedins some much needed bite. Burr lost his bite trying too hard to be Sedin 2.0.

Anyone who doesn't think Callahan is a top 6 forward is a troll or an idiot. Two way forwards put up 40-50 points and play really solid D. Sedins put up points, Callahan and Burr are there to make up for their lack of D and be modest offensive threat.

I'd take Callahan for Burr and a pick to be honest. Burr could benefit being with AV again, although I'd reckon Callahan is not being shopped. He's from NY no?

The nice thing about a trade with NYR is that Torts knows those players REALLY well. He seems to really understand player's strengths and weaknesses and how to use them. It takes some of the risk out of the trade. You have to believe that Gillis would be very interested in Torts opinion on ranger players. Perhaps there's someone on that roster that is a little more under-rated that Torts would want to put in a good word for.

I love Santo but Higs Kes Callahan is a wicked 2nd line. Hell I'd even throw Callahan on the first line to give the Sedins some much needed bite. Burr lost his bite trying too hard to be Sedin 2.0.

Anyone who doesn't think Callahan is a top 6 forward is a troll or an idiot. Two way forwards put up 40-50 points and play really solid D. Sedins put up points, Callahan and Burr are there to make up for their lack of D and be modest offensive threat.

I'd take Callahan for Burr and a pick to be honest. Burr could benefit being with AV again, although I'd reckon Callahan is not being shopped. He's from NY no?

I think Callahan would play with the Sedins. I honestly wouldn't even think about breaking up that second line.

I really can't see Callahan in another jersey...same with girardi

BUT as much as I would love callahan in the top 6, don't forget he is a UFA at seasons end and I wouldn't be surprised If he commands 5m+ a year, is he worth it?...Sedins, burrows, kesler and Callahan? Where's the room for horvat, shinkaruk and kassian?

I really can't see Callahan in another jersey...same with girardi

BUT as much as I would love callahan in the top 6, don't forget he is a UFA at seasons end and I wouldn't be surprised If he commands 5m+ a year, is he worth it?...Sedins, burrows, kesler and Callahan? Where's the room for horvat, shinkaruk and kassian?

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Shinkaruk - Kesler - Callahan

Higgins - Horvat - Burrows

Richardson - Santorelli - Hansen

Honestly, that's the perfect mix of players and the right line mates for Shinkaruk, Horvat, and Kassian.

They traded an overpaid and slop player in Scott Gomez for McDonagh xD Lol the Canadiens.

But this article is pointless. They basically just said 3 players are untouchable. That is around the general standard most teams have. Everyone else can be traded but they aren't going to trade them cheap they will still want large prices on most.

I mean think about the Canucks. How many players are truly untradeable for any package?

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Shinkaruk - Kesler - Callahan

Higgins - Horvat - Burrows

Richardson - Santorelli - Hansen

Honestly, that's the perfect mix of players and the right line mates for Shinkaruk, Horvat, and Kassian.

I've thought about it and it only could work if the Sedins decline as top 6 players sync up with shinkaruk and horvat rise as they players we hope they can be....I really see horvat growing into a couture type player and he took about 4 years to become the player he is today and that is same amount of years the Sedins have on their new deal that will kick in next year

The last thing we need is another Hodgson type situation in regards too horvat, shinkaruk or kassian

Not what I meant.

I was exaggerating his role somewhat yes, but that's the type of player he is. I take a sniper/playmaker in my top 6 over a grinder any day of the week.

So you'd take Vanek over Callahan? What about Semin?

Callahan is built for the playoffs, built to win. I want solid, physical, 2-way players. Not streaky scorers.

So you'd take Vanek over Callahan? What about Semin?

Callahan is built for the playoffs, built to win. I want solid, physical, 2-way players. Not streaky scorers.

How far have Callahan type players like Higgins, Burrows, and Hansen taken the Canucks in the playoffs the past few years?

The Canucks need a Vanek.

How far have Callahan type players like Higgins, Burrows, and Hansen taken the Canucks in the playoffs the past few years?

The Canucks need a Vanek.

We do need a quality offensive sniper/winger, but I'm not sold Vanek would be our fit. That being said, I also don't think this team necessarily needs Callahan either. I'd much rather have Stepan to solidify us down the middle and hope Burrows will regain his scoring ways with the Sedins when he comes back.

For who though? I understand it would be in the NYR's best interest to get something for Staal and not lose him for nothing once he hits free agency. Then maybe after they turn around and trade for Edler?

That's a good question, maybe Staal could be part of a package for Skinner or something? New York would likely have to add. I'm not entirely sure what Skinner's value is at right now, but I could see Carolina wanting someone to boost their back end. And Carolina sure does love it's Staal brothers, so maybe there's something to be had? I don't know anything about Carolina's prospects so I'm not going to attempt something on that front, but picks are always an option too.

I dunno, it's more the Staal name that makes it intriguing to me than any actual likelihood.

Archived