The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Sportsnet's Hockey Cenral: Should the Canucks consider moving Bo Horvat

Southpop45

I actually think NYI would have considered a deal of Edler, Shnieder and Coho for Tavares in the past offseason. JT had yet to put up ppg, and they were crying for a goalie and D-man. All under term, with Coho a RFA and adequate replacement for Tavares.. Snow at least thinks bout it.

good argument, but snow would never do that because Tavares was the absolute face of the franchise and goals sell tickets.

You make a great point about Gillis' failure to use foresight and say "Hey, I am trying to move coho and I am holding onto schneider to see how Lou dose in the upcoming playoffs...why don't I just wait a second and see if I can package coho + the goalie we decide not to go with after the playoffs are over"

nope, we expect too much out of Gillis and the bunch of group thinkers he has hired

Oh the analysts are finally figuring out the Canucks need primary scoring. Sorry guys you are several years too late.

Also they need to add to the prospect pool not take away from it, it's weak enough as it is.

this

we need to acquire a young top 2C (wink ROR) without moving any of our top prospects

Gillis, you are telling me that:

Edler + Hansen+ 1-2 of (Jensen, Sauve, Tommernes, Mallet, Lain, labate etc)

cannot get you a young top 6 forward?

ex

Edler + Hansen + Jensen + Sauve for:

Brayden Schenn - now I think Philly would do this

ROR - it is possible, especially with the expensive salary as an RFA

if ROR gets moved, it better be to the canucks

I think the only move that needs to be done is fire Mike Gillis. He signs to many forwards that he hopes play better then what they have been. If we want to get a cup with the Sedins then move them to the second line and get a real #1 line winger to play with Kes or a top center and move Kes to the side. I dont trust Gillis to make a move like that after all his trade blunders..... #1 new Gm #2 Top winger trade #3 Stanley cup lol

Our Future:

Bo

Hunter

Kass

Shinkarirk

Gaunce

Cassels

Fox

Grenier

Jensen

schroeder - I personally feel he is a bust, I'd love to be surprised though

-all of these guys have a shot at being top 6 forwards some day, some have more of a chance than others

Lain

Labate

Mallet

and some of the guys above would round out the bottom 6

-basically, I am drooling all over ROR and want us to trade Edler + - any 2 of

Hansen

Jensen

Sauve

Tommernes

Mallet

Labate

Lain

2nd

or a 1st + edler if they send us back a second and a third

Kesler ROR kassian -now that would be a "heavy line"

I would love that trade as well

So you don't see any difference between 6'2" and 6'... so what the difference between 5'9 and 6ft. OH...there goes that argument.

Seriously.. you are going to quote Junior numbers as some authority on future NHL performance... geez... come on.... Only if it was that simple... you too could draft for the Canucks. Andrew Ladd by the way is 6ft 3in.... and 2 Stanley Cups.

You saw what Horvat did at the World Juniors against the toughest competition... ZERO points in 5 games....you think it gets easier in the NHL. He is three years away.

I just don't wanna wait... sorry .

Claiborne coconuts is owning you in this discussion :)

ROR for Edler, Hansen, Jensen and if we absolutely have to I would add in our first this year and ask for a second and third back.

sorry for repeatedly posting this but I think this move is a move that helps our team immensely. I truly believe that ROR along with guys like Lack, Tanev, Horvat, Gaunce and Shinkarurk will form an excellent core for our future. That, and I am home sick from work, hate missing work and going a little bananas

If the Canucks trade Horvat, here is the only suitable scenario:

To Nashville:

Alex Edler (presuming he'd waive his NTC)

Bo Horvat

Jannik Hansen

Nicklas Jensen

To Vancouver:

Shea Weber

Anything less is uncivilized.

I would do that actually - lol but would prefer getting a stud forward

nice proposal

A throw away season... ridiculous!!.... They will be no closer to a Cup in three years under your plan... when Horvat is maybe contributing at an NHL level. Don't you get that... this team standing pat is going to die and is a disservice to the Core of this team. You'd be better off cheering for a team like Edmonton or Florida...they got all the prospects you would have loved 2, 3 and 4 years ago.... You'd never trade a prospect because.... WHY exactly??? yeah you would never have traded for Jeff Carter.... you just don't get how to win a Stanley Cup but I get it... you don't actually care if you win the Stanley Cup. All you care about is keeping your 'prospects' for the future. A hopeless future for you my friend.

Before you trade for a Jeff Carter / Mike Richards you have to build up a both a pool of good young players and solid vets for them to play with. Its worth noting Carter and Richards were also not rentals. They loaded up for a 3 or 5 year run.

At the time they made those deals they did not have enough roster spots for their young guys cuz they were loaded in talent. They traded Jack Johnson, but had Doughty and believed Voynov was on the cusp (also had Martinez in the system). Schenn was not ready to help them at center, but Mike Richards was. They had Brown and Dustin Penner to play where Simmonds would slot. Simmonds was a loss but they had good players there. Ultimately they added Carter who was even more capable. Neither us nor Edmonton is in that spot unfortunately.

Throw away is the wrong word for our season. We're still likely to make the play off's. But it may not be the best time to play all our cards. Why trade a prospect for veterans who probably wont get us to this promised land you seek?

I think its ironic that guys want to give up Horvat plus, plus for Kane. We could have just drafted Nichushkin. He's bigger faster and will probably amount to more than Kane. He's virtually at Kane's performance level already. Hell, he cracked the Russian Olympic squad at 18!

For everyone who watched the trade tracker...my god!!! Again with This! Andrew Ladd suggested to go to Vancouver, for...Bo Horvat, Hunter Shinkaruk, Brendan Gaunce. Jesus, WTF Lawton. Again with this?! Even Kyper thinks he's is crazy! I actually am starting to believe the suggestion that Cheveldayoff said something to the guys at Sportsnet.... Ugh!

Archived