The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis!

1SportsLover1

Its now been made official, Mike Gillis and upper management have made it crystal clear league wide, if you want a player just ask. Sedins are the only safe ones because they can be mentors and they are finished as top players and will be less then 50 point players next season, wont contribute wins. There is a great chance Edler is moved before the deadline, wether it be before or after olympics, hopefully for mantha and a 1st or atleast on of those and then guys like Kesler in the offseason bieksa garrison, and luongo aint coming back, he has checked out and now that the rebuild is on he wants to win a cup so , put 2 and 2 together , he gone. Then with some trades before the deadline , we can hopefully get a top 5 or so pick , potentially get Sam Bennet or Leon Draisitl or Jake Virtanen, then with the firsts from hopefully Edler and Kesler deals we can get Ivan Barbashev and Josh Ho Sang! we would be so loaded with talent we would be in the best shape ever. Then target Connor Mcdavid and we might have the quickest rebuild imaginable. When you have a team like ours that is auctioning off talented veterans, the return could sweep us off our feet. Different sport but remember when the spurs tanked while robinson was hurt and got duncan and now have had one of the greatest runs ever, if you suck it up and go for it , you can bridge the gap and be a Dynasty. Thank you Gillis for going for it and lets own this league in a few years!

Its now been made official, Mike Gillis and upper management have made it crystal clear league wide, if you want a player just ask. Sedins are the only safe ones because they can be mentors and they are finished as top players and will be less then 50 point players next season, wont contribute wins. There is a great chance Edler is moved before the deadline, wether it be before or after olympics, hopefully for mantha and a 1st or atleast on of those and then guys like Kesler in the offseason bieksa garrison, and luongo aint coming back, he has checked out and now that the rebuild is on he wants to win a cup so , put 2 and 2 together , he gone. Then with some trades before the deadline , we can hopefully get a top 5 or so pick , potentially get Sam Bennet or Leon Draisitl or Jake Virtanen, then with the firsts from hopefully Edler and Kesler deals we can get Ivan Barbashev and Josh Ho Sang! we would be so loaded with talent we would be in the best shape ever. Then target Connor Mcdavid and we might have the quickest rebuild imaginable. When you have a team like ours that is auctioning off talented veterans, the return could sweep us off our feet. Different sport but remember when the spurs tanked while robinson was hurt and got duncan and now have had one of the greatest runs ever, if you suck it up and go for it , you can bridge the gap and be a Dynasty. Thank you Gillis for going for it and lets own this league in a few years!

redundant! rinse and repeat.

I picture you talking incredibly fast and not breathing for this entire wall of text.

I said this too. The Sedins should be the ONLY untouchables playing on this roster for the reason of them inducing a winners mentality into youth that will eventually step in.

I would say that Kassian, Tanev and Stanton should be untouchables too, but if the price is right to be able to move them for pieces that will make us better for now AND in the future, then yes, by all means do it.

But slow down champ! This won't all happen over night.

It's made official when it comes out of the horses mouth. Not the guys who clean the stalls. That's how I feel.

And is this even news?....it's pretty apparent that a struggling team would consider all options?

sigh

Actually Dreger and Mckenzie both said this. Twitterverse is getting louder on it to.

Please , just give me a chance, I know what I am talking about. Nobody listened to me , then Tortorella says we look slow and are in trouble and was at a loss for words. Those that dont want it, just be open minded, I know people look at the oiler with 3 straight number 1s and get scared, but as I have said many times, thats why you start the process before its to late, if we can get 3 or more , you never know first rounders these next few drafts including last year , we will have accumulated more talent in a short span then the oilers all these years. We can be a fast young exciting team and win games like 6-2 5-1 . We can do it, I want to see young superstars put on that Vancouver jersey on draft day for the first time. I know we can be a Dynasty I know it.

I said this too. The Sedins should be the ONLY untouchables playing on this roster for the reason of them inducing a winners mentality into youth that will eventually step in.

I would say that Kassian, Tanev and Stanton should be untouchables too, but if the price is right to be able to move them for pieces that will make us better for now AND in the future, then yes, by all means do it.

But slow down champ! This won't all happen over night.

Inducing a winners mentality? Are you serious?

Kesler won the Selke and without him shadowing Toews, the Canucks wouldn't have gotten past Chicago.

Luongo was won Olympic gold, and much like Kesler stole that series.

The Sedins are going to be two $7M a year mentors? Great idea there.

Archived