The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

POLL: who will replace Stamkos on team Canada?

________ in for Stammer ?  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simply, you - the people - fill out the poll and at the end, we'll have a roughestimate of what people think about replacing Stamkos :)

Also like to say I'm very appreciative of Stammer's decision to not go as he'd jeapordize his career and Canada's chances of winning Hockey Gold since he wouldn't be 100% and even then, not up to par at game speed. No one comes back from an injury like that and plays like they did before without getting used to things over a period of time. They're a step or two behind and over many games will they get that feel back...similarly, I hope Hank opts to not play for Sweden and ensure his health before anything especially considering he's already won Olympic Gold before and it's not that big of a deal for him to win it again.

Personally, I want St. Louis to make it cause I feel sorry for him but I believe Canada will put James Neal ahead of him and who I really think will make it asides from feeling sorrow for Marty.

People underestimate Neal a lot and he's basically a left handed Stamkos. Very good offensively and it'd make sense as a trio line of Neal-Crosby-Kuntiz would have instant chemistry and tear apart the tournament. I think it's going to be a tossup between Neal, St. Louis, and Giroux but I honestly feel Neal will get selected.

Voted Staal/Staal. The guy deserves it, he shows up for team Canada every WC, he made the winning team in 2010. Plays a 200ft game and brings size. He's a shoe in.

I voted MSL but I think Giroux brings more to the table.

However, in my heart of hearts I think that Stall was the player that turned it all around last time so I wouldn't hesitate to pick him. He also brings massive leadership, and size, without sacrifcing speed.

Yzerman is a big rat.

Only reason I can possibly think stamkos and at Louis were left off the Olympics in 2010 is cause he is a selfish Gm .

And this year same thing didn't want either going so he names stamkos knowing unless through divine intervention he would be unable to go.

He doesn't want to risk tiring them or injuring them I guess. Only thin I can think of.

It's a disgrace to the hockey gods that St. Louis is not on the team and they were both the biggest snubs in 2010.

Yzerman is a big rat.

Only reason I can possibly think stamkos and at Louis were left off the Olympics in 2010 is cause he is a selfish Gm .

And this year same thing didn't want either going so he names stamkos knowing unless through divine intervention he would be unable to go.

He doesn't want to risk tiring them or injuring them I guess. Only thin I can think of.

It's a disgrace to the hockey gods that St. Louis is not on the team and they were both the biggest snubs in 2010.

Oh get R3al.

Yzerman is a big rat.

+1

Archived