The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Crosby getting special treatment..

TheRussianRocket.

I personally do not like it. First off, like to say I'm not hating cause he is the best player in the world but he's getting so much excess attention and leeway it's kind of ridiculous.

Kuntiz got in only because it'd make life for Crosby easier to adapt and that hasn't really worked up to this point. That was a risky move in the first place cause it left off a superstar like Giroux which still boggles my mind but anyways, the universe doesn't revolve around Crosby. Sure he's the best player in the game but just because he isn't producing and clicking doesn't mean you have to screw around with every other lines chemistry just to satisfy him. People are forgetting Canada is stacked and other players not named Crosby can carry the team as well.

..there has been some solid chemistry amongst forwards so far and it's being broken up all for the reason to give Crosby that perfect match. Well, it won't really help if you switch linemates every on every line every game and rather, I'd just give Sid a set line and let him figure it out on his own. Looking at it that Kuntiz was supposed to eradicate the chemistry problem, it hasn't worked out thus far so don't screw over the other lines to specifically compensate Crosby. Yea it'd be nice if the best player in the game was on his top game producing - would make gold that much easier - but I'm just voicing out I personally don't like that special treatment. He's the best player in the world, he'll find a way to make things worse, so give a set line and let him figure it out and not mess about with the other lines which are doing good.

My lines for Crosby would be:

1.) Kunitz - Crosby - Carter

2.) Kunitz - Crosby - St. Louis

3.) Since Kuntiz has been sucking and if he continues to, bench him: St. Louis - Crosby - Carter

4.) Benn/Tavares - Crosby - St. Louis

Tell me more about how well Kunitz would be doing without Crosby.

Tell me how well Carter/ st. Louis/ any other winger are doing with Crosby? Carter did better without Crosby. Just because you pair someone with talent =/= it makes them better. How'd Booth do with the Sedins?

People also forget he put up numbers playing with Getzlaf and Perry.

Kunitz is an excellent defensive forward, which we need. Sharp-Bergeron-Kunitz would be an excellent shutdown line.

so was burrows in 2010. technically by the staffs standards burrows should've made the cut as well. NOT because of the sedins.

he scored many goals, was at his peak, a great two way player, superb on the penalty kill. them not putting burr is a prime example of how the kunitz decision was solely for crosbys sake.

so was burrows in 2010. technically by the staffs standards burrows should've made the cut as well. NOT because of the sedins.

he scored many goals, was at his peak, a great two way player, superb on the penalty kill. them not putting burr is a prime example of how the kunitz decision was solely for crosbys sake.

And personally I think Burr should have made it. Kunitz/Burr fill roles we need on a team. Picking Team Canada shouldn't simply be picking th e best players and hope they can play together in whatever role they're thrown into.

Kunitz has amazing chemistry with the best player in the WORLD. Putting him on the roster is a risk I would take ten times out of ten. Unfortunately, the Sedins don't play for Canada so there was no chance in hell Burrows even got a look.

Tell me how well Carter/ st. Louis/ any other winger are doing with Crosby? Carter did better without Crosby. Just because you pair someone with talent =/= it makes them better. How'd Booth do with the Sedins?

People also forget he put up numbers playing with Getzlaf and Perry.

As far as Kunitz goes I feel the Crosby debate is legit. Though he was a good player with the Ducks when he went to Pittsburgh he had a noticeable increase in his shot percentage. Ether his new jersey gave him amazing accuracy or Crosby is setting him up for easy goals.

It should be noted that Kunitz worst seasons in Pitts shot percentage wise mirror Crosby. In 2011-2012 when he shot only 11.3% Crosby missed 60 games to injury. A good variable to show you how much he dips without Sid. In 2009-2010 when he shot 9.9% though Sid was healthy it is the one season where Sid changed his style and his assists significantly dropped while his goals rose as did his shot total (career high in both that year) 51 goals and 58 assists compared to 33 goals and 70 assists the year before.

It seems fairly obvious that Kunitz is greatly benefiting from Crosby.

Kunitz_zpsc5aaf041.jpg

Couldn't agree more with OP. I agree Crosby is probably the best player in the world but it seems to me the team revolves around him. I was enraged when I seen that Babcock had broken up Canada's best line (Benn-Bergeron-Tavares) through the first two games for Crosby against Finland. (Benn-Crosby-Bergeron was the "first" line against Finland.)

When the team was picked I thought Kunitz was a good gamble by Yzerman for obvious reasons, but the gamble didn't pay off. If Kunitz isn't gonna play with Crosby he doesn't belong on the team. Time for Babcock and Yzerman to admit they made a mistake by scratching him. If Crosby continues to struggle so be it. There are three other lines that are good enough to step up and win a game.

Is Crosby the best? Does the fact that he is Canadian colour people's views?

How come the "best player in the world" is having such a tough time adapting.? Shouldn't adapting be easier for the "best" as compared to the rest of them.

Would Crosby still be considered the best if he played in the west? I don't think so. I believe the media and masses would focus on Toews.

YVMD

Archived